Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LokRobster
12.16.2012 , 12:01 AM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
techfreek
Please disable any startup programs and see if the problem exists, the likely causes of this is either outdated drivers or a conflict running in the background. eg mumble, displaylink etc
really.

40 pages of posts and a couple of months of CTD and one guy's going to fix it all by unclicking some stuff in msconfig.

Played 3 hours tonight. CTD 4 times.

Once in Hammer Station instance, about 1/3 of the through, just a group of Advoze aggro'd on me. Woke up dead but luckily the party rezzed me.
Once on Fleet. But of course Fleet has 248 people on it laggin up the joint anyway.
Once on Balmorra, when starting to leave Sorvik and heading out the South gate.
Once on Drummond Kaas, just as the speeder i took from Kaas City unloaded at the StarPort.

Pretty amazing that this bug ain't been fixed yet. This started for me back in August after a patch. Maybe it's gotten worse, but it stinks regardless.

edit: saw that techfreak actually has a completely different issue. but still...
-- Rodian-Bob of Ahazi Forums '03 - '06
Robii D'Luminatii the Rodian *Master Doctor, Master Pistoleer*
Ancient Ahazi Denizen, Perdition/Grendin Waste, Lok
SW GAMES NEED RODIANS AS PCs!!

OwenBrooks
12.16.2012 , 12:14 AM | #392
Yes everyones setup is different and the request for msconfig changes does work, i know it doesnt help you out but I do not run 32bit windows and cannot comment too much on this issue.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=571097&page=2

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560178

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=570613&page=5

VassagoOmega
12.16.2012 , 01:16 AM | #393
Name of Server - Prophecy of the Five

Name of Characters affected. - All Characters. Vassagö, Vassagon, Vassaga, Vasshara, Vassana, Vassette, Vassmine, Vassage, Vassaul, Vargassa, Vasselda

Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? - I tend to get at least one per day, 2 if I've played for a long time. They come after playing for a long time, more than an hour at least. I used to get crashes more frequently when I had Windows XP, but now with Windows 7, they are a lot less frequent. I'm still getting CTD when I tab out, and back in, and CTD has been happening more frequently since the last patch. I'm also seeing serious performance degradation in the new Heroic Space missions, and the new area Section X. More so after a long play period, but mainly in those areas.

Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. - Triggers range from clicking on crafting tab, to opening a vendor window, to just walking along somewhere random, and even, as I said, tabbing in and out of the game. And it's usually after being on the game for more than an hour.

Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

Spoiler

Your reliability report in spoiler tags

Spoiler

For Windows 7 / Vista:
Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

This is a complete Crast To Desktop (CTD). I have reports of this going back weeks, all showing the same thing.
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild

GrizzlyUK
12.16.2012 , 02:38 AM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hello! Just as an update to this thread, we are definitely aware of a small number of users experiencing an increase in memory related crashes with the game client since Game Update 1.4. Rest assured that we have been and are working on optimizations to improve performance for those players affected.

Thank you for your patience, and please continue to report your relevant information in this thread as it helps us in our optimizations.
Seems to me that your so-called "small number of users" is steadily increasing day-by-day! When is BioWare likely to actually release these optimizations that you claim to have been and are working on? This thread is gaining numerous new posts every day and there are usually a few new threads being started every day about CTD problems! When will BioWare realise that this CTD issue is a steadily growing problem?

I've already posted all the requested info in this thread last month. I'm a paid subscriber and have been since game launch but the game is currently unplayable for me due to the frequency of CTD's I get! BioWare really needs to get a solution in place ASAP otherwise this game will just end up losing customers faster than it can find them!
CE VIP - Pre-ordered: 21st July 2011, Pre-Order Code registered: 01st August 2011 due to retailer error
CE registered: 17th December 2011, Subscribing since 21st January 2012

Shibbstah
12.16.2012 , 03:11 AM | #395
1. Server: The Ebon Hawk
2. Name of character(s) affected: R'az. and R'as.
3. Frequency of crashing - Approximately every hour or so. Possibly a little bit longer.
4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers - Doesn't seem to be anything specific that triggers it. It could be anything from me just running around in the world, being in the middle of a flashpoint, or even just in a conversation with an NPC.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is a crash to desktop, every single time. Hasn't done anything differently.

