Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AdmiralParmesan's Avatar


AdmiralParmesan
11.24.2012 , 10:44 PM | #511
A better solution would be to make it so the bubble would only activate on damage break. In addition to making the stun last for a lesser duration when cast onto another player.



Massively increasing the stun resolve to even 600 would brutally kill full lightning even more and hurt the hybrid spec. Unlike other classes, sorcs rely on kiting and managing the opponent's resolve bar in order to survive. Increasing the stun resolve would make it so that sorcs would be filling thier opponent's resolve bar incredibly quickly. with no way to stop this other than not using the bubble at all. The problem is sorc against a full resolve player is a free kill, because without kiting or cc the sorcerer has no way to kill or even defend against the opponent. Being that every other class has higher burst and defenses means that smart cc usage is required to beat another class as a dps sorcerer.

blameitonthe's Avatar


blameitonthe
11.25.2012 , 01:36 AM | #512
Bubble stun is essential to pvp now seeing as lolsmashers are becoming more frequent. You crit me for 6.5k then i stun you, it's a fair trade.
BMO IS MY HOMIE.

Vladnar's Avatar


Vladnar
11.25.2012 , 03:26 AM | #513
Force bubble is handy but if you think its OP then you are doing something wrong and so are all your friends im afraid.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Sirokai's Avatar


Sirokai
11.25.2012 , 03:30 AM | #514
Imo, they can nerf bubble stun if they want to give our class an actual defensive cd and damage that isn't laughable. I would actually support a change like that.
Sith Sorcerer (Pandemonium) - Female, Sith Pureblood; Imperial Agent (Sidelined) - Male, Chiss; Jedi Knight (Lamuh) - Male, Sith Pureblood; Trooper (Khaligto) - Female, Mirialin

KiranK's Avatar


KiranK
11.25.2012 , 03:39 AM | #515
This thread is nothing more than "I hate Rage Maras so stun bubble is OK". That logic doesn't even remotely make sense. Since you can bubble anyone and both teams can easily fill their rosters with bubblers and maras, all this does is make the game a "stun and smash" fest. Is that really what you want? Wasn't there enough stuns in this game already? Do we really want more? Especially more that add a ridiculously pitiful amount of resolve? Why do Maras make other things OK? Why are Maras at the center of every argument? Stun bubble has nothing to do with Maras. Maras are another argument entirely. Surely you Mara whiners can find one of the other 50,000 anti-Mara threads to go complain in. The rest of us just want not to be stunned for half the WZ. THERE ARE MORE MELEE CLASSES THAN SITH WARRIORS. OMG people, one melee being OP doesn't mean all melees should suffer for it.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Sirokai's Avatar


Sirokai
11.25.2012 , 03:43 AM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
This thread is nothing more than "I hate Rage Maras so stun bubble is OK". That logic doesn't even remotely make sense. Since you can bubble anyone and both teams can easily fill their rosters with bubblers and maras, all this does is make the game a "stun and smash" fest. Is that really what you want? Wasn't there enough stuns in this game already? Do we really want more? Especially more that add a ridiculously pitiful amount of resolve? Why do Maras make other things OK? Why are Maras at the center of every argument? Stun bubble has nothing to do with Maras. Maras are another argument entirely. Surely you Mara whiners can find one of the other 50,000 anti-Mara threads to go complain in. The rest of us just want not to be stunned for half the WZ. THERE ARE MORE MELEE CLASSES THAN SITH WARRIORS. OMG people, one melee being OP doesn't mean all melees should suffer for it.
Tbh assassin damage is pushing it as well. The only difference is that lolsmash is a 1-hit wonder while assassins are a 3-4 hit wonder.
Sith Sorcerer (Pandemonium) - Female, Sith Pureblood; Imperial Agent (Sidelined) - Male, Chiss; Jedi Knight (Lamuh) - Male, Sith Pureblood; Trooper (Khaligto) - Female, Mirialin

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
11.25.2012 , 04:05 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
This thread is nothing more than "I hate Rage Maras so stun bubble is OK". That logic doesn't even remotely make sense. Since you can bubble anyone and both teams can easily fill their rosters with bubblers and maras, all this does is make the game a "stun and smash" fest. Is that really what you want? Wasn't there enough stuns in this game already? Do we really want more? Especially more that add a ridiculously pitiful amount of resolve? Why do Maras make other things OK? Why are Maras at the center of every argument? Stun bubble has nothing to do with Maras. Maras are another argument entirely. Surely you Mara whiners can find one of the other 50,000 anti-Mara threads to go complain in. The rest of us just want not to be stunned for half the WZ. THERE ARE MORE MELEE CLASSES THAN SITH WARRIORS. OMG people, one melee being OP doesn't mean all melees should suffer for it.
Actually, it's not, it's marauders saying 'we are so OP that buffs to other classes now make us more OP than the class that was actually buffed- so rather than nerfing us, nerf the UP class that sucks out of their one useful ability'.

/scrolls down and reads the rest of your post

And there we go again. Another person saying this needs a nerf before it makes the game stun and smash fest- while trying to dissuade people from talking about the real problem- that marauders can do this much damage this fast.

