Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aluriam
01.30.2013 , 03:13 PM | #831
Getting really sick of this crap. First the server consolidation was crap. The servers are too loaded down. Then the game is unstable as all get out. So tell me Bioware why in the hell I should pay $14 a month, plus your cartel coins, and game updates, if you cant get your IT dept to pull their heads out of their TaunTauns.

There are plenty of other games out there to play and more coming out all the time. You better get your stuff together. Quickly.

Dark_Lord_Anubis
01.30.2013 , 03:18 PM | #832
Ebon Hawk, Malystryxx, pretty much a crash every 5 to 30 seconds.

Wingmanbiker
01.30.2013 , 03:27 PM | #833
Name of server: Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected: All
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?: 10 times, 100% Yesterday everthing was fine. Multiple computers tested with various hardware and accounts.

Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: anything and nothing
This usually happens within minutes of loading in. One character was on his ship, others in fleet opening mailbox, or even just walking forward.

I log in and have no problems. then after a minute the bar shows I'm disconnected and it jumps to loading page. it stays at 1/4 and never moves. when i close the program i have to log back into the server just to have the same thing happen.

Sthria
01.30.2013 , 03:32 PM | #834
Sethla on Shadowland Sever..
Wed 1-30-2013
I loged in around 1pm CST and every few mins my game boots me to a loading screen and wont log back into the game or to my Char. list screen,

I had no issues in the past with game crasing and was ingame playing yesterday with no issues.
Spoiler
Rift- AkA - Tess Phyreforge of Keenblade
UO- AKA- Tess FireForge of Lake Superior

rengofet
01.30.2013 , 03:47 PM | #835
server : ebon hawk

characters : all

loads fine, then 20/30 seconds in server lag starts then it drops me to loading screen, freezes about 1/4 of the way in..

been playing on a european server for an hour now, no such problem.

paid subscriber also, get it together bioware/EA or like many others, i will be taking my hard earned money elsewhere
RENGO:MEMBER
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

ckmadness
01.30.2013 , 03:51 PM | #836
Imarezu on Jung Ma i have played fine for days and this account is a subscriber, can log in and play for a few then my MS shoots to over 20k then goes to a loading screen and doesnt move, but i can log into my free to play account on same PC with no problem, my internet and PC are fine, can play my F2P account on both computers no problem but my Sub account does same thing on both so its not a PC issue. customer support was useless said its an ongoing issue and nothing they can do.

Tibyron
01.30.2013 , 03:56 PM | #837
Same as above complaints.
Several characters DC within 30 secs to 2 mins of logging in to Prophecy of the Five server. One character was at the Space Dock, another on Hutta. Stopped trying the rest of my characters after reading this thread.

Fix the issue.

Unhappy "paying" customer

aplodiscord
01.30.2013 , 03:59 PM | #838
1. Ebon Hawk (Edit: Begeren Colony is working for me so far.)
2. All attempted
3. Within 1-2 minutes, about 5 attempts made today.
4. It seems inevitable no matter if I'm standing on the Fleet or if I'm in a questing area.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. It either boots me from the game or puts me into an indefinite loading screen that has no progress or ends the game.

Gumbytie
01.30.2013 , 04:07 PM | #839
1. The Shadowlands

2. Brath (but others as well)

3. Started at every 20 minutes or so but closing into 5-10 minute windows

4. On planet, in starship, no pattern

Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Crashes to desktop or just starts to disconnect and have to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and kill program if impatient.

FSUJL
01.30.2013 , 04:08 PM | #840
yep same here play for a couple min and pc load letter lol

ebon hawk
all toons
comcast tallahassee fl