Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rogrey
12.28.2012 , 07:55 PM | #521
I was a subscriber from release date, then i stoped playing and went back on f2p option. Everything was good untill i renewed my subs ( yesterday ). Cant login on any characters just after reactivating account. What is that Bioware ? When i choose my toon and use play button after few secs game just closes like it was never opened.

Darkwun
12.28.2012 , 08:09 PM | #522
Shadowlands
Doesn't matter what character, it crashes on all of them
Seems to occur more cut scenes, changes to instances, stuff like that which I do. Cant seem to see any contributing factor but has sucked since 1.5 and worse with recent upg.
Have updated and checked everything within my own system, and have tried it on other computers with same results.

RoneLeah
12.28.2012 , 11:41 PM | #523
1. Name of server. - Jung Ma
2. Name of character(s) affected. - Kaxxo
3. Frequency of crashing how many crashes, how often? - 1st Crash
4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. - Final cutscene on BlackTalon
5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags
1st crash
Spoiler

Spoiler

2nd Crash when trying to get back in
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select. - Complete crash to desktop and did not receive message in Windows that SWTOR stopped working. The game just went completely away like it was never run.

LordKosh
12.29.2012 , 12:22 AM | #524
I know the feeling, yesterday I had only a few crashes. But today i'm unable to play. Crashing every 2-5 minutes once I log into the game. Some go from crashing to desktop, freezing, and locking up my computer. Only this game is doing this on my cyber power pc...

KostonxEld
12.29.2012 , 12:34 AM | #525
Crashing every hour or more now it seems. Way more often when I'm character hopping crafting. I'm using 32bit Windows and this problem only started after 1.4 came out.
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

RockyTor
12.29.2012 , 10:06 AM | #526
Server: The Harbinger
Name: Anthonyy
Game crashes to desktop after about a minute of being logged in.

RockyTor
12.29.2012 , 10:11 AM | #527
Game crashes to desktop about a minute after logging in.
Spoiler

RockyTor
12.29.2012 , 10:18 AM | #528
Game crashes to desktop after a minute of being logged in.
Spoiler

Goretzu
12.29.2012 , 10:21 AM | #529
Hmm........ seems the Nvidia 310.70 drivers are making CTD much, much worse.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Ect-Helion
12.29.2012 , 11:54 AM | #530
well every day its getting worse and worse!!!
i cant play the crashes are now every 15-20 secs, just 2day i had like 50 or so!!!

if this continues next 2 days, im returning the game!
im sick of mailing the support and getting no reply!!! congratz EA, will never buy your game again!