Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

afupia
11.23.2012 , 10:39 PM | #481
Bioware needs to fix this its killing pvp.

MidichIorian
11.23.2012 , 10:52 PM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by Calogerus View Post
.... but one more Sorc nerf and you lose my sub.
Two subs. I'm fine with them taking away the stun when the bubble is thrown on other players but they better implement one hell of a compensation in the same patch.

hate-wizard
11.23.2012 , 10:54 PM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Two subs. I'm fine with them taking away the stun when the bubble is thrown on other players but they better implement one hell of a compensation in the same patch.
Yeah, that's exactly the fix I'd advocate. Unfortunately a bubble sorc (or two) and three others can shutdown + cap a node with the click off stun atm. Getting rid of the click off stun (rather than the stun altogether) will not hurt the sorc/sages but will stop it being used as it is today.
Kherådruakh, Moløtch

fungihoujo
11.23.2012 , 11:06 PM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Sulfuren View Post
List them all. Please.
"
36 seconds worth of roots/minute.
AoE mez.
Channeled stun.
Stealth
15 sec CD leap.
Predation
Obfuscate
Saber Ward
CoP
Undying Rage
15% natural movement boost

There you go, ten utility/defensives/CC or whatever 'tools' in a carnage mara's toolbox- though 36 seconds worth of roots is so absurdly OP it should count as three or four.

Anyway- there you go, you ask for 10, I give you ten, what next?

fungihoujo
11.24.2012 , 12:24 AM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
i dont play a sent or mar, i pvp with inf spec shadow.

i dont think anyone is asking for sages/sorcs to get nerfed. people are only asking WZs to not be filling with 16 people are running around with a silly aoe autostun bubble that is exploitable. sages/sorcs can keep a personal autostun bubble( as long as the exploit is fixed ). but the bubble they put on teammates should not have the auto aoe stun.
Sages have an ability to put a stunning ability on allies- if you remove that it is a nerf. Everyone saying sorcs shouldn't be good at 1v1 because they are a group play class can't now just take that back and say the stun should be sorc only.

Everyone is asking for sorcs to get a nerf here- at most you have people saying 'well, give them a buff or something, whatever', like some small, mindless buff is going to make up for losing this.

If the class is going to suck 1v1, is not going to have the burst to get doors/turrets, and is going to be a sitting duck without a tank- it needs to stand out in group play, and now it actually does.

So- if that bubble gets removed, this class needs to get viable burst, viable self reliant healing, and viable mobility while casting. Because if it goes back to having no purpose in RWZ- that's the last thread on a very frayed rope.

crunchbarry
11.24.2012 , 12:27 AM | #486
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLordMaster View Post
**** you, this game is retarded. I love it. We complain for months about getting *****r ***** by melee and powertechs and they post a few QQ threads and we get the one thing we had going for us nerfed again..
straight from the llama's mouth. i own pve's ***.

SoonerJBD
11.24.2012 , 01:14 AM | #487
Sorcerers and Sages get another nerf while Sentinels and Marauders continue to auto-crit entire groups for 6k-10k. That makes sense.

Oddy_T
11.24.2012 , 05:42 AM | #488
Quote:
And at the same time with the change the bubble stun was made to be clicked off and the amount of resolve it gives doesn't match with other stuns of the same.

I doubt they intended for that to happen, especially the former, and the feedback that is happening in this thread, along with a dev posting that there -IS- an issue, say's that.
You can click the bubble off since day 1 of this game which kind of shows what you know I guess (and how overpowered that has always been since very few people ever seem to have noticed).
The patch notes said they changed the talent to not break on damage and said nothing at all about any other changes, because there weren't any. The patch literally did what they intended and what the patch notes said.

Boyana
11.24.2012 , 06:57 AM | #489
This all is crazy.
I somehow think developers already decided what is going to be done with bubble.

Orielensis
11.24.2012 , 07:07 AM | #490
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Sorcerers and Sages get another nerf while Sentinels and Marauders continue to auto-crit entire groups for 6k-10k. That makes sense.
No I think you've not understood what the qqing is about.

Two things are very noticeable in ranked pvp or normals involving strong premades on my server since I started playing again after a couple of months playing gw2, that weren't there before. The first is the crazy overuse of bubble stuns completely dominating some games, the second is the number of rage specced juggs and maras dominaing the damage charts, they seem to have taken over from pyro PTs.

Now the tiny amount of resolve built by the bubble stun assisting with ccing players while you cap is one thing. But the fact it's aoe and hard stun means it's the perfect combo with rage specced warriors / focus guardians. Whole groups of players fixed in place by the bubble stun can then be chain smashed with no opportunity to move or use any of their abilities to escape the situation. Use your cc breaker and you're just instantly stunned again.

So actually it's the ability to chain so many bubble stuns that is making that huge aoe autocrit damage you're worried about so OP atm. I used to laugh at rage / focus specced guys on both my carnage mara and my op healer - they were so easily controlled and countered. Now I don't laugh so much because I'm often fixed in place to eat 2 or 3 smashes without even having been able to use a single defensive ability or my own cc etc.

It's not working as intended, surely?
Seasons of Byss
|The Prognitor EU|
Lykourgos 55 Marauder Mel'pomene 55 Operative
Brasidas 55 Powertech