Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

heechJunzi's Avatar


heechJunzi
11.07.2012 , 04:39 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
The smash spec counter argument is stupid because you can put the bubble stun on an op rage/focus spec themselves and have anyone that jumps onto them be stunned for a nice 7k smash...
Exactly. Two wrongs don't make a right.... and two OP definitely don't translate into balance. Instead, the two OPs are often seen in use together, for super-ridiculous OP.

By the way, anyone else notice that Bioware actually necro'ed a dead thread to pass on the update? That tells me they really are looking at this, and (hopefully) a change is coming soon.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

TipsyDrow's Avatar


TipsyDrow
11.07.2012 , 04:40 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.
As someone who plays a hybrid seer/tele healing sage, I hope you also take into account without the sun bubble on our selves and on our team mates, melee are basically free to do as they wish. the stun bubble is a form of crowd control that neds to remain. There is to much focus on melee in this game. They have to many tools and do way to much damage compared to other classes. I resubbed to this game BECAUSE of the changes/buffs to sorcs/sages. If you remove them or any way make us as squishy and unwanted as we were before the buffs you will lose another player again. 1.2 ruined my sage healer for pvp, please do not do it again. All that needs to occur is the bubble should not be able to be removed at will, only via damage taken. that is the only change that should happen. You hear all these meleers complaining at this point because they now do not ultimate free reign, keep it that way.
Brëanne-GuardianSynafaee-Sage

Aeringunnr-PowertechIxzaluah-Sorceress

Davina-lucina-JuggernautAnnälisä-Mercenary

Liëllanna-Operative Kävä-Assassin

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.07.2012 , 04:43 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
It doesnt but that's not really the point. The point is that they havent really bothered with fixing that either and while fixing it wouldnt render the warrior/knight classes useless in rateds "fixing" bubble would put sorcs and sages back in the same position they were before the bubble buff. There is something wrong with a class if its' only use is to make other already good classes perform better.

Not sure if it was you who said that you could heal through the incoming smash damage. A heal speced sage/sorc might be able to do it but a pure or hybrid dps wont. They probably don't have the same alacrity, the channeling is longer, espcially with the pushback, and the heal in itself is lower. Add to this that a dps is not supposed to just stand there and heal, they're supposed to deal damage. By the time they've managed to get their HP up a little the CD on smash is gone again, rinse and repeat.

So yeah, it's not unreasonable to point at other broken things. It's definitely not unreasonable to demand that BW, once and for all, lets us now what it is that justifies mercs and sorcs current positions in PvP.

And a well played warriors/knights had sustained dps even before the smash buff.
I agree that DPS is in a bad place for sorcs in PVP. I know some Madness specced sorcs that can do their thing, but would be more effective on other classes. I don't think this ability is as helpful to the DPS hybrids. The healer hybrids were already bubbling everything under the sun anyway, so this doesn't change their game. There is a dip in overall healing, but they have a few abilities that make DPS go up as well as pick up survivability through the bubble and root on KB (I ran this for awhile before 1.3 for PUG purposes). I would consider the corruption/lightning hybrid as the only hybrid sorc build I would bring to ranked unless the player was extremely talented or we already weren't running with an ideal group anyway. I don't think this bubble stun change truly aided DPS specs in any significant way; there is still a long way to go to fix the setup for the DPS trees (lightning is a lost cause based on the whole premise of the tree, so let's just fix Madness).
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

MorgothQuick's Avatar


MorgothQuick
11.07.2012 , 04:56 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by TipsyDrow View Post
As someone who plays a hybrid seer/tele healing sage, I hope you also take into account without the sun bubble on our selves and on our team mates, melee are basically free to do as they wish. the stun bubble is a form of crowd control that neds to remain. There is to much focus on melee in this game. They have to many tools and do way to much damage compared to other classes. I resubbed to this game BECAUSE of the changes/buffs to sorcs/sages. If you remove them or any way make us as squishy and unwanted as we were before the buffs you will lose another player again. 1.2 ruined my sage healer for pvp, please do not do it again. All that needs to occur is the bubble should not be able to be removed at will, only via damage taken. that is the only change that should happen. You hear all these meleers complaining at this point because they now do not ultimate free reign, keep it that way.
No, what people are complaining about is that it doesnt fill resolve as much as it should. That is what needs to change.

