Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hazzomar
01.30.2013 , 09:08 PM | #931
1. The Shadowlands
2. Trueprecision....i only tried to log in with this one toon, i have eleven on this server, but everytime i logged in with trueprecision, i got crashed to loading screen almost immediately
3.the first crash took 5 minutes then the second crash 3 minutes , and the third crash was less than a minute after i logged in.
4. I was selling items on the GTN on the republic fleet

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
6. The 3 crashes i experienced, were crashes to a never ending swtor load screen, wich ended up saying,"swtor has stopped working, find a solution or exit to desktop" so i exited to desktop
Prayer, Meditation, and Reading are key.

-Bob-
01.30.2013 , 09:33 PM | #932
I wonder if it has to do with the VM-ware they use for their servers?
I've heard bad things about VM-ware since launch from several different people.

Agliv
01.30.2013 , 09:41 PM | #933
Name of server. Jung Ma

Name of character(s) affected: All characters (odig'agliv, emma-gee, cheater, ryst'agliv, etc)

Frequency of crashing Ė at least 23 crashes, all within 1-5 mins of logging in. Disconnects then crashes in loading screen. Must ctrl-alt-del to kill program.

Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. nothing unusual with the ISP.
[*]Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler
[*]Your reliability report in spoiler tags
  • For Windows 7 / Vista:
    Spoiler

• Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.
Definitely a crash to desktop

TalonBenhart
01.30.2013 , 09:47 PM | #934
still not fixed?

Nikopole
01.30.2013 , 10:03 PM | #935
The latency on Cogent segment is 200ms alone. Way to high.

Nikopole
01.30.2013 , 10:06 PM | #936
Just tested 11:00 pm EST

11 154.54.80.209 te8-1.ccr01.phx02.atlas.cogentco.com 285 ms

krzykris
01.30.2013 , 10:43 PM | #937
Mine seems to have been fixed since around 10:00 PM. Ran 3 pvp matches and a FP w/o any d/c's.

DarrinT
01.30.2013 , 11:00 PM | #938
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonBenhart View Post
keep in mind everyone that even your "cable" uses satelite. same goes for the people providing you this game. so weather DOES affect it.
You couldn't be more wrong. That is just an absurd statement. Yes, Comcast DOES use satellites to get television channels; however, they use REAL Satellite dishes and have way better technology than those China woks that Dish and Direct TV use. Cable internet is brought to your home and to and from the ISP's via Fiber optics. Ha, Satellites... too funny. BTW, even my television channels are crystal clear in the harshest of winter storms here in Chicago, IL. roflmao
(Donít get me wrong, I hate Comcast. But, I hate it even more when people speak as if they know all the facts, when in fact, they do not; thus creating wide spread ignorance.)

Phyltr
01.31.2013 , 01:12 AM | #939
Quote: Originally Posted by DarrinT View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. That is just an absurd statement. Yes, Comcast DOES use satellites to get television channels; however, they use REAL Satellite dishes and have way better technology than those China woks that Dish and Direct TV use. Cable internet is brought to your home and to and from the ISP's via Fiber optics. Ha, Satellites... too funny. BTW, even my television channels are crystal clear in the harshest of winter storms here in Chicago, IL. roflmao
(Donít get me wrong, I hate Comcast. But, I hate it even more when people speak as if they know all the facts, when in fact, they do not; thus creating wide spread ignorance.)
Haha imagine how much latency the Internet would have if it did go off satellites. MMO's wouldn't exist. We tried out satellites for some remote offices and it was ridiculous.

rengofet
01.31.2013 , 07:58 AM | #940
was having the issues yesterday with after playing for 20/30 seconds there would be server lag then go to loading screen freeze, played on a european server then for 2 hours and no problem.
logged in this morning onto the ebon hawk server and played for an hour, no problems
RENGO:MEMBER
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread