Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[SOLUTION] Stuck at Loading Screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[SOLUTION] Stuck at Loading Screen

Taystee
12.19.2011 , 10:25 PM | #1
Solution:

Code:
Clean up your files.

1. Download CCleaner.
2. Analyze and Clean all files.
3. Scan Registry and fix.

Defrag your Disks

1. Open Disk Defragmenter (Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Defragmenter)
2. Analyze and Defrag Disks

*Note: Run everything as Administrator.
This is how I fixed mine, and it also gets rid of any lag you may have had before.

-Tasty from the Crucible Pits

Corvenik
12.19.2011 , 10:32 PM | #2
weird :P i was stuck at loading screen and i just got a brand new computer started it installed ToR and had the problem..alt tabing and going back unfroze me, ill try that if it persist though

ryanrr
12.19.2011 , 10:34 PM | #3
I think CCleaner has more to do with a fix than defragging to be honest.
Oh no!! No gearscore or DPS meters... Leave your hate, elitism, ego and 'virtual' self-worth in Azeroth.

xjerane
12.19.2011 , 10:37 PM | #4
Strangely enough, I found a solution in the original really long topic that sounded really farfetched, but it worked: Create a new Windows user account. I'm dead serious, not trolling or any crap like that. Control Panel-->User Accounts-->New Account or something along those lines.
Logged in without any issue on the new account... Strange eh? Lots of strange things with this game so far, despite being ridiculously fun!

P.S. I tried your suggestion yesterday when I was having the issue, didn't help. Though I do it on a regular basis anyway. Glad to hear it fixed it for you though!

Taystee
12.19.2011 , 10:37 PM | #5
A temporary fix:

Code:
1. Press Alt-Z when stuck at Loading Screen. (This will bring the ingame UI over the loading screen)
2. Press the Log Out button (Immediate).

* This will bring you to the character select screen. Relog, and the loading screen will load fine.
This is only a temporary fix, and it WILL happen again.

It is easier to just fix the main problem instead of find ways around it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Corvenik View Post
weird :P i was stuck at loading screen and i just got a brand new computer started it installed ToR and had the problem..alt tabing and going back unfroze me, ill try that if it persist though

What you experienced was probably just a little bit of lag. Sometimes the loading screen is just slow. It happens to everyone.

xjerane
12.19.2011 , 10:40 PM | #6
Amazingly, it wasn't. I pressed Alt+z as well and could see my UI... and my friend told me I had appeared online.

EDIT: Well, the defrag and Ccleaner are a good idea regardless of the stuck loading screen. Keep your comp in tip top shape!

Taystee
12.19.2011 , 10:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by xjerane View Post
Strangely enough, I found a solution in the original really long topic that sounded really farfetched, but it worked: Create a new Windows user account. I'm dead serious, not trolling or any crap like that. Control Panel-->User Accounts-->New Account or something along those lines.
Logged in without any issue on the new account... Strange eh? Lots of strange things with this game so far, despite being ridiculously fun!

P.S. I tried your suggestion yesterday when I was having the issue, didn't help. Though I do it on a regular basis anyway. Glad to hear it fixed it for you though!
I heard this has worked for some people as well. It did not work for me though.

I heard it has to be an Administrator account.

Quote: Originally Posted by xjerane View Post
Amazingly, it wasn't. I pressed Alt+z as well and could see my UI... and my friend told me I had appeared online.

EDIT: Well, the defrag and Ccleaner are a good idea regardless of the stuck loading screen. Keep your comp in tip top shape!
Sorry to hear that it did not work.

Maybe try it again when the servers are actually up.

Or maybe the above quote will work for you too?