Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kamchakan
01.24.2013 , 11:37 PM | #791
Shadowlands
All Characters
Every 2-3 hours
No definable trigger. Happens at random times

Spoiler

IAmMrXmage
01.25.2013 , 01:19 PM | #792
Shadowlands
all toons
After the FP esseles or the brental star - always just after it completes for me... really making me mad...
Spoiler

Cowboi
01.25.2013 , 01:56 PM | #793
Just tried again today after todays patch and game still crashing to desktop on final cutscene in Esseles, times it this time and seas to be after 15 seconds in the cutscene, if I escape out from the scene before then I don't seam to crash.
Latalis (EU-PVE)
Guild Officer Republic
Site - HQ - Recruitment

Cowboi
01.25.2013 , 02:14 PM | #794
Quote: Originally Posted by kitno View Post
Like many other here I've been unable to finish the Esseles (or Black Talon) flashpoints, crashing at the same point at the end of the storyline when the ship jumps to light speed. Memoryman.dll and MSVCR90.dll being the culprits. I just finished the Esseles without crashing, here's what I did step by step. I hope it works for others having this issue. I ran this solo with my companion, graphics very high, fullscreen, vsync on, native resolution 1920x1080.

This workaround should also work for Black Talon and Factory.

When you get to the point in the FP where you are crashing, simply ALT+TAB(minimize if in windowed mode) out of the game before the hyperspace animation. Wait 30 seconds, open the game back up and continue the FP.

UPDATE: After talking to Harken, immediately ALT+TAB out of the game. Wait 20-30 seconds for "jump to light speed" animation to finish. Open game back up, finish flashpoint. Or simply minimize the window if your playing windowed mode. No need to go through all of the other steps.

Spoiler

I hope this works for everyone else.

A guild mate found this thread, minimizing the window and waiting 20 seconds worked for me as well and stopped the game from crashing to windows at the final cut-scene.
Latalis (EU-PVE)
Guild Officer Republic
Site - HQ - Recruitment

BiiBaa
01.25.2013 , 05:11 PM | #795
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
A guild mate found this thread, minimizing the window and waiting 20 seconds worked for me as well and stopped the game from crashing to windows at the final cut-scene.
It work for me to !!!
And i didn´t need to get to lowest graphic it work at best graphic and i was able ti finish it to!...Nice work

jaykouki
01.25.2013 , 11:38 PM | #796
1. Dalborra

2. jaykouki , jaydkouki , jaydenkouki

3. Everytime at the end of first flashpoint for republic and empire.

4. With the republic On flashpoint the esseles It crashes during the final cutscene with commander Hawkin and exits game and goes to desktop, I cannot finish it unless I have my group continue the cutscene wait for me to log back in and we click the console to travel back to fleet or coruscant.
~ my Empire characters It exits at end of flashpoint Dark Talon when choosing destination.

5. DXDiag
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Exits the whole game and windows says game shuts down and has the send error report or don't send.

-Bob-
01.26.2013 , 12:37 AM | #797
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
Glad it worked for you, but it is a work around for your specific situation and won't apply to everyone, but hopefully Bioware at least addresses this issue and acknowledges this is a problem they are working on. It's not right for any of us to lose game time that we pay for without compensation. If my electricity went out for a period of time i would not expect to get charged for it.

Kendah
01.26.2013 , 02:55 AM | #798
Name of server: The Red Eclipse
Name of character(s) affected. (Flashpoint) Any character attempting to leave Black Talon at the end of the mission.
Frequency of crashing: (FlashPoint) Every time when attempt to leaving Black Talon at the end of the mission.

DxDiag
Spoiler

Reliabilit Report
Spoiler

It is a crash to desktop and not disconnection issue.

BiiBaa
01.26.2013 , 06:31 AM | #799
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
Glad it worked for you, but it is a work around for your specific situation and won't apply to everyone, but hopefully Bioware at least addresses this issue and acknowledges this is a problem they are working on. It's not right for any of us to lose game time that we pay for without compensation. If my electricity went out for a period of time i would not expect to get charged for it.
Yeah, but BioWare prob know about this issue...i just hope they can say something like "Yes, we are working on this issue"
Or maybe I have misse something? All i seen is that they are trying to fix cartel shop and other fp...

Obi_Tawn
01.26.2013 , 07:36 AM | #800
Name of server. Red Eclipse
Name of character(s) affected. All
Frequency of crashing : Everytime i try to complete the flashpoint The Black Tallon or the Esseles
Any potentially helpful information about crash : While the jumping to hyperspace sequence is in progress
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

Spoiler