Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DaedalusV
11.08.2012 , 07:53 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
let's see:

We got a nerf to adrenals to lower "spike" damage and a strong nerf on sorc/sage hybrid dps class so that the AC was almost put out from the table on 1.2. After that the dev team buffed a little bit some melee damage and cut some range on one of the highest dps AC's (Vanguard -Pt's) , so basically the idea of balance is not so bad but one thing is writting on paper and another thing is what we the players found out by trying and discovering that basically u can have a 2 smashmonkeys and 2 short ranged dps dealers not only doing the same amount of damage with enough surv but now,,,,hey! lets give em a short stun so they have another way of cc a target and burn it fast......WUT??????? REALLY!!!!!!
Guys we have ENOUGH cc's and tools in game and they are pretty good.
I still beleive sorcs need and will need more surv tools compared to other classes and even if the bubble is "annoying" it's fine, it gaves a squishy class 2-3 seconds to try to LOS, heal up and go on.
What i really can't understand is a full team (including myself in all the classes i play) with an aditional stun that not only does not slows TTK or makes the game funnier but has already changed the way rateds go.
So if both teams are using the bubbles as a defensive and OFENSIVE tool, there is no clear advantage in an equal scenario for any of them.
The only thing new on the table is that u have MORE cc and less movility
I still strongly beleive that sage/sorcs needed this tool taking in consideration the way 1.2 almost destroy their gameplay
But i CAN'T understand why the dev team is adding more stuns, mezzes, etc.....it makes the game more and more static and in my personal opinion...boring
The past changes on resolve are bad, adding more stuns is BAD, is not something that any team can't handle, in fact EASIER than before for a coordinated team, but the result is just B O R I N G
So please, keep the defensive tool FOR the caster only
so stop ppl from using the stun offensively by making it impossible to manually break it. Problem solved.
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

StelarVG
11.08.2012 , 07:58 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
You were asking for it. Stop being egoistic and L2P.
Everything he said is true, there is no L2P issue here, don't be a troll.

MusicRider
11.08.2012 , 08:03 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
Don't touch resolve. Look at the cc breaker cooldowns.
Don't touch the stun bubbles directly, just remove the ability to manually break the bubble.

Small changes like those two. Don't go overkill on the nerf bat since sorcs and sages don't have any truly viable 31 point specs for pvp. The free on demand cc is OP, the skill itself isn't.
These are not bad points. I was also thinking that the cc breaks have long cooldowns, especially for some classes. Disabling the ability to debuff bubble stun armor I am convinced is necessary. Between good players it becomes a race on who will click and debuff first.

SpaniardInfinity
11.08.2012 , 08:09 AM | #164
The CC on the bubble should absolutely stay. It is an incredible asset to the team that apparently most people only discovered in the time since 1.4. There is nothing overpowered about the stun itself, I see it as a very real and practical counter to melee DPS (which has a very high population right now) but it also has little to no effect on anyone that can DPS from beyond the bubble-break range (considering all ranged DPS with the exception of Sniper/Gunslinger are gimped if not completely underpowered). What may be overpowering it, though, is the way resolve is applied.

IMO, the only change to the bubble needs to be either:
- make the CC break on damage and applies the amount of resolve it presently does in 1.4.
- make the CC not break on damage and give it the same amount of resolve as all of the other instant stuns (ie. ~50%)

Regardless of the choice, the bubbles breaking from damage on allies should be protected. Stop being melee and you won't have these problems :P
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

warultima
11.08.2012 , 08:24 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaniardInfinity View Post
Regardless of the choice, the bubbles breaking from damage on allies should be protected. Stop being melee and you won't have these problems :P
But melee is more faceroll. There's a reason why melee has such a high population rightnow.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

SajPl
11.08.2012 , 08:25 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.
First better look at lolderpsmash and marauders which have the best defensie abilities in the game (better than any tank class) on super short cooldowns at that ...

Groncho
11.08.2012 , 08:29 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
so stop ppl from using the stun offensively by making it impossible to manually break it. Problem solved.
half of the problem
u still have and extra cc tool for Ac's that really....don't need em
shadow/assa....no need for extra cc
gunslinger/sniper....no need for extra cc
vanguards/pt's no need for extra cc
sent/guardians and mara/juggs.... no need for extra cc
scoundrel/operatives -----THEY NEED A NERF (jk)

maybe commandos can use them but well the class is not performing so good atm in other aspects
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

DaedalusV
11.08.2012 , 09:26 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
half of the problem
u still have and extra cc tool for Ac's that really....don't need em
shadow/assa....no need for extra cc
gunslinger/sniper....no need for extra cc
vanguards/pt's no need for extra cc
sent/guardians and mara/juggs.... no need for extra cc
scoundrel/operatives -----THEY NEED A NERF (jk)

maybe commandos can use them but well the class is not performing so good atm in other aspects
if you stop people from being able to use the cc manually, then you aren't giving other ACs more cc options. The bubble will break on dmg (controlled by the opponents) or it will break when duration ends (controlled by the bubble caster.)
Letting people control when it pops themselves is the TRUE problem. Solve it and sages won't be nerfed back into nothingness.

if they change the skill beyond that, they need to buff all 31 point specs for sage and sorc (they should make full specs viable before destroying the only worthwhile spec for ranked play
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

VigDiath
11.08.2012 , 09:29 AM | #169
Bubbles FTW!!!!
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

SpaniardInfinity
11.08.2012 , 10:59 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
But melee is more faceroll. There's a reason why melee has such a high population rightnow.
Oh I am well aware they have a high population. It's also why I think you hear so many complaints about the bubble stun, there's more melee getting stunned [SARCASM] and we just can't have that![/SARCASM] It's range is 8-meters, its obvious this is the kind of thing that will have its greatest impact on classes/specs which must be in that range. Melee hates bubbles, ranged hates melee's leaps/control. It's almost like its balanced or something.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>