Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

Wolfninjajedi
04.14.2013 , 02:09 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
My only hope, it shows Luke skywalker as the Grand master during the times inbetween ROTJ and The Vong era.

I really hope they don't dump on the EU of that time.

Thrawn series, X-Wing series, I Jedi, Corellia duology.

Please Disney, don't destroy it! YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!!
I doubt they would do that, this isn't really DC/Marvel where they overhaul every decade or so. Its also one big universe(compared to the other companies which have like....thousands of different universes...barring aside the 3 N-canon SW stories), I mean removing a big chunk of the EU just to stick the movies would be kinda a bad thing. Now they could, do it in a way where the movies touch upon a timeframe where were gaps in time that could be expanded on.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TheWhiteBarontwo
04.14.2013 , 05:28 PM | #162
I'll probably only watch the new movies once they're in the bargain bin, they're just going to end up creating a giant mess with this.

GarfieldJL
04.16.2013 , 02:36 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
My only hope, it shows Luke skywalker as the Grand master during the times inbetween ROTJ and The Vong era.

I really hope they don't dump on the EU of that time.

Thrawn series, X-Wing series, I Jedi, Corellia duology.

Please Disney, don't destroy it! YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!!
I wouldn't mind if they uncannoned Star by Star...

ZahirS
04.16.2013 , 09:29 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I wouldn't mind if they uncannoned Star by Star...
My same sentiment.

jovianus
04.16.2013 , 11:39 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I doubt they would do that, this isn't really DC/Marvel where they overhaul every decade or so. Its also one big universe(compared to the other companies which have like....thousands of different universes...barring aside the 3 N-canon SW stories), I mean removing a big chunk of the EU just to stick the movies would be kinda a bad thing. Now they could, do it in a way where the movies touch upon a timeframe where were gaps in time that could be expanded on.
I think you are vastly overestimating the size of 'EU Fans' as a proportion of 'Star Wars fans'.

I doubt Disney is worried about losing money if they say that Han's favorite color is orange when in Comic #84927 it clearly states his favorite color is blue. The vast majority of 'Star Wars fans' are most likely solely fans of the movies, who would have no idea what a 'Thrawn' is anyway.

And let's face it, people who are big enough fans of Star Wars to get that deeply into the EU are not going to boycott the movies just because it didn't take into account their favorite book/comic/character.

Wolfninjajedi
04.17.2013 , 08:17 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
I think you are vastly overestimating the size of 'EU Fans' as a proportion of 'Star Wars fans'.

I doubt Disney is worried about losing money if they say that Han's favorite color is orange when in Comic #84927 it clearly states his favorite color is blue. The vast majority of 'Star Wars fans' are most likely solely fans of the movies, who would have no idea what a 'Thrawn' is anyway.

And let's face it, people who are big enough fans of Star Wars to get that deeply into the EU are not going to boycott the movies just because it didn't take into account their favorite book/comic/character.
No I ain't overestimating anything, I know there are more just movie fans then EU fans. However removing a large chunk of the EU, just to fit in a movies that would only cover what? A few months or years at the most? Compared to the EU, which has been worked on for quite some time just seems silly. Yes its perfectly logical, to just throw away 40+ years of work down the drain.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Seireeni
04.17.2013 , 09:53 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post

If the movies don't respect EU at all, I'll sign off my sw-fanatism and start being purely a fan of Timothy Zahn and nothing more. A few of my friends are probably gonna see it anyway, I'll ask them how bad it is, and if it's as bad as I'm afraid of, I'm not gonna watch it. It would ruin my sweet memories of the sw I used to love.

I'm not worried about small changes about how character x's favourite food is now different than in some book, I don't think anyone is. I'm worried about that they may rewrite the whole thing.