Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

Alec_Fortescue
11.05.2012 , 08:04 AM | #81
According to Lucas there is no story post episode VI. That was the end of the story. I hope if the new episodes will be sequels then they'll screw up entire EU and make it non-canon.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Captain_Zone
11.05.2012 , 06:31 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
Yes but there is no point in talking now about whats canon and what isnt post-rotj. Just have to wait to the movies come out. If its stated Luke never had kids or Mara jade doesnt exist in the movies and dies without kids, it would literally wipe out most of post-rotj EU considering his offspring is relevant in almost every novel continuation.

Just an example really. Same as any reference in the new movies to an event imbetween episode 6-7 that could wipe out most EU imbetween and after. Example being: Luke is old and there has been no threat to the galaxy since Sidious was defeat at Endor and Luke has been training Jedi ever since. Which would mean all pieces of EU imbetween the trilogies have become invalidated
Well, technically the current Canon system is still in effect until such time as Episode VII comes out and Leland Chee gets a chance to redo the Holocron. I definitely hope that he goes with a completely separate universe this time around. Currently, the two universes are OT/PT and OT/PT/ExU. For continuity's sake, as I've said before, I hope that the new universe is OT/PT/Disney. Make it completely separate from the OT/PT/ExU after RotJ. It would make the most sense, imo.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

jarjarloves
11.05.2012 , 10:03 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Well, technically the current Canon system is still in effect until such time as Episode VII comes out and Leland Chee gets a chance to redo the Holocron. I definitely hope that he goes with a completely separate universe this time around. Currently, the two universes are OT/PT and OT/PT/ExU. For continuity's sake, as I've said before, I hope that the new universe is OT/PT/Disney. Make it completely separate from the OT/PT/ExU after RotJ. It would make the most sense, imo.
of course you think that would make the most sense because you don't want all your books that you own to become nothing more then Fan fiction.

However in reality it makes the least sense for what they are doing. The most sense as they build a trans media empire is to keep 1 story line or 1 canon set across multiple mediums. So if you want the whole story you have to buy it all.

Having 3 different universes is really just silly. It gets into the whole mess they have now.

I mean look at comics. If I ask a question like What is the Joker's origin story how would you answer that?

Aurbere
11.05.2012 , 10:15 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
I mean look at comics. If I ask a question like What is the Joker's origin story how would you answer that?
Joker's origin is really confusing. There are, I think, twelve different stories. I don't even think Joker knows anymore. I don't even think he cares anymore.

As to the topic at hand. Another universe would keep everyone happy. EU fans keep the EU and we all get new movies. You're happy, I'm happy, Zone's happy. See how that works.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Vepariga
11.05.2012 , 10:42 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
They could, but I'm almost certain they won't. My guess the entire EU and every character in it is about to become non-canon.
well technically it IS. Most official canon is only stated through the movies and tv series. Even Zahn said 'the books are just books' fantastic stories,some amazing some utter rubbish.

OldVengeance
11.05.2012 , 11:02 PM | #86
There's still a difference between not being as canon as the movies and being completely contradicted by them and thereby being non canon.

Captain_Zone
11.05.2012 , 11:46 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
There's still a difference between not being as canon as the movies and being completely contradicted by them and thereby being non canon.
Which is why a branching universe would make the most sense. Make The Truce At Bakura the first ExU stepping stone, while Episode VII would be the first Disney stepping stone in the New Universe. If it's handled correctly, it should keep most fans satisfied, if not happy. lol
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

chuixupu
11.06.2012 , 12:38 AM | #88
I think this is relevant, it's an article talking to Timothy Zahn about stuff he talked about with Lucas and how he feels the books fit in with everything, what he hopes to see in the movies. http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/0...-timothy-zahn/
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Karkais
11.06.2012 , 12:59 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Joker's origin is really confusing. There are, I think, twelve different stories. I don't even think Joker knows anymore. I don't even think he cares anymore.
I believe his origin is intentionally obscure. They even made fun of it in dark knight.

Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
The completely unlikable characters makes me a bit nervous about using the legacy era
Whats there not to like? The completely dry-and-clean standard SW heroes are much more boring. I'm completely bored at heroes in gaming culture. Thats why I prefer playing a Sith. ps. Sith at the legacy are possibly the most interesting sith characters ever. Internal backstabbing and ambitions are shown much more than in any other content that I know of.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Praiden
11.06.2012 , 01:21 AM | #90
so G-canon shot at C-canon and accidently killed N-canon is the proccess which just left SUPER-canon. i think i got it now.

on a more serious note i have no idea what this canon crap mean and it confusing. also i hope they jump into jedi academy like the video games have some people come in but only as side actors and not main ones.
RUN FROM THE GLOWSTICKS
SWG Lowca
SWTOR Prophecy of the Five - Myirk 50 Happy Feet