Ycoga's Avatar


Ycoga
11.07.2012 , 05:10 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothQuick View Post
No, what people are complaining about is that it doesnt fill resolve as much as it should. That is what needs to change blah blah.
No, people are complaining because sorcs and sages can now do something obviously relevant to the progress of a WZ. Why shouldn't this class be able to do that?

Seriously, often the only time I have a hope in hell of lasting more than 5 seconds in a fight (when not guarded by a tank friend) is when bubbles pop in my vicinity and give me time to get out.

It's like we were designed to be dependant on being guarded by a tank. That's a design flaw in my books; because it means I cant play my class solo, I have to have a tank; and the pvp queue doesn't guarantee me a tank. And even if the class was designed that way, then my stunbubble needs to be able to help my tank out too because he's taking some of my damage for me!

You're so incorrect about this resolve business and you're just obviously jumping on the resolve bandwagon, ignorantly.

And don't dare tell me that the stunbubble is worst than being chain-stunned and shanked by a freaking operative, you'd just be a liar.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

knightow's Avatar


knightow
11.07.2012 , 05:12 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
How about we just nerf both smash and bubble? I think that would satisfy the people fighting here.
I think they'll have to because they're both incredibly broken and synergize with each other creating a really bad experience for anyone on the other side of these specs.

[Edit] Smash needs a huge nerf Bubble needs a small fix IMHO.
50 Scoundrel ~50 Guardian ~50 Gunslinger ~50 Sentinel
50 Shadow ~50 Commando ~50 Vanguard ~42 Sorcerer
<Ghost Infantry>

Ramtar's Avatar


Ramtar
11.07.2012 , 05:49 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by knightow View Post
I think they'll have to because they're both incredibly broken and synergize with each other creating a really bad experience for anyone on the other side of these specs.

[Edit] Smash needs a huge nerf Bubble needs a small fix IMHO.
Nerf Smash and Bubble, than Nerf Force Shroud, Flame Burst, Guard, Taunt and Back stabs out of Stealth, . So when does it end.

steaktrooper's Avatar


steaktrooper
11.07.2012 , 05:52 PM | #138
Quote:
Nerf Smash and Bubble, than Nerf Force Shroud, Flame Burst, Guard, Taunt and Back stabs out of Stealth, . So when does it end.
I would assume when the nerf QQ dies down, which i don't think will happen anytime soon
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

BobaStyx's Avatar


BobaStyx
11.07.2012 , 06:03 PM | #139
Nerf operatives
Mawgwi - Mara - McGirth - Sniper - Mowri - Merc Heals - Azishess - Assassin - Mègatron - Jugg -

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
11.07.2012 , 06:04 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I agree that DPS is in a bad place for sorcs in PVP. I know some Madness specced sorcs that can do their thing, but would be more effective on other classes. I don't think this ability is as helpful to the DPS hybrids. The healer hybrids were already bubbling everything under the sun anyway, so this doesn't change their game. There is a dip in overall healing, but they have a few abilities that make DPS go up as well as pick up survivability through the bubble and root on KB (I ran this for awhile before 1.3 for PUG purposes). I would consider the corruption/lightning hybrid as the only hybrid sorc build I would bring to ranked unless the player was extremely talented or we already weren't running with an ideal group anyway. I don't think this bubble stun change truly aided DPS specs in any significant way; there is still a long way to go to fix the setup for the DPS trees (lightning is a lost cause based on the whole premise of the tree, so let's just fix Madness).
You are wrong. As a dps hybrid the bubble has made it much easier to kill maras in 1v1. As a dps sage I can also maintain bubble stuns on my teammates for a sacrifice of a 20-30% of my total dps output. Frankly very exhausting playing both a dps and a "healer" but at the same time very effective.