Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EezoHoney
01.30.2013 , 05:17 PM | #861
I concur with Spanishboi, I have a massive memory spike from swtor when the game freezes. My connection goes from 5 bars to a red dot, then red x. then a loading page that never moves.

bobbytwoshoes
01.30.2013 , 05:18 PM | #862
I would really love it if Bioware can keep us in the loop about what is going on

Aluriam
01.30.2013 , 05:20 PM | #863
Why would they tell us what is going on? That would be some kind of customer service that would make paying customers happy. Why would they possibly want to do that.

Kubre
01.30.2013 , 05:21 PM | #864
I have been getting disconnected several times the last few days. Twice already today in less than 30min of game time. and the exact same time a guildie of mine was as well
1 Shadowlands.
2 So far Gundini
3 so far 2 in less than 30 mnutes
4. AlI did was login and was trying to go my next point on quest line

Drew_Braxton
01.30.2013 , 05:40 PM | #865
Never had a problem until tonight. Star Trek online is working fine and not crashing or disconnecting.

Name of server. The Shadowlands
Name of character(s) affected. All
Frequency of crashing 4 times within 1 to 5 minutes of logging into swtor
provider: comcast
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
Spoiler

Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select. Get a red X where normal latency bars are then it exits to the load screen at 15 - 20% progress and stays there.

Spoiler
Mains: Braaxton (pub) / Noomo (Imp) The Shadowlands
Characters: 35 level 70's, 2 level 30's
Achievement Count: 53,520
Decoration Prestige: 380,882 (761,764) Enjin Page

TRyujin
01.30.2013 , 05:42 PM | #866
Character: Thavius
Server: Jung Ma
Number of times being disconnected: 15 today alone. NO matter what i am doing of where I am at. lag latency goes through the roof and then without fail DC and left at a loading screen for eternity. Last one I got in only to see my character for about 3 seconds.

No matter what character No matter what server. I can not stay connected to the game servers for more then a few moments. I have checked everything from router, modem, Firewall, windows updates, drivers etc... I even called my ISP. You name it , I have more then likely gone over it on my end. The issue seems to be on the server side of things. I do appreciate there efforts but come on already. Drop the serves rebooted them and stop asking people to send you information that likely will not help you. It just gets people frustrated, granted it gives them a shred of hope as they think hey maybe this will help. But it does not take a rocket scientist to see with this many people having the issue it is not likely the issue is on the "user's" end. Be honest with your customers and stop treating us like 4th graders. Tell us you don't know what's up and then considering compensating those of us who pay to play this game. Your customers are getting fed-up.

Giggashadow
01.30.2013 , 05:47 PM | #867
For the last 4 hours or so:

Prophecy of 5
Yzet'nom
Comcast
Indianapolis, IN

IF IF IF i get past the loading screen (after character selection) I log in and play for about 1-2 minutes and then Get a red X where normal latency bars are then it exits to the load screen at 15 - 20% progress and stays there.
**Universal Disclaimer** -I don't endorse any views or opinions expressed by this post-

Spanishboi
01.30.2013 , 05:53 PM | #868
I spent about 32 minutes waiting for customer service on the phone, then after explaining my 9000 and 4001 error codes, that I only experienced today. Customer Service directed me to here and post. They told me they are waiting for their Techs to tell them what to tell us......Basically Bioware has an idea of what the problem is and is not correcting it or they have completely messed things up! I am going to make a F2P account and see if the problem is with subs, if not I will be quitting this game after playing it since launch! Sad day when Bioware has over 87 pages of people with this issue.

bamdle
01.30.2013 , 06:01 PM | #869
Jedi Covenant
ISP Comcast
Location Central Illinois

Several latency spikes today causing crash to load screen. Stuck to the point of having to force close program. Both Imp and rep sides and no matter what i am doing in game.

Sthria
01.30.2013 , 06:01 PM | #870
Quote: Originally Posted by Spanishboi View Post
I spent about 32 minutes waiting for customer service on the phone, then after explaining my 9000 and 4001 error codes, that I only experienced today. Customer Service directed me to here and post. They told me they are waiting for their Techs to tell them what to tell us......Basically Bioware has an idea of what the problem is and is not correcting it or they have completely messed things up! I am going to make a F2P account and see if the problem is with subs, if not I will be quitting this game after playing it since launch! Sad day when Bioware has over 87 pages of people with this issue.
I made a F2P account and it does the same thing, I am getting booted about every 3 mins, since 1 pm CST on 1/30/2013
Rift- AkA - Tess Phyreforge of Keenblade
UO- AKA- Tess FireForge of Lake Superior