Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Flashpoints with companions


Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
11.08.2012 , 05:35 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
And hence SWTOR is candidate for biggest failure in video game history Thats YOUR game.

You really like going in circles writing nonsense with no arguments whatsoever.

Oh, and btw, BW is making DA3, but you are clueless about that as well. People like you usually are. Clueless.



No story in FPs/OPs after Esseles/Boarding party are direct result of people like him complaining that "all teh story and spacebarring will get in a way of farming instances" Yup. Thats why they only showcased Esseles pre-launch. People were very dissapointed about this when they found out, and majority points Esseles as best instance in SWTOR.

They also said instances would have mulitple ways through them, crew skills would play a great deal, and bosses in FPs/OPs bosses wont be one big guy pounding at group. Guess how that turned out lol.
What makes this game regarded as failure by the media and consumers is because this game was advertised and expected to be that "WoW Killer" which it wasn't. This game remains the most successful MMO out there after WoW itself. It is by no means dying - contrary to popular belief.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

GrandMike's Avatar


GrandMike
11.08.2012 , 07:49 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
This game remains the most successful MMO out there after WoW itself. It is by no means dying
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You seem as clueless as person i responded in previous post. The only thing SWTOR was most successful in was losing subscribers. They set a record thats gonna be hard to beat

Even EvE is doing better than SWTOR, and EvE is regarded as niche game rofl

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
11.08.2012 , 08:12 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You seem as clueless as person i responded in previous post. The only thing SWTOR was most successful in was losing subscribers. They set a record thats gonna be hard to beat

Even EvE is doing better than SWTOR, and EvE is regarded as niche game rofl
The numbers speak for themselves, you seem to attack anyone presenting an opinion that does not accept yours like a rabid dog. Why the aggressiveness and intolerance to opinions other than your own?. This game, with it's inbetween 1M to 500k subscribers, remains the 2nd most popular subscribe mode MMORPG.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Revanchis's Avatar


Revanchis
11.08.2012 , 08:28 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Not sure who would want to subscribe for KOTOR 3. You? Well, that's 1. I can't see anyone wanting to pay $15/month to play a single player game. All single player games I've seen can be beaten in less than a month meaning they would have to come out with KOTOR 4 in a month, KOTOR 5 the next month, etc. What single player RPG can churn out those numbers? And for $15 for each of those (since it's $15 a month and they'd need to have one release every month) what developer would make a profit?

You're the one who needs to get your head out of the clouds if you think that's feasible.

I don't understand how you can pat yourself on the back and say that you were right? I know scores of guilds and people who left because this game wasn't hardcore enough. There are tons of people who are annoyed they spent so much time on voice dialog and focusing so much on the solo experience that they ended up creating operations that are too easy and too quickly over. I'm one of those in that boat. 4 or 5 bosses for an operation that's completed in 1 week and then farmed in an hour or two the following weeks. Are you kidding me?

Keep believing in your pipe dream that turning this MMO into a Single Player RPG will save the day. Good luck with that.
They should have just made a single player RPG. Mass Effect 3 sold a lot of copies. I'm sure they could have made a good profit on KotOR 3, and it would have given them a much better reputation than this game. Helping to sell their next game, because right now everyone is saying Dragon Age 3 is a watch before buying, instead of the day one purchase like older Bioware games.

GrandMike's Avatar


GrandMike
11.08.2012 , 08:30 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
The numbers speak for themselves, you seem to attack anyone presenting an opinion that does not accept yours like a rabid dog. Why the aggressiveness and intolerance to opinions other than your own?. This game, with it's inbetween 1M to 500k subscribers, remains the 2nd most popular subscribe mode MMORPG.
Oooooh, no no no, i "attack" anyone who ignores big blue elephant in the room.

And no, SWTOR has nowhere near 500k subs, you missed that on last investors call they refused to talk about subscriptions

Even CEO of EA called SWTOR a miss.

