Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dmonger
01.30.2013 , 07:43 PM | #911
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonBenhart View Post
keep in mind everyone that even your "cable" uses satelite. same goes for the people providing you this game. so weather DOES affect it.
For TV Channels only, most of WWW traffic is on SONET networks owned by AT&T, Sprint + MCI, Comcast, and other major Tier-! service Provider. Only fraction os WWW traffic hits Satellite as there is no other means of connection.

dblod
01.30.2013 , 07:46 PM | #912
Can SWTOR keep us on the loop??

Bran-Don
01.30.2013 , 07:46 PM | #913
Name of server: Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected: all
Frequency of crashing - Occurred around 10-15 times this afternoon.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: This occurred while on the fleet and on DK. Latency would slow to a crawl, would lose "connection bars" and would crash to non-standard loading screen which would be at ~20% loaded with no further progress over time. My time before the crash with each log-on was anywhere from 1-10 minutes, with the average being about 2. I inquired, and many others on the server were having similar issues.

I created a new character on a different (West Coast) server and had no issues or problems. When I inquired, no one else on that particular server was having any issues like the one above. I was able to play for 30 minutes or so uninterrupted.

TalonBenhart
01.30.2013 , 07:47 PM | #914
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmonger View Post
For TV Channels only, most of WWW traffic is on SONET networks owned by AT&T, Sprint + MCI, Comcast, and other major Tier-! service Provider. Only fraction os WWW traffic hits Satellite as there is no other means of connection.
call comcast. there internet and television are delivered to the local area by satelite and then distributed by cable.

Kaze-Yama
01.30.2013 , 07:54 PM | #915
1. Prophecy of the five
2. Kazeyama is my main but it effects all characters regardless
3. crashes after prolonged play sessions of more than 2 hours but seems to vary
4. seems to crash more frequently and sooner if I load more zones/areas such as changing planets or switch characters

Spoiler

Spoiler

SwiftDuck
01.30.2013 , 07:58 PM | #916
Quote: Originally Posted by Bran-Don View Post
Name of server: Jedi Covenant
Frequency of crashing - Occurred around 10-15 times this afternoon.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: This occurred while on the fleet and on DK. Latency would slow to a crawl, would lose "connection bars" and would crash to non-standard loading screen which would be at ~20% loaded with no further progress over time. My time before the crash with each log-on was anywhere from 1-10 minutes, with the average being about 2. I inquired, and many others on the server were having similar issues.

I created a new character on a different (West Coast) server and had no issues or problems. When I inquired, no one else on that particular server was having any issues like the one above. I was able to play for 30 minutes or so uninterrupted.

Exactly what's been happening to me. crashed about 30 times. No joke. Each within 1-3 minutes on average
no problems on the west coast server. played for about 40 minues with no issues. Not even a spike, just the expected higher latency than normal.

DarrinT
01.30.2013 , 08:02 PM | #917
1. Name of server. Jedi Covenant

2. Name of character(s) affected. All

3. Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?

Game went to Load Screen and Hung there three times today.

4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.

The first was from Character Select screen, the other two happened while I was logged into my character. It seems to crash to an infinite load screen that hangs @ ~20%, after about one minute being logged into my account.

5. My DXDiag

Spoiler

6. My reliability reports For Windows 7:

There were no Reliability reports for today's events; however, here are a couple recent ones.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

On the three occasions today (01/30/2013) these incidents crashed to a load screen that hangs @ ~20%.

The above "reliability reports" in spoiler tags, were indeed crashes to the desktop and are irrelevant to today's issues. They have been posted for you review of issues on those days (and may have been caused by using TeamSpeak without "Admin Mode" selected).

Today’s issues produced no error reports, likely because the game did not technically crash, it just keeps going to a loading screen and then hangs there indefinitely until I use control panel to force the game closed.

DarkDoz
01.30.2013 , 08:09 PM | #918
1. Server Prophecy of the five
2. All Character
3. Crash to desktop 2x 1/30/2013 Standing while bringing up a companion , while going to black hole daily
4. 560Ti with latest driver 310.90
Come on man

Mabutod
01.30.2013 , 08:19 PM | #919
Server: Jedi Covenant
Character: Materius

I can log onto my character for about 5minutes max. Then I get the SWTOR loading screen and nothing. Have to shutdown the game to unfreeze it.

nsgrizzzly
01.30.2013 , 08:21 PM | #920
Name of server: The Shadowlands
Frequency of crashing - all 4 times I logged in and started playing
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: Happened with one character on fleet, twice on Nar, once on Corellia. All characters loaded in fine, but when I started moving them around they froze up, then got booted to a random load screen (random every time) and locked up. Had to Ctrl-Alt-Del and shut down the game from task manager.
I know it may not be your fault directly, but very disappointed none the less, especially as a subscriber since launch. :S Hopefully you will have a solution soon.