Tivel
12.16.2012 , 04:28 AM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by KostonxEld View Post
Yes I'm still having this horrible persistent problem also ONLY since patch 1.4. Before then I had 0 ZERO crashes to desktop. Then the day 1.4 came out I have been crashing every 2 hours. Happens mostly between loading screens or while loggin alts into game after having been ingame for awhile.

They changed something in 1.4 and we NEED a rollback of whatever "optimization" they added in 1.4 that BROKE so many 32bit users game!! Some memory leak is killing this game for me!!
You're not the only one, I'm not one to get angry but this client crash is really p***ing me the F off. Almost to the point of just uninstalling this game off my computer since I can't stay connected longer than 30min without crashing, and they seem to not care a lot.
Cyran Prime
Sith Sorcerer

ClyntKeelan
12.16.2012 , 06:53 AM | #397
The Progenitor
Characters - Ishkiss, Steggerdawn, Oroshea
Repeatedly crashing and whole system goin down - blue screen of death - crash dump etc - have to power off and on again.
Just before crash I notice graphics getting glitchty - buff symbols with no pictures in - target portraits incorrect - invisible enemies and then the crash happens.
I have made sure that I have the latest service pack and graphics drivers - run memtest etc.
DxDiag:
Spoiler

Reliability Reports:
Spoiler

Holdeem
12.16.2012 , 09:28 AM | #398
Quote: Originally Posted by Tivel View Post
You're not the only one, I'm not one to get angry but this client crash is really p***ing me the F off. Almost to the point of just uninstalling this game off my computer since I can't stay connected longer than 30min without crashing, and they seem to not care a lot.
I am thinking of uninstalling the game for the past few days cose of these CtDs it just isnt worth paying for a game that crashes every hour. Sometimes it even bugs my pc to the point where the game stucks and i have to wait for 10 min for the game to crash cose i cant turn it off. My computer can handle lots of newer and more graphicly demanding games then swtor and still they wont say what the real problem is. If only they would make an official response about these CtDs so that we can at least know if it can ever be fixed. Im probbably gonna play aion till they fix it cose i cant stand it any longer.

LaOosaki
12.16.2012 , 09:51 AM | #399
-The Ebon Hawk
-All of my active characters, don't know about the alts but they'll probably crash too. Names: Teresa, Leash, Brando, Wrap, Saalinge
-Frequent, every 1-2 hours more or less, or sooner if I've been trough a lot of loading, logout/login character, combat, traveling and pvp matches.
-Random, sometimes it crashes on a loading screen, sometimes in the mid of a warzone, when entering combat/conversation, moving around the fleet, leaving a phase, quick traveling back to a camp and moving around it.

-DxDiag:
Spoiler

-Reliability Report:
Spoiler

-The game sometimes freezes and I have to alt+tab and close the non-responding process, sometimes it freezes and closes to desktop alone but both process continue running (I have to close them mannualy), and sometimes it simply closes to desktop. I noticed it also stutters a lot before the crash. I'm considering a RAM upgrade but I'd like you to know that I've never had this kind of issue since I started to play on February 11th 2012.

Thank you for the attention you're giving the issue, I'm hoping it can be fixed soon.

geemorin
12.16.2012 , 10:14 AM | #400
  1. Server: Ebon Hawk
  2. Characters: Obee/O-gee
  3. When: Systematically at the end of the quest "Flashpoint: The Black Talon"
  4. Additionnal info: When activating the console to go to Dromund Kaas
  5. DXDiags:
    Spoiler
  6. Reliability report (there are 2, one after another):
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
  7. It is a crash to desktop issue.