Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RustedAngel
11.18.2012 , 02:00 PM | #81
Server: The Shadowlands
Characters: All

Been crashing about every 1.5 hours, most of the time I don't get a crash entry in the event viewer, I'm not sure why.
There isn't anything specific about what I'm doing in game when I crash.

Spoiler

Also since 1.5 the launcher is crashing after I get a crash to desktop (with no error entry in the event viewer).
Spoiler

These are most definitely Crash to Desktop not server D/C.

Update:
Crashed just standing around the Republic Fleet chatting.
Spoiler
"No other object has been misidentified as a flying saucer more often than the planet Venus..."
X-Files Ep: 3x20 - Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'

Amuntet
11.18.2012 , 02:24 PM | #82
1) The Harbinger
2) All characters (Amuntet, Ammot, Set'esh, Utukku, Nekmeth, Kaasekh, Zaeboim)
3) About every 2 hours since 1.4 went live.
4) Crashes started when the 1.4 client update was applied. Has happened every ~2 hours since then. Every day. All day. I could be walking around in game, or completely afk, and the client will crash to desktop.
5) DxDiag
Spoiler

6) Reliability report.
There are no events listed for Star Wars* or swtor.exe.

7) Yes, these are all crashes to the desktop, not disconnects.

MoldyDaBear
11.18.2012 , 03:36 PM | #83
Name of server: Ebon Hawk

Name of character(s) affected: All

Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? 5-6 per day, thought it might of been me using 32bit win 7 with 16 gig ram, trying out x64 bit win 7 ultimate pro, no crashes in last 12 hours since OS change, but new problem has happened (cant run game with newest video drivers for Nvidia 9800 GX2 (brand new, installed it two days before OS install), using standard windows drivers is fine.)

Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. game will stutter like it has run out of usable ram or is lagging right before a crash

Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select. this is a complete system crash, sometimes requires me to uninstall video driver in safe mode and then reinstall driver to get it back up

DarakDJC
11.18.2012 , 04:16 PM | #84
1) The Bastion
2) Hannin (only toon I've played recently)
3) Crashes to desktop every time I play since 1.5, much worse than in 1.4. Seems to crash within 1-3 min of logging into my toon or just randomly every 10-15 min.
4) I notice the problem is worse when I run the client as an administrator so that I can use Vent. No other triggers identified. Seems to happen frequently when I've been standing still for a few seconds or minutes. As soon as I look around or start to move the screen freezes and then CTD.

This is a serious problem. The content has never been better, the choices available in the game with the Cartel Market are fantastic, but my game experience has never been worse. Time to finally open up Halo 4 and Skyrim....
Hello, my name is Darak. I'm an alt-aholic...

Satyaki
11.18.2012 , 05:45 PM | #85
I know yo are looking for informaton on why it is crashing, however, I am unable to even log in long enough to see any character information. Each time I go to select character the game will load and than go back to the desktop as if I had closed the game. Is there any other information on this other than just gathering information?

JayMatt
11.18.2012 , 06:05 PM | #86
Do they even read this thread? BioWare doesn't even respond to my e-mails. My first shot at an MMO and this experience has been terrible, only regret I have is that I had subbed and gave money to these incompetent devs. Going to cancel this and maybe try out Guild Wars, should have listened to my friends and never started on this game

Isheda
11.18.2012 , 06:25 PM | #87
dont need anything my mate just asked me to see if it is working

zorprimus
11.18.2012 , 06:47 PM | #88
Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected.: Ichimaru, Narmu, Aiizen, Visk, Riber
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? One every hour or two.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Anything at this point triggers, lost track of examples. Lets go with all of the above.
Your DXDiag:
Spoiler

Reliability Report:
Spoiler
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

joshbyrd
11.18.2012 , 07:07 PM | #89
Server: the Harbinger
Character affected: Anakhar
crash happens every time i try to access the ship "Carida" as part of the consular story in chapter 1. i can go anywhere else, just not to the Carida

Spoiler

Reliability Report
Spoiler

this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a server disconnect

zorprimus
11.18.2012 , 09:11 PM | #90
Gonna post as many times as I crash in 24 hours...granted I mean game time...

Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected.: Ichimaru, Narmu, Aiizen, Visk, Riber
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? One every hour or two.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Anything at this point triggers, lost track of examples. Lets go with all of the above.

DxDiag:
Spoiler

Reliability:

Spoiler
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.