Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fungihoujo
12.26.2012 , 09:46 PM | #631
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Not reading all the posts so prob has been said but bubble stun is not OP. However, it can make for boring pvp condidering the resolve system this game has.

This is what we should talk about and ask for it nerfed in this fashion. I think even most people that use it understand it makes for boring pvp.

Best solution imo is to make it caster only and give sorcs that high up in that tree some other boost. Maybe make it do dmg instead of stun when casted on others. Or make it set off a hot on the target (or both).
It does- it's not interesting to be chain stunned, nor is it interesting to have to put my bubble back up on my team every 20 seconds to be viable.

But... right now the bubble defends against half a smash crit- so it's not preventing enough damage. Our survivability and damage are both garbage.

And- it's also not interesting to be chain rooted through resolve, or to be killed by two mara in 3 seconds with zero chance to counter- I'd be much, much, much more willing to talk about getting the CC of my class reduced once I see the side which has too many defensives, too many roots, too much mobility, too much interrupt/healing killing ability, and way way way too much burst talking about all the things that are making the game less fun- which even includes CC, the very thing they're complaining about.

However- as long as marauders want to say being able to chain 9 seconds of roots together, on abilities with tiny CDs, through resolve isn't a problem, or in another spec that being able to auto crit for up to 8k on a group followed by a 4k bladestorm- ending with a 4k ranged execute isn't too much damage in too little time- that having an aoe instant mez, stealth escape, group speed buff, etc... and numerous defensives isn't too much utility and survivability...

I'm willing to talk about what's wrong with the game- but I'm not willing to listen to one side whine nonstop about a single ability sorcs have that is causing grief when they are completely unable to fathom discussing anything that could suggest their class is OP- something that everyone who isn't a marauder agrees with across the board.

Rincewend
12.26.2012 , 09:49 PM | #632
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
It does- it's not interesting to be chain stunned, nor is it interesting to have to put my bubble back up on my team every 20 seconds to be viable.

But... right now the bubble defends against half a smash crit- so it's not preventing enough damage. Our survivability and damage are both garbage.

And- it's also not interesting to be chain rooted through resolve, or to be killed by two mara in 3 seconds with zero chance to counter- I'd be much, much, much more willing to talk about getting the CC of my class reduced once I see the side which has too many defensives, too many roots, too much mobility, too much interrupt/healing killing ability, and way way way too much burst talking about all the things that are making the game less fun- which even includes CC, the very thing they're complaining about.

However- as long as marauders want to say being able to chain 9 seconds of roots together, on abilities with tiny CDs, through resolve isn't a problem, or in another spec that being able to auto crit for up to 8k on a group followed by a 4k bladestorm- ending with a 4k ranged execute isn't too much damage in too little time- that having an aoe instant mez, stealth escape, group speed buff, etc... and numerous defensives isn't too much utility and survivability...

I'm willing to talk about what's wrong with the game- but I'm not willing to listen to one side whine nonstop about a single ability sorcs have that is causing grief when they are completely unable to fathom discussing anything that could suggest their class is OP- something that everyone who isn't a marauder agrees with across the board.

^^^ This X1000, should be made a post-it on the PVP forums.

Exilim
12.27.2012 , 02:35 AM | #633

Good post good post.
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running

kazh
12.27.2012 , 03:06 AM | #634

I've been lurking the PvP forum for a month or two now. With regards to PvP, if there was one post a Bioware/EA employee or developer should see, it is this one, particularly the highlighted paragraph. Just reading that paragraph made me want to quit the game and it encouraged me to make my first forum post. (my two mains and only 50s i have are a merc and an op [lol]) I say we make huge picket signs with that paragraph on it and march to wherever the dev work.

Rincewend
12.27.2012 , 03:14 AM | #635
Quote: Originally Posted by kazh View Post
I've been lurking the PvP forum for a month or two now. With regards to PvP, if there was one post a Bioware/EA employee or developer should see, it is this one, particularly the highlighted paragraph. Just reading that paragraph made me want to quit the game and it encouraged me to make my first forum post. (my two mains and only 50s i have are a merc and an op [lol]) I say we make huge picket signs with that paragraph on it and march to wherever the dev work.
Two Mercs wow I am sorry, the only class that has been beat harder than Sorcs. I know how you feel, there have been a few times in WZ's when I have just wanted to quit this game. Starting to Force speed from a jumper and have him choke me (pulling me out of Force speed) than have his team mate jump in on me and kill me with two buttons. The rest of the team around me did not even have time to react. But hey stunbubbles are OP right, just because it slows them down sometimes. (not when it is on me, only when it is on a Jugg, Mara, or PT on my team.