Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints with companions

Draekos
11.02.2012 , 02:27 AM | #11
I would enjoy some new content with my companions. Something akin to LOTRO's skirmish system would be awesome. If you could bring more than one it would be even cooler. Not looking to replace endgame content, but I would enjoy it even if daily comms and credits was the reward.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

rahadnak
11.02.2012 , 02:53 AM | #12
I would love this!!!. Of course, rewards should be different, but definitely, I would be happy if I had this chance to see my companions cooperate for once out of dialogue scenes.

Merwanor
11.02.2012 , 02:54 AM | #13
Me and a friend of mine would have loved this feature, and it would increase the importance of your companions which is supposed to be one of the big differences between other MMOs and SWTOR. I would love for a easy mode version of flashpoints that would be doable with companions. the esseles is still my favorite flashpoint for this very reason, because me and a friend can do it together in private.

SWTOR is an MMO and I know you are supposed to play with others, but this game attracts much more solo players because of the story element. And even though they encourage playing with others, it is not what everyone wants. But I don't think that hard modes should be doable with companions, only normal or a new easier version of flashpoints. And I have yet to see any MMO actually give solo players some kind of end game content, it is always raiding and dungeons that are end game. If there was end game content for solo players, more would stay subscribers after their stories are done.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

patchew
11.02.2012 , 02:55 AM | #14
No way, too many exploits waiting to happen.
BIO can barely keep its current player base playing honestly and within game laws.
Its a nice idea but you can't trust players not to completely wreck the game with exploits.

lklinga
11.02.2012 , 03:33 AM | #15
Well this simple answer to it .
NO and I LOVE companion system but it should stop 2+ heroics. It is cool feature but if overdone it will end up with pvp arenas with 2 players controlling a team of companions.

NO

sutava
11.02.2012 , 04:50 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenirath View Post
Yes, because MMOs are meant to be played Solo...
Yes they are, just as much as they are designed for grouping. This game was designed to let people solo if they wish. Stop force your narrow minded beliefs on others.

Quote:
Socialize, meet people
That can happen without being a group.
Keep all PvP systems off of PvE servers please. Otherwise what is the point of having two different server types?

Revanchis
11.02.2012 , 05:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
It's really tiring to hear the "solo player" ask for more MMO content geared towards them, as if anything at all should be catered towards the solo player; as if the player who only likes to solo has any right to demand anything in a game specifically tailored to be a massive multiplayer online experience.

Every aspect of an MMO should encourage meaningful player interaction. Every. Aspect. That's what (should) define a (good) MMO. That's why we call these games MMOGs, and not "multiplayer-supported single player games."

-Macheath.
It's comments like that that make me wish this were KotOR 3. Then all the MMO players could stick to their online games, and I could just enjoy my epic Bioware story in peace.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chiltonium View Post
Im confused.

Did the OP just request to be able to use 3 companions in a flashpoint so he could solo it?

>.>

Xbox, PS3, Wii-U, I think these are what you're looking for.
Sadly, KotOR 3 doesn't exist for those systems, but if it did you can bet I'd be all over it. Also you might be shocked to hear, but the PC also has lots of singleplayer games. In fact, most of the single player games for those systems are also on the PC. All the Bioware games can be gotten on the PC, and all the recent ones can be grabbed on Steam easily, minus the really recent ones published by EA.

I'd like to see this feature, especially if they add some inter-companion dialogue. Where the companions talk amongst themselves, it would help make it feel like an actual team.

Revan-the-knight
11.02.2012 , 05:15 AM | #18
Id rather have Specific Companion Flashpoints where its you and your entire crew with unique rewards, maybe companion specific gear? instead of having "solo mode" for existing flashpoints
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

Lord_of_Mu
11.02.2012 , 05:15 AM | #19
I've already used my tanking companion in several flash points after the tank/s left due to their severe lack of tanking gear. Pvp gear and less health than the healer doesn't get you a very far in hardmode flash points.

Using my tank pet works well for the most part, it's really about the same as playing a hunter in WoW. Except I'm healing instead of dpsing.

As for using my companion to tank all hardmode flashpoints full time. The controls and AI might need some adjustments. Right now I can't order my companion to reposition to X location while tanking Y mob. Changing the direction of facing is also a pain.

Nilmot
11.02.2012 , 05:38 AM | #20
This would be fun and interesting. Everyone yelling DERR THIS IS MMO YOU GROUP CAUZE MMO MEANS MULTIPLE AND ONLINE SEE ITS IN THE LETTERS is making a useless arguement.