Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FlowPow
01.30.2013 , 04:23 PM | #841
1. Jedi Covenant
2. Darkflower, Xin'dra, I didn't try my other characters.
3. Every 15 seconds or something. So I can't play at the moment.
It jumps to loadingscreen.
4.Walking, shooting, looting,fighting, when I want to dismount, open a conversation or nothing.

Ybialdan
01.30.2013 , 04:27 PM | #842
Server: Prophecy of Five

Republic or Empire side any character, logon and after 40-60 secondss crash to loading screen and then nothing!
Tired like 20 times, please get this fixed.

East Bay, California
Ybialdan:

ohiojediknight
01.30.2013 , 04:28 PM | #843
1. The Shadowlands
2. 3 of 9 characters attempted
3. 2-3 minutes crashing to a loading screen and staying there
4. doing nothing in paticular just normal things fleet, ship, walking, GTN
Spoiler

Spoiler

TalonBenhart
01.30.2013 , 04:29 PM | #844
Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected. Oba Mur(only one I've played today)
Frequency of crashing – Consistant. space missions or just chatting
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, It doesnt matter what I'm doing I just lose all connection and it crashes. It won't even fully crash it just locks up at about a 6th of the way through the loading screen and pretends that its still loading, but doesnt move.
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

ravenmisfit
01.30.2013 , 04:31 PM | #845
Prophacy of the five
all characters
i can at times log in and then either get a loading screen that doesn't go anywhere or get a random loading screen that kicks me to the server select screen and says error 9000. I had no problems when I was playing last ngiht form 12am till 8am cst, this all started when logged back in this afternoon at 3pm.

Kieli
01.30.2013 , 04:32 PM | #846
Quote: Originally Posted by Aortaex View Post
After I tried this I didn't have single crash for over month now, before that it was either 1.5 hour idle game crash time or crashing to desktop after every 5th or 6th loading screen usually after switching from one char to another, hope it will work for you guys as well.

To enable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista™ or Windows 7:

1 . Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2. At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072"
3. Restart the computer.
Alright, so I just tried this. The first wz queu I took made me crash. How to you revert it back? I used to be able to go 1.5-2 hours before a crash, but loading screens have been problematic. This has been going on for months now for me, but in the past few days it has gotten even worse. Every few minutes my connection turns into a red x and I crash to the desktop. I know that it isn't my internet connection because I never have any problem with teamspeak disconnecting.

blackdragonfae
01.30.2013 , 04:32 PM | #847
1. Ebon Hawk
2. Khaylar
3. When I log in, I crash 5-15 minutes after that. I cannot stay online more than 10 minutes average before being logged to a load screen that never loads, then when I have shut that down, it says "Star Wars the Old Republic has stopped working"
4. Honestly it didn't matter if I was in conversation or anything, when I realized that something messed up was happening I logged my character in and just stood there, and it still crashed.
5. I had issues getting to my reliability viewer I hope that I gave you the correct information.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Other than the game crashing to a load screen that never resolves I believe this is a crash to desktop situation. I do not get sent to the character or server select screens.

Quintz
01.30.2013 , 04:32 PM | #848
same issues as above, log in and after a minute the latency goes red and crashes

albers
01.30.2013 , 04:35 PM | #849
1.Name of server: Proficy of the Five
2.Name of character(s) affected: Zer'Brak, Zerrilix, Zeola (and all my other characters)
3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?: When ever pvping or transition into or out of group events
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: I don't know
5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

Palmei
01.30.2013 , 04:38 PM | #850
Jedi Covenant
Malgovai
crashed about 5 times of trying so far... just started today...
crashing after a few mins of game play... goes from 40ms to over 7k ms.... then lags out of server
------------------
Spoiler