Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For LS Sith Warrior, Why does Vette stay with you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
For LS Sith Warrior, Why does Vette stay with you?

errant_knight
11.03.2012 , 02:05 PM | #11
She doesn't actually hate the empire, she just hates evil. She has no immediate escape, her situation is vastly improved, and if you're LS, she comes to have respect for you very quickly. And LS choices indicate a certain disagreement of your own with both evil decisions and slavery. My LS warrior only lost points for being more polite than she thought was called for. Vette likes attitude, lol

AlexDougherty
11.04.2012 , 06:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
. Define your character as you choose, mind you. But my characters act according to their own moral codes, their definitions of what constitutes right and wrong, though. I try to approach every situation in the game more like that, than to follow some strict definition of "being bad means I pick the red button".
That's fine as a starting point, but the Dark Side twists your perceptions, what was a reasonable but opposing viewpoint becomes unreasonable the further you go into the Dark Side. Look at Anakin in the Revenge of the Sith, his views are skewed, and as the film progresses they become more so, until any disagreement is answered with anger and perplection.

That is why the Jedi suppress emotion, any strong emotion can lead to a moment of anger, which lead to more moments of anger, and then your corruption.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Phyreblade
11.04.2012 , 10:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
That's fine as a starting point, but the Dark Side twists your perceptions, what was a reasonable but opposing viewpoint becomes unreasonable the further you go into the Dark Side. Look at Anakin in the Revenge of the Sith, his views are skewed, and as the film progresses they become more so, until any disagreement is answered with anger and perplection.

That is why the Jedi suppress emotion, any strong emotion can lead to a moment of anger, which lead to more moments of anger, and then your corruption.
You're still assuming you can appreciate how a DS character defines right and wrong. My warrior has very real and fundamental ideas what constitutes right and wrong, and it's far removed from anything of the Jedi. She utterly sneers at their perception of correction and propriety, anyway. To her, they're not only wrong, they're the real bad guys. So that the notion one should alter the Empire to suit LS ideals is, to her, morally repugnant.

I just don't eschew the idea darkside is its own moral fabric. That that morality is fundamentally opposite to lightside morality doesn't, imo, change that really.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server

errant_knight
11.04.2012 , 10:56 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post

I was going to disagree with this in part until I had a little more coffee and things started to work better. I was going to make the point that not all sith fuel themselves with rage, that
Spoiler
in the knight story.
Spoiler
immersed in the dark side and are entirely reasonable when compared to Darth Vader.

There are a couple of points to consider about that, though. One, we don't know how darkside
Spoiler

Lastly, it may be that
Spoiler
is correct.
Spoiler