Surely you, sorc whiner, can find something else to do than whine about sorc abilities. Want to know why marauders are the center of every argument? Because they make themselves the center of every argument. Here's a thread packed with marauders asking for sorcs to get a nerf- after months of marauders barging into every thread by sorcs, dps ops and mercs- telling them to l2p, that they suck, that their class is fine- and that the reason why marauders are dominating isn't because marauders are good, but because only good players play marauders, and bad players pick other classes.

If they didn't want to be the center of everything- they shouldn't have spent 6 months deflecting any attempt to talk about the issues with their class being OP- while doing everything they could to prevent any other class from getting a buff.

As you say- there's 50000 threads about marauders- yet nothing has been done about it. You say everyone just wants bubble stuns gone? Well, looks to me by your own admission what everyone really wants is marauders finally looked at after half a year of non-stop, uncontested domination.

And yet, after months of us saying what's wrong with our class, and everyone saying what's wrong with marauders being this strong- BW doesn't say a single thing.

One big thread on sorc force bubble stun though- and BAM, marauders get a response from the devs instantly.

When I make a thread about sorc problems in the sorc forum- I don't get sins or ops telling me to shut up, if anything they'll agree or at least accept what I'm saying- but sure and rain, on the first page a marauder will come in and start talking about how because he gets owned by sorcs, they're fine, and nothing's wrong, and it's time to learn to play, etc.... Like clockwork they descend, every single time- for half a year.

Now- because we have one thing that can ruin their day a bit, they want to come give crocodile tears and act like they are suddenly harbingers of balance? ********- I'm not buying it, nobody's buying it, and frankly they can take their own advice and learn to play.

blameitonthe's Avatar


blameitonthe
11.25.2012 , 04:31 AM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Actually, it's not, it's marauders saying 'we are so OP that buffs to other classes now make us more OP than the class that was actually buffed- so rather than nerfing us, nerf the UP class that sucks out of their one useful ability'.

/scrolls down and reads the rest of your post

And there we go again. Another person saying this needs a nerf before it makes the game stun and smash fest- while trying to dissuade people from talking about the real problem- that marauders can do this much damage this fast.

Surely you, sorc whiner, can find something else to do than whine about sorc abilities. Want to know why marauders are the center of every argument? Because they make themselves the center of every argument. Here's a thread packed with marauders asking for sorcs to get a nerf- after months of marauders barging into every thread by sorcs, dps ops and mercs- telling them to l2p, that they suck, that their class is fine- and that the reason why marauders are dominating isn't because marauders are good, but because only good players play marauders, and bad players pick other classes.

If they didn't want to be the center of everything- they shouldn't have spent 6 months deflecting any attempt to talk about the issues with their class being OP- while doing everything they could to prevent any other class from getting a buff.

As you say- there's 50000 threads about marauders- yet nothing has been done about it. You say everyone just wants bubble stuns gone? Well, looks to me by your own admission what everyone really wants is marauders finally looked at after half a year of non-stop, uncontested domination.

And yet, after months of us saying what's wrong with our class, and everyone saying what's wrong with marauders being this strong- BW doesn't say a single thing.

One big thread on sorc force bubble stun though- and BAM, marauders get a response from the devs instantly.

When I make a thread about sorc problems in the sorc forum- I don't get sins or ops telling me to shut up, if anything they'll agree or at least accept what I'm saying- but sure and rain, on the first page a marauder will come in and start talking about how because he gets owned by sorcs, they're fine, and nothing's wrong, and it's time to learn to play, etc.... Like clockwork they descend, every single time- for half a year.

Now- because we have one thing that can ruin their day a bit, they want to come give crocodile tears and act like they are suddenly harbingers of balance? ********- I'm not buying it, nobody's buying it, and frankly they can take their own advice and learn to play.
YES. YES. YES.
That is all.
P.S.......
YES.
BMO IS MY HOMIE.

Sirokai's Avatar


Sirokai
11.25.2012 , 04:43 AM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by blameitonthe View Post
YES. YES. YES.
That is all.
P.S.......
YES.
This. Many times this. And the previous this to this.
Sith Sorcerer (Pandemonium) - Female, Sith Pureblood; Imperial Agent (Sidelined) - Male, Chiss; Jedi Knight (Lamuh) - Male, Sith Pureblood; Trooper (Khaligto) - Female, Mirialin

Chemic_al's Avatar


Chemic_al
11.25.2012 , 05:43 AM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
As you say- there's 50000 threads about marauders- yet nothing has been done about it. You say everyone just wants bubble stuns gone? Well, looks to me by your own admission what everyone really wants is marauders finally looked at after half a year of non-stop, uncontested domination.

And yet, after months of us saying what's wrong with our class, and everyone saying what's wrong with marauders being this strong- BW doesn't say a single thing.

One big thread on sorc force bubble stun though- and BAM, marauders get a response from the devs instantly.
Well it's not like we didn't know that Bioware plays marauders and hate sorcs, that is just the proof.

And maras qqing here when they pretty much tell everyone else "L2P!" when dealing with their numerous array of stupidly OP abilities - well they are just the biggest effin hypocrites coming here with their QQ "OMG STUN BUBBELZ SO OP, NERF NAU!!!", and sadly they are Guarded By Bioware.

*le sigh*