Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AngusFTW's Avatar


AngusFTW
11.07.2012 , 01:36 PM | #111
YES hopefully this gets changed.
Quote: Originally Posted by RjuDju View Post
Yesterday im playing a madness sorc and the other team has 2 gaurdians jumping to me insta 7k hitting (i have 1385 expertise btw)me and lol'ing on my dead body....i respec to bubble sorc and get says complaining of my bubble being OP....if u nerf my bubble then u should nerf the lolsmashaderps
The bubble on the sorc itself isnt the problem but the bubble being on other team members. imagine a hybrid healer sorc putting that bubble on said 7k lawl smash juggernaut or say a pt and then when your teams meelee attacks they get stunned oso he can continue doing his dmg. THAT is what makes the ability op not as a defensive mechanism on the sorc themselves it would be easily countered there with some thought. Its next to impossible to counter when the entire opposite team has one and they pop all over the place leaving everyone stunned.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
11.07.2012 , 01:36 PM | #112
Waiting for:

"We have evaluated the sorcerer bubble stun and have came up with a solution. We have decided to nerf operatives."

RjuDju's Avatar


RjuDju
11.07.2012 , 02:04 PM | #113
Seems like a fair trade if ur gonna 6-9k smash everyone on my team that u get stunned for a couple secs after doing it. Is it OP maybe, but so are the smashers that bioware refuse to acknowledge/buff instead. Everytime a guardian smashes me i feel like kicking a cat.....

Anishor's Avatar


Anishor
11.07.2012 , 02:09 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Waiting for:

"We have evaluated the sorcerer bubble stun and have came up with a solution. We have decided to nerf operatives."
I like it /rubber stamp
Transcendence, Jung Ma
Theoros ( Vengeance *main* ) Theor'os ( Marauder *alt* )
Council
"The Light in the Shadow."

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
11.07.2012 , 02:25 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by RjuDju View Post
Seems like a fair trade if ur gonna 6-9k smash everyone on my team that u get stunned for a couple secs after doing it. Is it OP maybe, but so are the smashers that bioware refuse to acknowledge/buff instead. Everytime a guardian smashes me i feel like kicking a cat.....
Way to bring a completely unrelated topic to the table. On a side note, you need to regear then, because I have far less expertise on my sorc since I don't use expertise crystals and have the 27 resolve armoring in belt and bracers and I see 5-6k crits from smash. I love the 2k max abilities they have to use after that since they have no crit and I heal back to full health before they smash again. It is a terrible spec for killing healers unless they have 2 or 3 coordinated smashes, which are going to kill you even if smash is doing 3k. I don't understand your point.

I do appreciate how you know it's OP and agree with that being ok on the basis of something else being OP. Great balance.
I have opinions and stuff

LoL-K-Noob's Avatar


LoL-K-Noob
11.07.2012 , 02:27 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Way to bring a completely unrelated topic to the table. On a side note, you need to regear then, because I have far less expertise on my sorc since I don't use expertise crystals and have the 27 resolve armoring in belt and bracers and I see 5-6k crits from smash. I love the 2k max abilities they have to use after that since they have no crit and I heal back to full health before they smash again. It is a terrible spec for killing healers unless they have 2 or 3 coordinated smashes, which are going to kill you even if smash is doing 3k. I don't understand your point.

I do appreciate how you know it's OP and agree with that being ok on the basis of something else being OP. Great balance.
Congrats on facing PUG smashers who arent geared

SgtBranham's Avatar


SgtBranham
11.07.2012 , 02:57 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Congrats on facing PUG smashers who arent geared
I am a fully min/maxed augmented WH Juggernaut and i can tell you that against an equally geared player i am only hitting in the 5k range. 6k'ish if they have an armor debuff. the only time 9k hits ever happen is when those poor guys come in with mostly PVE gear.

Paulman's Avatar


Paulman
11.07.2012 , 03:29 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Way to bring a completely unrelated topic to the table. On a side note, you need to regear then, because I have far less expertise on my sorc since I don't use expertise crystals and have the 27 resolve armoring in belt and bracers and I see 5-6k crits from smash. I love the 2k max abilities they have to use after that since they have no crit and I heal back to full health before they smash again. It is a terrible spec for killing healers unless they have 2 or 3 coordinated smashes, which are going to kill you even if smash is doing 3k. I don't understand your point.

I do appreciate how you know it's OP and agree with that being ok on the basis of something else being OP. Great balance.
Actually it's completely related. People complaining are mostly warrior types that really have no room to talk when calling a class OP. You are completely wrong in everything you have said about gear. At 1388 expertise I see hits for over 6600+ and that's really good gear. A newer player can be hit easily over 8k.

Ignore the fact players are putting out massive damage on you, clearly, it's the stun that's killing you!

ACTroyan's Avatar


ACTroyan
11.07.2012 , 03:40 PM | #119
i play a jugg and mara and i like the new sorc bubble pop, it stresses the need for ranged dps in ranked teams... there are many ways a good team can work around this skill and it is far from game breaking. in order for a healer to get this they sacrifice alot in healing, as for dps they are busy casting bubbles instead of dmg spells... fair trade off in my opinion and not worth all the qq

Polebreaker's Avatar


Polebreaker
11.07.2012 , 03:43 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulman View Post
Actually it's completely related. People complaining are mostly warrior types that really have no room to talk when calling a class OP.
Why not? Overpowered is overpowered. Its not like these players DESIGNED the stupid roflsmash warrior setup lol... anyone with a brain can recognize that BOTH that stupid thing AND the crazy amount of bubblestuns are just BAD. (Not to mention a good half dozen or so other retarded systems in this game... /wave resolve...)

So no, saying one instance of an OP ability is justified because another different one exists is a false argument. To admit that your own ability is OP and is ok because of that is hypocrisy at it's best.