Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Armshark
01.08.2013 , 12:41 PM | #621
1. Red Eclipse
2. Lerdol
3. very frequently, (80 errors in last 3 weeks)
4. it happens at various times without warning, but more frquently whenever i change instances or enter a new zone.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Yes this is deffinatly a crash to desktop.

Torvik
01.08.2013 , 01:11 PM | #622
Another nice shiny patch today with all those cool cartel items Still no mention of any fix to your Update 1.4 crash to desktop bug.

Just a reminder Upate 1.4 came out on September 26, 2012.

There have been to date 15 update/patches after 1.4. Not one has done anything to address this issue.

Most pathetic of all.... Your customers are doing more to try and find a solution to YOUR bug than you are. Time to get off your a s s EA/Bioware and do your job! That's what we pay subscription fees for.

All the shiny virtual items and expansions mean nothing if you can't play the basic game itself.

Gorrmm
01.08.2013 , 05:34 PM | #623
1. Shadowlands
2. Gorrmm/Cladiuch
3. Crashes every time I click on the legacy tab in game

Spoiler

Spoiler

LaOosaki
01.08.2013 , 09:45 PM | #624
Ok, here's the deal:

If your faulting module is MEMORYMAN.DLL, download Memory Cleaner and let it running while you're playing. I don't care about what people say, it works for a lot of people with memory leak problems.

If your faulting module is KERNELBASE.DLL or anything Kernel related, REMOVE swtor.exe and launcher.exe from Windows XP SP3 Compatibility Mode FOR ALL USERS. DO NOT disable Administrator Mode.

Use the 3GB switch for Windows Vista or 7: Open Command Prompt as administrator (right-click it, run as admin.), type "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072" and restart your computer.

That's the stuff that made me able to play 5 or more hours straight once again, so I recommend at least trying.
Hope this helps.
The Firebrand Legacy --Founder

Living Legend

Pervejbirk
01.09.2013 , 04:51 AM | #625
Server: The Progenitor
Character: All of them.
How often: At lest 2 to 3 three times aday.

DxDiag
Spoiler

Reliability report Win 7
Spoiler

Client just closes to desktop no warning and no error message given

JackJNapier
01.09.2013 , 05:12 AM | #626
1.The Bastion.
2.Bolren
3.Frequency of crashing – This happens multiple times a day sometimes 2-3 times an hour.
4.I'm doing anything from participating in a Flashpoint to just turning my screen.

Spoiler

7. When my game freezes I can still hear music and I have to Ctrl Alt Delete to get the task manager up to end the SWTOR task.
"DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY"

Grammarye
01.09.2013 , 01:00 PM | #627
1. Red Eclipse.
2. Kaeris.
3. Sporadic, but 3-4 times today in a single PC session.
4. Often just after logging in, possibly correlated with being on the ship Fury. Often the TOR client will subsequently run and load a single yellow or red colour across the entire screen (instead of one of 1) the char selection screen, 2) the char creation screen which it insists on sometimes going into, or 3) the server screen). Killing the TOR client again after this and re-running it for a third or fourth time usually gets it logging in correctly again to the character selection screen.
5. DxDiag
Spoiler

6. 8 recent critical reliability failures, pretty much all a pair of buckets.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

7. This is indeed a multiple series of CTDs. TOR disappears entirely without an error message. I also have dump files but nowhere to upload them to. I can send them to support's email address.
For 2000 Cartel Coins, a year-old game breaking bug may get fixed.
For $20, an epic death scene for your character is unlocked to end your overly expensive class story. Subscribers pay $10.

Narlydude
01.09.2013 , 07:05 PM | #628
I've never had an issue before the last patch. It crashed in game. Now I can't even start the game again without it crashing just after the login screen. Anyone else having the same issue? I run Windows 7 64 bit. AMD Radeon HD 7750 1gb. 8gb ddr3 ram. Pretty sure it's not my computer

Caltone
01.09.2013 , 08:57 PM | #629
Have had intermittent crashes and lock up for the past few months. Had a CTD today and they are generally once a night.

1.Name of server: The Shadowlands
2.Name of character(s) affected: All
3.Frequency of crashing: every 2-3 h
4.random, mostly when you leave an area, but in comversation to.
5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags :

Spoiler

Reliability Report

Spoiler
When in doubt empty the magazine

Shockley
01.09.2013 , 09:21 PM | #630
1. Prophecy of the Five
2. Malkaaron/ Aurrenik/ Nyrola
3. Anywhere and doing anything. Normally not in pvp arenas. Frequently. No abnormal lag present before crash. Carrik station is where it happens most often for me.
Just dropping by to give a humble "UTINNI!" *Squadron 238*