Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

warstory
11.02.2012 , 04:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Reviaj View Post
I don't usually post, but this deserves it.

To read a Sentinel complaining about how OP sorc bubble is really gets me sick. Go and roll one, level a sorc up to 50 and try to play without that buble. After 2 WZ you will post here crying about getting 6k force sweeps by the 3-6 sentinels/guardians (never less, who knows why) of the other team and getting instant killed (even with bubble)
+1

Without the bubble sorc is unplayable. Period, especially the lightning/tk spec
UNPLAYABLE !!!!!
I have yet to see another full tk or lighting sorc/sage in pvp.

Reviaj
11.02.2012 , 04:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven View Post
Yeah, in that regard I dont disagree with you at all. Currently the game is too heavily biased towards melee and this makes the impact of bubbles even bigger- Our VGs hate it especially. So yes, its good to counter the currently bias in the game. Does that mean its actually correct that the bubble has a hands-down mechanical advantage when it comes to stun duration per resolve filled?

Id argue no.
It is not overpowered, it is a new tool. Yes, it almost doesn't full resolve and it's 3 seconds stun... Learn to counter it.

If your VGs are having problems with it, tell them to use HIV 10m away of the target.

If your guardians are having problems with it, use blade storm 10m away of the target.

Or either use a ranged dps.

About ranked, now this makes Sorc/Sage necessary for ranked (if there is 1 at each team is fair, isn't it?) I just hope commandos/mercenaries get something usefull too so we will see 8 people team with 1 of each AC.

DakoHawk
11.02.2012 , 04:57 AM | #23
It is not overpowered, it is a new tool. Yes, it almost doesn't full resolve and it's 3 seconds stun... Learn to counter it.

If your VGs are having problems with it, tell them to use HIV 10m away of the target.

If your guardians are having problems with it, use blade storm 10m away of the target.

Or either use a ranged dps.

About ranked, now this makes Sorc/Sage necessary for ranked (if there is 1 at each team is fair, isn't it?) I just hope commandos/mercenaries get something usefull too so we will see 8 people team with 1 of each AC.
No, it is broken and it seems pretty obvious how bioware was able to overlook it. No one is asking to take the bubble away, just to fix it. If you think sorc/sages need a buff then come up with a suggestion that doesn't involve chain stunning the opposition. Learn to think.

Ycoga
11.02.2012 , 04:59 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DakoHawk View Post
No, it is broken and it seems pretty obvious how bioware was able to overlook it. No one is asking to take the bubble away, just to fix it. If you think sorc/sages need a buff then come up with a suggestion that doesn't involve chain stunning the opposition. Learn to think.
No, BW knew it would work this way and it's working as intended.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Kegparty
11.02.2012 , 04:59 AM | #25
God no. They have very little surviv as it is and now for the first time they have a role in ranked even as a DPS.

Reviaj
11.02.2012 , 05:44 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DakoHawk View Post
I love the rational behind your post. Tell me, smart man, how can you fix it without making sorc useless in ranked again?

Did I even say anything about sages needing a buff? What post did you read? I just said it is not overpowered you just need to adapt to it and I even suggested how, since with my other 3 melees char I have no problem dealing with it. Learn to read and learn to respect.

And if you think that sorc/sage do not need any kind of buff or that is playable in ranked without this bubble, try to play one at level 50.

heechJunzi
11.02.2012 , 06:03 AM | #27
As is usual on this forum, some people play at the higher levels and know want I'm talking about. Some roll solo queue regular in bm gear and have no clue.

1) the problem isn't with "sorc survival". I have no problems with Sorcs having this ability for self-preservation, it's just an issue when EVERYONE on their team is bubbled by a single sorc.

2) People don't realize the bubble can be clicked off? Again, that's THE problem. The difference in playing a "normal" team and a super-spiffy bubble team is SO noticeable. I spend at least half of the latter match leaning over grabbing my eyes. It doesn't matter who I'm targeting at range or whatever, because even if it was possible to go after a target without a bubble.... his buddy can stroll up behind me and pop his bubble.

Everyone on the team is given an additional free, at-will, AOE, low-resolve HARD stun courtesy of a single sorc. And you wonder why people are calling it stun wars?
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Reviaj
11.02.2012 , 06:04 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
Repetition of this thread. Resolve is fine. It's a defensive ability of sages/sorcs as they were too vulnerable to high burst dealers. Just make the bubble self-cast only.
If you make it self-cast you kill the sage/sorc healer in PvP. All our heals are casted and the bubble give us the time to cast and heal someone, without the bubble by the time we cast our heal our teammate is already dead.

Just my opinion. I would rather improve the talents of the top of the trees of corruption and madness (seer and balance) so it forces players to go full tree and not hybrid.

As a sorc healer, full healer is not that good in PvP. The AoE heals a lot... if you can cast it and if everybody stands on it, and that is pretty difficult in PvP since everybody is moving around and a good team will never let you cast the AoE (or in case you cast it, they will kick you out of there). That's why you rather go hybrid and get more survivability.

If they improve the talents on the top as it could be, for example, remove the 20% snare of affliction (that none uses) and give an extra 0'25 sec reduction per point to dark infusion, it might be interesting to go higher on the tree so no more hybrids. Same thing if you increase the damage in creeping death in madness or if you change devour (again, I think noone uses it) for crit rating on DoTs instead of that extra healing.

As Sage dps, what do you think?

Reviaj
11.02.2012 , 06:18 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
As is usual on this forum, some people play at the higher levels and know want I'm talking about. Some roll solo queue regular in bm gear and have no clue.

1) the problem isn't with "sorc survival". I have no problems with Sorcs having this ability for self-preservation, it's just an issue when EVERYONE on their team is bubbled by a single sorc.

2) People don't realize the bubble can be clicked off? Again, that's THE problem. The difference in playing a "normal" team and a super-spiffy bubble team is SO noticeable. I spend at least half of the latter match leaning over grabbing my eyes. It doesn't matter who I'm targeting at range or whatever, because even if it was possible to go after a target without a bubble.... his buddy can stroll up behind me and pop his bubble.

Everyone on the team is given an additional free, at-will, AOE, low-resolve HARD stun courtesy of a single sorc. And you wonder why people are calling it stun wars?
You, who claim to play at such higher level, can you give me a reson why you would pick a sorc/sage without stun bubble on your ranked team?

You are complaining about the resolve system as a dps, I challenge you, try to play as a healer (with your commando maybe?). You can get pulled, rooted, stunned, stunned again and then rooted again. Trust me, the bubble is not the worst thing about the resolve system implemented in 1.4.

AKfourtyseven
11.02.2012 , 06:25 AM | #30
You, who claim to play at such higher level, can you give me a reson why you would pick a sorc/sage without stun bubble on your ranked team?
Normally, im not into name dropping, but...

Pwny was doing just fine before the bubble change and id still pick him without the bubble.
Surik - lvl 50 Guardian
Server : The Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Guild : Coral