Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meet the Developers: Hall Hood

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Meet the Developers: Hall Hood
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Petnil
11.02.2012 , 08:18 PM | #51
Any chance we´ll get daily class quests and companonquests ? Make about 5 quests for each class and let us get one random each day. Make each quest a small 3step chain. Also give each companion 1 quest and let us have 1 random each day. Add a quest if you romanced a companon. I know it´s a lot of writing, but i just hate the fact that our beloved companions go completely silent at endgame.
I would also like to hear from general Garza from time to time on my trooper. She wouldn´t leave me alone for one sec while leveling, and now Garza´s totally forgot about me.

Events are they a onetime only thing or will they be back ? I´m thinking f.x. the ragghoul event could be made a yearly event.

Any chance that we will see some phasing some day. Could be a planet where we had a questline to build a base, clear the area for enemies/wildlife get resourses and what not and when the questline are done we will get a finished base.

THorsblood
11.03.2012 , 02:54 AM | #52
When are we getting SGR's? I'v been waiting since they announced it was coming post launch! That was last year!?!?

"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow

Uluain
11.03.2012 , 12:18 PM | #53
As a game developer, how much of a say do you have over what you can talk to the player community about? Do you ever get frustrated by such restrictions?

DudeSweat
11.03.2012 , 04:29 PM | #54
I love these articles that cover the behind the scenes people. It makes the game experience better for me.

Thanks a ton
!

Sirgregor - Juggernaut; Cyclonas - Powertech; Danimus - Assassin; Phineas - Operative; Abracadaniel - Sorcerer; Oberyn-martell - Sentinel; Fratelli - Commando; N'gorso - Shadow; Stevie-ray - Gunslinger; Huma-kavala - Sage

Thaed
11.03.2012 , 06:39 PM | #55
Hi Mr Hood,

SW:TOR is a game that is, supposedly, all about choice. I'll admit, the choices presented and the consequences for these choices are certainly of a higher quality than any other MMO and, indeed, some single player games. However, I can't help but feel some of the choice has eemingly little impact.

Admittedly, I haven't played through the same class twice with different choices to see the end results, but, well, Youtube exists. It seems that choices have no significant impact on the missions that you partake in throughout the rest of the game; for example, an Agent that chooses to side with
Spoiler
There is some change within the dialogue, but not what we actually do.

More agent spoilers below:

Spoiler

Again, entirely hypothetical scenarios and I've no wish for an answer with spoilers. What I really want to know is, will our major choices throughout the game result in dramatically different stories in the next story update, or will our choices continue to simply alter the fluff dialogue that we get when we're all given the same missions as our class brethren?

Love,

Thaed.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

darth-simon
11.04.2012 , 07:41 AM | #56
Any word on achievement including datacrons going legacy wide?

Baptes
11.04.2012 , 09:44 AM | #57
Is there any information you could possibly give us on SGRAs? I'm not talking spoilers here, I'm asking about very broad basic general functionality as to the how it will be implemented.

That is assuming it still will be, considering it is hard to know what is going on when you guys stay absolutely disturbingly silent for no apparent reason.

And if there is some arcane byzantine reason, I for one would like to know just what on earth that reason is?

markcymru
11.04.2012 , 12:05 PM | #58
I too would like to know when SGRs are coming. I have been waiting to enjoy the romance writing, but after 6 toons I still haven't been able to.

Kyrra_T
11.05.2012 , 07:48 AM | #59
OOh ooh someone who understands the Doc storyline. I must know. What is it, in your opinion, that gets you started with Doc? I completely understand why I love him later on in the storyline, he's such an adorable dork, but in the beginning I find it baffling that my female Jedi finds him anything but creepy. H'es also one of the companions I am simply incapable of writing about in my fanfics, I just can't get past not understanding him. Anything at all would be great to help out in understanding.

Ky'arra Thistle, 41 Jedi Sentinel, Branwenne Thistle, 50 Trooper, Commando, A'iofe Thistle, 47 Sith Sorecerer, Khi'hira Thistle, 37 Mercenary Bounty hunter, Ci'ir'a Thistle, 26 Imperial Agent Sniper, Kheari Thistle, 25 Trooper Vanguard, Khearra Thistle, 33 Smuggler Scoundrel.
The Thistle Legacy on The Harbringer

Inzuher
11.05.2012 , 07:51 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Actually, I think it would be interesting to have "more" world story in as much as you are given more quests and more quests lines which complete the goal of your faction's purpose of being on the planet. Kind of like the bonus series', but running concurrently and they take different angles to 'same' end results - they could of course be based around how the archetypes work. A lot of Stih players have complained about doing the jobs of lesser Imperials, so why not have the planet story take into account your standing as amazing Darth McShootLightning and have a different style of story to what the Bounty Hunters and Agents would have?
This could be interesting. However, if you are to develop 4 different views on each quest you might as well just add 4 seperat class stories.
The colors on the Malgus is wrong. Have a look at Malgus. Now look at the set.