Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Theguffin
01.07.2013 , 06:11 AM | #611
stop posting diags in the main typing area, use the spoiler function , and bioware you suck

Cjaine
01.07.2013 , 09:31 AM | #612
Quote: Originally Posted by Berserkuss View Post
Sry, but this is only placebo Software and Voodoo!
Its only fluke that swtor has run over 4hour. ^^
It works, voodoo or not, it works for many of us. I no longer crash since doing this last week.

Jedi_Slayer
01.07.2013 , 10:59 AM | #613
Quote: Originally Posted by Genkiyo View Post
Yeah, add me to the list of people that this has worked for (Win 7 32bit system on a wifi network). In about 5 hours of play this evening, not one ctd. Before using this, one ctd within the first 1.5-2 hours, then one every hour after that.

Thank God for the community, cause the devs seem to be spitting into the wind. Unbelievable.

EDIT: To reiterate a previous statement, I don't consider this a "fix" for BW's problem, but it's as close to one as possible until a fix is issued. Many users don't peruse the forums to come across work-arounds like this, so it still needs to be fixed for them. Meanwhile, the end-users just owned BW in my book.
I to tried this yesterday (WIN 7 32bit) and would normally get a CTD about every 90 minutes I played about 4 hours with no CTD. Did a flashpoint, 3 warzones and BH (not to mention a few trips to fleeet, which would normally be enough to kick me 2 or 3 times.

Interestingly I did have it go to the desk top 3 times (as if I tabbed into it) and I just clicked back on my taskbar and back into the game, the odd part was that I could hear the people taking in the flashpoint, went through the normal reload splash screen while that was going, and eventually loaded up the cutscene again at the end of Taral V.

SayEndo
01.07.2013 , 11:27 AM | #614
1. Ebon Hawk
2. Verun, Daeyan
3. Generally once or twice a weekend, generally in the evening. Started around Dec. 21
4. This most recent weekend, I crashed both Saturday and Sunday evenings. There were events going on in the zone I was in (Dromund Kaas on Saturday and Tatooine on Sunday). The crashes have generally been preceeded by the screen freezing (although not always). On the nights I've crashed, others in my guild have also crashed, although not at the exact same time.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. These have been crashes to desktops. Several other people in my guild also started experiencing crashes around the same time (around Dec. 21).

DataBeaver
01.07.2013 , 01:01 PM | #615
1. The Red Eclipse
2. Mikayla
3. Infrequently. This is the first time I've had this particular crash, but I've heard of it from other players. There have been some completely random crashes before, but I have no info on those.
4. I was in Esseles hard mode flashpoint, in the last conversation with officer Haken. We were skipping the conversation, and the game crashed right after activating the hyperdrive.

5. DXDiag:
Spoiler

6. Crash event details (there are two events with the exact same timestamp, so I'm posting both):
Spoiler

7. I was immediately returned to the desktop, not to character or server selection, so definitely a crash.

SinRMcSinR
01.07.2013 , 03:05 PM | #616
1) Name of server: Harbinger
2) Name of character(s) affected: most recent: Chocolate'killa
3) Frequency of crashing: low level flashpoints Black Talon and Esseles
4) Important information: After completing the above flashpoints, the ship you are in jumps to lightspeed. upon "Exiting" lightpseed (that sound it makes that sounds like the ship decelerating) game crashes. In Black Talon it is after you choose to go back to Fleet or go to Dromund Kaas. in Esseles, it is in the middle of the conversation after returning to The Esseles.
5) DXDiag:
Spoiler

6) Reliability Report:
Spoiler

7) Confirm CTD and not DC: Yes, this crash usually happens with a straight Crash to Desktop without any "SWTOR.EXE HAS STOPPED RESPONDING" or anything of that sort. This time it gave me the "SWTOR has stopped responding"

I really hope this gets fixed, been happening to me for quite a while now
The McSinR Legacy of Harbinger. Just a burned out raider turned casual, don't mind me.

We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.
Founder, DDE VIP , Pre-Orderer for SWTOR and RotHC

Delvianseek
01.07.2013 , 03:22 PM | #617
Character Names: All
Server: The Red Eclipse
Frequency: Only started this week never happened before. Once maybe twice in an evening.
Useful info: Happened a few times when changing characters. Also started since I downloaded a new Nvidia driver - 310.70

Spoiler

Camienu
01.08.2013 , 10:48 AM | #618
1.Name of server: Shadowlands

2.Name of character(s) affected: All my characters

3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Frequent, so much I'm thinking of not playing any more. I still like to play but this is getting to be very annoying.

4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
I log on several characters and send them on missions. Depending on how many missions, mailing or crafting. I then go to the character select screen, select one, then it starts to load and then crash to desktop.

My husband and I group together and do quests together. We'll zone in and out of different instances and after a few hours we'll crash to desktop.

5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags:
Spoiler

6.Your reliability report in spoiler tags•For Windows 7 / Vista:
Spoiler

7.Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select. Crash to desktop

DoctorJest
01.08.2013 , 12:16 PM | #619
Ebon Hawk.
Every 2 hours or so. Happens most often - but not exclusively - when trying to initiate a conversation.

DoctorJest
01.08.2013 , 12:21 PM | #620
Quote: Originally Posted by Delvianseek View Post
Character Names: All
Server: The Red Eclipse
Frequency: Only started this week never happened before. Once maybe twice in an evening.
Useful info: Happened a few times when changing characters. Also started since I downloaded a new Nvidia driver - 310.70
Not sure if it will help, but 310.90 was released over the past weekend.