Anyway, it seems its time to just start quoting myself:

Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Dont worry, enough people have moved on so more than half of staff was fired and it goes F2P in less than a year, EA refuses to release sub numbers (yah, thos are THAT bad), game has gone from 220+ servers to 20, and we still have people like you preaching others to move on (yah i was here long time before release and people like you preached the same thing, you got what you wanted and we all can see how THAT turned out)
Do you insist on SWTOR shutting down?

Just hope that new dev team has more sense than the old one.

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
11.08.2012 , 09:36 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
They should have just made a single player RPG. Mass Effect 3 sold a lot of copies. I'm sure they could have made a good profit on KotOR 3, and it would have given them a much better reputation than this game. Helping to sell their next game, because right now everyone is saying Dragon Age 3 is a watch before buying, instead of the day one purchase like older Bioware games.
I'm not disagreeing with you that a KOTOR 3 or DA3 wouldn't have been fun. I definitely would have played those and bought them. But I wouldn't be sitting there demanding multi-player function for those games... then again, I wouldn't have paid a sub for either of them.

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
11.08.2012 , 09:47 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
words
Seems successful enough to still have you talking about it. I have never really understood the mentality of people to hate something and then put all their time and effort into trying to make others feel the same hate. Seems like a huge waste of time and energy to me, but more power to you.

I wanted KOTOR3 too, but I am very happy with TOR (first MMO), at least if I wasn’t happy with TOR I wouldn’t be hanging around here crying about it. I would have moved on to another game by now instead of upping my Sub.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
11.08.2012 , 10:08 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Oooooh, no no no, i "attack" anyone who ignores big blue elephant in the room.

And no, SWTOR has nowhere near 500k subs, you missed that on last investors call they refused to talk about subscriptions

Even CEO of EA called SWTOR a miss.

Anyway, it seems its time to just start quoting myself since i already provided facts, and you guys spin around in cicrles ignoring them:
You have no data to back up your claim. You merely repeat what you seem to wish for. Schadenfreude much?
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
11.08.2012 , 10:31 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
Nobody said it should be Single Player RPG.
It was said that all of the content should be available to a single player. The whole story.
Not the gear. Grind operations for BIS gear in groups only.

Restriction to content is not the best way to make a community, it is the worst way IMO.

And MMO can live only with community.
Not with munchkin PUGs screwing the story by hitting space to skip dialogues in order to run and fast farm.
These arguments are terrible.
1) You do realize that Operations also have story content right? From Belsavis all the way through future patches there's a running story of the Dread Masters. Are you going to complain because the whole story of the ToR universe isn't available to you as a single player? You say you don't want this to become a single player rpg, but you want all the story... so you want to remove the story from operations just because you choose not to run them? That's rather rude of you to make such a unilateral choice.

2) I also claim BS for item 1 that all content should be available for solo play yet again. The reason why is that people don't want just story, they want gear. Are you saying you would be okay with doing HM FP's solo if you got 0 upgrades for it? If it's really just about the story then you're okay with getting no gear. Right? I don't think that's true. Look at how many people complain that they don't get any good upgrades in SM TFB. They seem to ask, "How do we progress?" Well, SM's are for people to experience the content, yet we still have people complaining about wanting better gear. So if you allowed FP's to be soloable, I guarantee you'll get complaints that there's no gear progression for those people. But hey, it's all about the story content right? Not the gear? Yeah right...

3) And I will hit the spacebar when I've already done the storyline once. I'm okay with someone who hasn't seen the story yet and they want to read/hear the dialog. That's okay. But, seriously, do you need to read it every time you do it? If so, then that's your prerogative, but don't berate those who don't want to sit through it for the umpteenth time.

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
11.08.2012 , 10:34 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Oooooh, no no no, i "attack" anyone who ignores big blue elephant in the room.

And no, SWTOR has nowhere near 500k subs, you missed that on last investors call they refused to talk about subscriptions

Even CEO of EA called SWTOR a miss.

Anyway, it seems its time to just start quoting myself since i already provided facts, and you guys spin around in cicrles ignoring them:
Lol. Saying that the last investors call where they didn't publish numbers doesn't mean that ToR is nowhere near 500k subs. That's you guessing. Nice "facts" there. You really need to work on arguments. L2debate. Kthx.