Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Developer Blog: HK-51 Classified Intel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Developer Blog: HK-51 Classified Intel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AshlaBoga
11.03.2012 , 08:24 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by johnhansen View Post
What are we going to use HK for? running around and showing off???
1. Leveling your lowbies (1M credits OR 350 CC per character). Previously I thought you had to be level 10 (Advanced Class) to access this perk, but I saw a pic of someone on the PTS at level 1 with HK-51 so that means you can be ANY level. As a matter of fact, HK-51 will make Korriban/Hutta and Tython/Ord Mantel a lot shorter since you can get him as soon as you create your character

2. Soloing Belsavis and Black Hole Heroics.

3. Soloing SM D7, BoI, FE or HM BT, D7, FE.

4. Open world PvP - outside of Outlaw's Den

5. Role Play

6. Leveling from level 50-55 (in late December, early January).
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

vian
11.03.2012 , 08:24 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by johnhansen View Post
What are we going to use HK for? running around and showing off???
Query: You need more, meatbag?

Statement: All HK units are equipped with state of the art assassination hardware and software, making them ideal for high-risk operations.

Addendum: HK secondary functions include a large variety of customisable crafting options which will give you superior equipment in the field.
Two blasters; no waiting!

Nehoda_Niux
11.04.2012 , 04:48 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Trenter View Post
With both Forex and HK-51 in Havoc Squad I foresee nothing but a crumbled Empire.
Affirmation: Sorry to disillusion you, but the only thing crumpled will be your pathetic droids once my Sith Alchemy-enhanced HK-51 turns them to scrap ... meatbag!

dmikhail
11.04.2012 , 07:19 AM | #44
Will this be essentially another full fledged companion? Think it will have a story to fit the class storyline, or just slapped in there? Customizable looks/gear at all?

DameonLG
11.04.2012 , 09:52 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by dmikhail View Post
Will this be essentially another full fledged companion? Think it will have a story to fit the class storyline, or just slapped in there? Customizable looks/gear at all?
This is what I was wondering. I mean I love HK, but if he's not going to get -any- points from standing in the background, and is completely silent during every quest (aside from his combat speech) I'll be sad.

AshlaBoga
11.04.2012 , 11:40 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Nehoda_Niux View Post
Affirmation: Sorry to disillusion you, but the only thing crumpled will be your pathetic droids once my Sith Alchemy-enhanced HK-51 turns them to scrap ... meatbag!
Sith Alchemy enhanced? Man, my main's a Sorc and I didn't even consider that idea.

Out of curiosity, are you going to be implanting Tsil-like crystals into HK-51 and imbuing them with as much Dark Side energy as they can hold? I'm of the mind to remove brain cells from a Jedi PoW and add them to HK-51's CPU. But I'm worried he'll complain about the presence of "Organics" in his system. I get enough bloody whining from Ashara.

AshlaBoga
11.04.2012 , 11:46 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by DameonLG View Post
This is what I was wondering. I mean I love HK, but if he's not going to get -any- points from standing in the background, and is completely silent during every quest (aside from his combat speech) I'll be sad.
You get 5-6 convos with him and he talks apparently during all Makeb content (which is either coming Dec '12 or Jan '13).

DameonLG
11.04.2012 , 04:19 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
You get 5-6 convos with him and he talks apparently during all Makeb content (which is either coming Dec '12 or Jan '13).
That's nice, but I mean during early levels. Like if I send him to a level 1 alt, I won't get to hear him call any of the NPCs meatbags? =(

vian
11.04.2012 , 04:32 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by DameonLG View Post
That's nice, but I mean during early levels. Like if I send him to a level 1 alt, I won't get to hear him call any of the NPCs meatbags? =(
Maybe he'll have a few stock phrases during combat, like companions do now? Like Corso's "Now you're dumb, ugly AND dead." et al. I guess we don't have to wait long to find out.
Two blasters; no waiting!

Evgen
11.04.2012 , 06:44 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
Good Lord, so much focus on Belsavis in this new content! the planet itself is huge, then we get an ops based on it, then some dailies, then more sets of upcoming dailies now the next companion is from there too...

(This isn't a complaint just an observation. I'd like to see other planets getting similar love like how Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa did for the events)
I'm willing to bet this is because there isn't a lot of lore to worry about breaking there.
If they were to make a story on Kashik I'm sure there would be people popping up complaining that it goes against some other Star Wars work.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy