Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rp Guilds still active?

Viyk
11.02.2012 , 10:26 AM | #1
I played back at launch, but only got to level 14ish. So I'm still pretty much a "newb" in every sense of the word. I'm thinking of coming back, despite all the gloom and doom on certain MMO forums (I logged in last night for a bit and saw the server actually seemed very full). The SWTOR-RP site seems pretty much dead and so I was wondering if RP is still going strong on this server, and if there are any Empire-side RP guilds that are recruiting and don't mind newer players and RPers who are still newish to the SW Lore in general.

Thanks in advance.

DakhathKilrathi
11.02.2012 , 01:17 PM | #2
Hi there! It sounds like we might be exactly what you're looking for. While The Second Sith Empire is not exclusively a role playing guild, a large portion of our user base does engage in RP events with the guild. We don't mind players who are still new to the game - or indeed, new to MMOs in general. We have a short application form as a requirement, but it's mostly so everyone in the guild knows where to go for information/updates. If you're interested in joining, head over to http://thesecondsithempire.shivtr.com/ and sign up.

And if you have any questions, feel free to let me know, either here on the forums or in game (Sriia on the Empire side).

Evaszion
11.02.2012 , 05:43 PM | #3
Not to steal DakhathKilrathi's thunder or anything, but Execution is recruiting as well! We're a large(ish) guild that's focused primarily on RP, with PvE on the side. We have a well-rounded group of people that are new to MMO's, experienced, young, old, etc. You can check us out on: http://eh-execution.enjin.com to see if we're the fit for you. Or if you just wanna go ahead and fill out an app or... somethin'. Yar!
Quote: Originally Posted by Madned View Post
Actually Alderaan was quite more orderly after Palpatine. Now there is no more crime, disease, poverty, or life anywhere on it and it's now a quite orderly astroid field. Clearly, he was a true defender of the Republic and all it stood for.

JekRendar
11.02.2012 , 07:38 PM | #4
SWTOR-RP has died down, but it's not dead. Your best bet is to post something there and see if you get any hits. Generally speaking, players who visit RP sites tend to be more dedicated, while (no offense to the posters above) those who visit OFs for recruits tend not to be as dedicated, as in, generic concepts, loose standards, etc.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

pbloom
11.02.2012 , 09:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Viyk View Post
I played back at launch, but only got to level 14ish. So I'm still pretty much a "newb" in every sense of the word. I'm thinking of coming back, despite all the gloom and doom on certain MMO forums (I logged in last night for a bit and saw the server actually seemed very full). The SWTOR-RP site seems pretty much dead and so I was wondering if RP is still going strong on this server, and if there are any Empire-side RP guilds that are recruiting and don't mind newer players and RPers who are still newish to the SW Lore in general.

Thanks in advance.
There are plenty of RP guilds recruiting; you just need to find one that suits you.
VOLKOFF: LEAD RECTOR
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Venarive
11.05.2012 , 09:57 PM | #6
Still guilds about.
You may want to try coming along to the Nights of Nar Shadda, held every Thursday on the northern barge, Lower Promenade, held every Thursday, starting at 9pm Eastern. A goodly number of guilds are there, some every week, some come intermittently. Interact with folks and see what works for you.
http://www.ordoinvicta.com/home/part...sday-9pm-est-5

You may also be interested in looking here: http://www.ordoinvicta.com/home/star...empire-faction
We also host an IC datacron hunt held every Tuesday on a different planet. We meet on Imperial Fleet at 9pm Eastern.

Viyk
11.06.2012 , 09:04 AM | #7
Thanks all, I'll peek around in game and check out some of these links.