Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

_blackdestiny_
01.16.2013 , 01:59 PM | #721
Quote: Originally Posted by ouig View Post
yeah i sent mine to them aswell and all i got back was an email with some link that still didnt work
I still have no answer

ouig
01.16.2013 , 04:49 PM | #722
Quote: Originally Posted by _blackdestiny_ View Post
I still have no answer
Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

We are sorry to hear of the technical problem you have encountered with Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
Below we’ve provided some links to articles on our website Help Center that you may find useful when trying to resolve any technical issues.

If you are having problems patching or launching the game, please visit our Launcher Troubleshooting Guide at http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5260 and follow the steps outlined in the guide. The majority of patching and stability issues can be resolved using this resource.

If you’re having problems with graphics in the game, please make sure that Windows, your Direct X installation and your graphics card drivers are all up to date. Restart your system to apply updates if you need to, and then check this article for information which may help to improve your framerate: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/4584

If your computer is crashing or freezing when running the game, there may be a problem with RAM or the hard drive in your system. To check these, please follow the instructions laid out here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5259 (the advanced checks for launcher issues also apply to crashes and freezing, as they stem from the same source).

We’re continually working to improve the performance of Star Wars: The Old Republic across a broad range of hardware, and while we cannot give you a specific date for when performance is likely to improve on your specific system, we’d like to assure you that our developers are working to diagnose and patch memory issues that lead to freezing and crashes.

If you have experienced crashes to desktop on your system, you can assist the team by visiting this forum thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...64#post5354364 and providing the information requested in the first post. The thread will be updated with information about upcoming patches that may resolve performance issues, as soon as that information becomes available.

Once again, our thanks for bearing with us as we work on further optimizations, and our apologies for any performance issues that may have inconvenienced you.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Galactic Support is our Specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0 (aka Mark).
Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

that was the email i got back from then and it was no help i wouldnt be bothed but i got a new computer so i could play the game and the only way i can is by uninstalling it and reinstalling it and that will only that me play for a couple of hours then it will crash and wont work it suck what they need to do is stop pissing about with the cartel market and look at the forum and fix the game they do that and i will come back to the game without a second thought

_blackdestiny_
01.16.2013 , 06:34 PM | #723
ouig,

I was able to start the game by creating new windows user and starting it with that user....... however I don't think this is a viable solution to the problem since I loose all my setting just to be able to play the game

sithreapez
01.16.2013 , 07:23 PM | #724
1/ Red Eclipse
2/ all my chars
2/once every 2 hrs or so
3/no reason happens no matter what im doing weither its pvp or flashpoints or questing
Spoiler

Spoiler

This is a full crash back to the destop screen

JoJoCarr
01.16.2013 , 07:28 PM | #725
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Hi JoJoCarr,

Just thought i would mention you will benefit going to 64bit OS, not saying this as it will stop your crashes (it should) but for the fact you have 9 gb of ram installed (this is a really odd number by the way, faulty stick ?) , also for some reason you only have 2gb available memory (odd as well) normally this should be about 3.5Gb available.

Memory: 9216MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2040MB RAM

Your ram is going to waste

The below link explains physical memory limits scroll down to windows 7
32bit - limit 4Gb
64bit - Limit 192Gb
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...78(VS.85).aspx
Reply: I think thats the problem, because I used to have a 64-bit system and I could run SWTOR at the highest settings and have no lag or crashing, but then something bad happend to my PC so i reinstalled it and used 32-bit and didnt know so thats why I'm having all these problems. But anyways thanks, I'm gunna go reinstall my system to use 64-bit once i find the CD lol.
Tezifo Wola of Starsider-SWG

hutcjo
01.16.2013 , 08:45 PM | #726
All characters - Kerrìgan,etc
Server: Prophecy of the Five
Crashes about every hour to every two hours
typically the crash will happen when I am queued for a flashpoint and I engage in a conversation with an npc.
Code:
Description
Faulting Application Path:	C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
Application Name:	swtor.exe
Application Version:	1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:	50ef7839
Fault Module Name:	KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version:	6.1.7600.17135
Fault Module Timestamp:	506dbeae
Exception Code:	c0000005
Exception Offset:	0000969b
OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID:	1033
Additional Information 1:	0a9e
Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3:	0a9e
Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Spoiler

YES, this is a crash to the desktop.

Sentient
01.16.2013 , 10:06 PM | #727
Crashing still happening even after .NET update and mem cleaner. This is also a new Ultimate 64 build on a new HDD.

Nekessla
01.16.2013 , 10:52 PM | #728
I don't know if anyone can help me, but I've had the problem of TOR crashing to desktop for a while now, with no help.

1) Jedi Covenant
2) All my characters
3) Crashes anywhere from every 15 minutes to once an hour. Varies depending on variables I haven't been able to discover.
4) My game crashes to desktop usually when loading something -- a conversation, a new area, especially a new planet -- but it's begun happening whenever it pleases, like standing alone in the middle of nowhere, or on board my ship doing nothing.
5) Ummm... I try to put my DxDiag file into code and I get an error that my post is now too long when I try to submit it. Any suggestions on that one?? That helps nobody.

6)
Spoiler

7) And yes, this is a crash to desktop, and yes, I've tried every other generic thing tech support has sent my way to help me. Any suggestions would be great. Just wish I could add my Dxdiag file in here as specified. Can't.

Warchieftan
01.17.2013 , 02:23 AM | #729
1. Dalborra
2. Khonsu, Doci, Facemelter
3. Generally 1 crash every ~2 hours
4. Often while on a loading screen i.e. Leaving my Ship to a new Planet, and leaving a Space Mission to enter a Warzone is a 100% way to do it for me, but also, but less often; while doing trivial things.
Spoiler

6. - Sorry, don't understand this but I have the CRASH logs (CRASH.dmb / CRASH.json) that you ask for on some threads I can give you if you tell me how - don't have a program to open them personally and there is no 'insert file' option here,

7. Yes, this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

ouig
01.17.2013 , 07:00 AM | #730
Quote: Originally Posted by _blackdestiny_ View Post
ouig,

I was able to start the game by creating new windows user and starting it with that user....... however I don't think this is a viable solution to the problem since I loose all my setting just to be able to play the game
i just tryed that the game loaded up and let me play for 30mins then crashed and wont work i dont understand whats wrong i got a new pc and it wont work the only difference is that i have windows 8 instead of windows 7 but i dont see that been that much of problem as i have the same pc as my frind and it works for him but not me and he dosent understand why it isnt working at all