Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LoL-K-Noob
11.02.2012 , 08:39 AM | #41
L2P issue, Im starting to see melee people are now moving out of stun bubble range to pop it and saving their heavy hitters after the pop. The only people crying for nerf here are people who want easy mode kills with their easy mode OP specs pyrotech,lolsmash, etc.

Pvtcarnage
11.02.2012 , 08:53 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
L2P issue, Im starting to see melee people are now moving out of stun bubble range to pop it and saving their heavy hitters after the pop. The only people crying for nerf here are people who want easy mode kills with their easy mode OP specs pyrotech,lolsmash, etc.
Guess you don't need to L2P with all the fail your playing against.......
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

TonyDragonflame
11.02.2012 , 09:30 AM | #43
I wanna have same bubblestun on my scoundrel. Yep, and on my guardian too...
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

MusicRider
11.02.2012 , 09:33 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
Exactly, anyone who says this is ok does not understand how it can be used and has yet to meet good players that do....PERIOD. Our Ranked team uses this and some friends on Imp side run it and all agree it's to OP as is.

1) Needs to add more resolve, 4 to fill is just silly
2)not be able to activate by clicking off buff icon (you can do this while stunned btw)
It is overpowered but only when applied to teamates. All your solutions are nerfs to sages. So if it is a privilege of the caster only:

1) Resolve as it currently is, it is fine. A sage cannot cast it more than twice in a row.
2) Emphasizing that this is exclusive only to sages/sorcs: Yes and?

heechJunzi
11.02.2012 , 09:46 AM | #45
I'd be okay with any of the below fixes:

- make it self-cast only,
- make it fill up proper amount of resolve,
- make it a mezz instead of hard stun,
- make it not available for self-clicking.

There's absolutely no reason the bubble needs all 4 of the above.

(I will say one thing though: the current setup DOES make my commando much more enjoyable).
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Dacer
11.02.2012 , 09:52 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Amebia View Post
Take away the stun effect when used on others and give sorcs the following

Medium armor+2- Defensive cooldowns (Resilence,Deflection)+Higher damage.

Sorcs fixed.
Play an assassin. Fixed

knightow
11.02.2012 , 09:53 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
I hate playing melee with a passion right now, especially against clued opponents (like in ranked). Everyone I fight has a bubble on, and click it off at will. I'm constantly stunned. I am a firm believer this is the reason people have complained about the increase in stuns post-1.4, rather than the resolve change.

They need to address this.
/signed nerf bubble sorc/sage
Also remove auto facing/keyboard turning support.
Its a *********** joke that these nubs think there so leet compared to any melee class.
LMFAO at all the auto facing tards coming here to defend there OP spec.
50 Scoundrel ~50 Guardian ~50 Gunslinger ~50 Sentinel
50 Shadow ~50 Commando ~50 Vanguard ~42 Sorcerer
<Ghost Infantry>

Pvtcarnage
11.02.2012 , 10:00 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
It is overpowered but only when applied to teamates. All your solutions are nerfs to sages. So if it is a privilege of the caster only:

1) Resolve as it currently is, it is fine. A sage cannot cast it more than twice in a row.
2) Emphasizing that this is exclusive only to sages/sorcs: Yes and?
1)Uhh yeah, but there are 7 other people with the stun ready togo and can add it up to hit 4 times.....
2)Explain yourself better, anyone with bubble can click it. Yes and? Being able to activate a stun while stunned is ok with you?

Seems you fail to understand how this can be used.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

nellosmomishot
11.02.2012 , 10:28 AM | #49
I've posted this before, but seeing as this is essentially the same thread as the one it was originally posted in I'll say it again here.

As someone who has played the hybrid heal spec since before the 1.2 nerfs (and also played it in the highest ranked republic team on my server), I think they should just roll it back to be an AoE mezz. This will have literally no impact on the highest tier of PvP as competitive ranked teams know how to not break CC. As an added benefit, the total derps in this thread can go back to facerolling bad sages in unranked where they belong.

What would break the spec, leaving it as a stun and doubling the resolve. Why? It's because then you couldn't bubble more than one or two players or the enemy teams resolve would fill too quickly.

What would also break the spec, moving the talent higher in the TK tree. This would put it out of reach of healing trance. While I have tried going higher for a mental alacrity build and no healing trance, the force management is no good.

What would also break the spec, making it pop only on the caster. This is because lots of healing power is lost when you have to watch your force without the free noble sacrifice. This bubble stun provides a valuable "pre-heal" by interrupting the melee train bursting the person that's bubbled. This is consistent with the way that the bubble works as a pre-heal even without the stun.

This spec is literally the only sage spec that is viable in RWZ, don't take it away from us because you can't be bothered to blade storm (or whatever ranged move your class has) from range (I have a focus guardian I know it works).

TL,DR: Just make it an AoE mezz again to appease the hordes of bads, it won't affect competitive PvP enough to be an issue.
Nellosmomishot - 55 Sage (Seer)
<Intrepid>
U'should Unsub - 55 Guardian (Defense)
<Adroit>

Hairyzac
11.02.2012 , 10:39 AM | #50
Developers why haven't you responded to this? Is clicking the bubble off for the stun an intended mechanic? Why have you not said anything in weeks about this?