Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fadereaper
01.30.2013 , 04:45 PM | #851
Ok so this issue is not simply myself and I can see many people having the same problem and we all understand that now, but alas the biggest issue is we have no means to fix this that are available yet and when people have tried CS to inquire how to fix it they have no solution either. If anyone has an alternate method that has success in fixing the problem I would be most grateful to see what I can do so I can play again.

RavenHutch
01.30.2013 , 04:46 PM | #852
What kinda of free stuff are we getting for not being able to play today . i have played everyday starting 1.15.11 cant play to day just dc to load screen and never gets past it oh i get in for like 60 sec or so but that it can not make in game ticket or anything dont call them have been on hold for like 2 *********** hours

dajedimaster
01.30.2013 , 04:47 PM | #853
1.Name of server: Proficy of the Five
2.Name of character(s) affected: Malagarr, Angrin
3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?: after loading up the game will be fine for a few mins ill start to get high latency then a red x and then it goes to a load screen that never loads and have to close the game and restart and it keeps happening just started today when i first logged in at about 2pm pst and been happening for the last hour
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: I am in the fleet talking to people in my guild
5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

dragonkingdeath
01.30.2013 , 04:55 PM | #854
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Hello everyone,

We are still actively investigating reports about consistent crashing to desktop during your game play, please reply to this thread with the following information:
  1. Name of server.
  2. Name of character(s) affected.
  3. Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? all day
  4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
  5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
    Spoiler
  6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags
    • For Windows 7 / Vista:
      Spoiler
    • For Windows XP:
      Spoiler
  7. Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

In an effort to keep your data organized and easy to read, please respond to the questions above in the same format!
Thanks.
1)Jedi Covenant
2) all characters
3) all day every 5 min and been trying for 4 hours

Skylerjohn
01.30.2013 , 05:03 PM | #855
1)Prophecy of the 5
2)soul'jacket
3)every 5 minutes or so from the time i log in...when im running its like i hit an invisible wall, i can then back up and run anywhere but the the DoT latency bioware casts on me starts to tick...5k initial latency and 1k every second till about 20k latency then loadings screen till it hits about 25% then stops and no progress ever...infinate loading screen

Spanishboi
01.30.2013 , 05:07 PM | #856
1. The Shadowlands.
2. Morbidkisser, All characters.
3. I crash about once every 2 hours. Sometimes 3-4 after logging in to a toon.
4. if I stay in one zone/planet. However, standing still, opening mailboxes/vaults, especially zoning from toons/zones are the major causes.

These are crashes to the desktop. Memory surge seems to be the trigger here. I have experienced this since 1.4. I just had my first error code 9000/4001 today and cannot log into the game at all now! Nothing has changed on my end. All I get is an empty server screen then crash to desktop.

kylewhalon
01.30.2013 , 05:11 PM | #857
1. Jedi covenant
2. All characters
3. Everytime i try to play
4. I log in and within a minute I'm unable to run forward, like a force field is preventing me from moving forward, but i can still back up but cant move forward again... then the game freezes and i get kicked to a loading screen that loads about a quarter of the way but then never moves again... its been happening all day and its really starting to irritate me... todays my day off and i just bought a subscription to this game after playing for free and was planning on drowning myself in it for the whole day... now i have to sit and watch a stupid girl movie with my gf... not too happy

Desamatus
01.30.2013 , 05:11 PM | #858
Crashes to desktop after completing Flashpoint. Right after a destination is picked either Imperial Fleet or Kass. Darkside

Aluriam
01.30.2013 , 05:17 PM | #859
Free 2 Play accounts work PERFECT. Just tried it. Have it logged in currently on same computer that "crashes."

This is complete and utter BS from Bioware.

BBB report is being submitted and I hope everyone on here bad mouths bioware.

tendura
01.30.2013 , 05:17 PM | #860
Just a question to BW. I would think after 859 post of data to investigate that ya'll would have figured out the problem by now. All I see is smoke blowing.... and yes, I have the same problem. Anyways, good luck on fixing this sometime this year.