Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

revmerb
12.11.2012 , 04:36 AM | #311
I dont mean to be a pain but does BW not realise that in every single one of the instances posted that the faulting module is KERNALBASE.DLL, kinda obvious what the problem is right?
Also even after the last patch and with the 1.6 not anywere does it mention a fix for the enormous amount of lag that at least 90% of players are complaining about.
Priorities BW please!!!!!

OwenBrooks
12.11.2012 , 05:40 AM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by revmerb View Post
I dont mean to be a pain but does BW not realise that in every single one of the instances posted that the faulting module is KERNALBASE.DLL, kinda obvious what the problem is right?
Also even after the last patch and with the 1.6 not anywere does it mention a fix for the enormous amount of lag that at least 90% of players are complaining about.
Priorities BW please!!!!!
How did you get the conclusion it is every instance ?

I don't disagree that there is a memory leak affecting win 32 bit users.

I would disagree that it is kind of obvious, there appears to be a number of issues that is causing a crash to desktop.
now for Win 32 bit users I cannot say alot but when i see others running Win 7 64 bit with a 670gtx video card using 306 drivers and crashing to desktop and my system is win 7 64 bit with a 670gtx running 306 drivers and is running fine playing the game as long as i like on max details with no lag or stuttering how can the game be at fault ?

lets just say you are correct that kernalbase.dll is the faulting module, the most common cause of this fault is software conflicts.
Recently i have seen programs like mumble on win 8 and xfire causing this exact conflict with other users causing the game to crash to desktop.
Yet swtor is at fault and needs to issue a fix and not mumble or xfire ?
I am not saying there is no bugs in the game but some things are not so obvious.

DanFozRan
12.11.2012 , 07:45 AM | #313
I can't post my stuff, forum says the post is too long...

OwenBrooks
12.11.2012 , 07:59 AM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by DanFozRan View Post
I can't post my stuff, forum says the post is too long...
Just split your post so it can be submitted

DanFozRan
12.11.2012 , 09:12 AM | #315
I tried already. The DXDiag is too big. I'll post without it.

Name of server:
Any server at all

Name of character(s) affected:
All of them

Frequency of crashing:
Once every other hour

Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc
After the crashing I always find a svchost.exe process doing a lot of Disk Usage.

Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Too big

Your reliability report in spoiler tags
Spoiler

Transcendent
12.11.2012 , 11:16 AM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
when i see others running Win 7 64 bit with a 670gtx video card using 306 drivers and crashing to desktop and my system is win 7 64 bit with a 670gtx running 306 drivers and is running fine playing the game as long as i like on max details with no lag or stuttering how can the game be at fault ?

lets just say you are correct that kernalbase.dll is the faulting module, the most common cause of this fault is software conflicts.
Wait, so i can play the game for hundreds of hours, no CTD at all, and yet it refuses to complete on particular instance yet that isn't the games fault?

Two crashes on the 6/12/12 trying to complete the same FP, 7 crashes on the 8/12/12 trying to complete the same FP, and 2 more crashes on the 9/12/12 doing the exact same thing in the exact same place in the exact same FP.
No other crashes, just one FP refuses to complete. I can play the game for hours on end and no issues (unless I want to try that FP again.... which I think i've given up on).

This thread is for reporting CTD, not for assuming we are all coders / programmers / tech support staff. It's to help BW find bugs, essentially that is exactly what we are doing and giving them a wide spread of hardware configurations to help them eliminate those bugs. I'm also so glad you've never had an issue with the game (can you complete the same FP on solo?)

Jarcoby
12.11.2012 , 11:31 AM | #317
Okay, you got the crashing to desk that satarted with update 1.5 fixed, and I was good for about a week or so. Now update 1.6 is here.......AND I'M CRASHING TO DESK AGAIN! Is this gonna happen ever time you guys put in an update? I mean seriously. I just joined a pvp guild and this crashing to desk before I even hit 30 minutes is really gonna put a damper on my future warzone runs. Not to mention making my ability to group and raise my social level up. REALLY frustrating.
I find your lack of cookies disturbing.

Jarcoby
12.11.2012 , 11:42 AM | #318
I have this issue after EVERY update, then it gets fixed after like 3 or 4 Maintenances, then we get the new update and the cycle starts all over again. So the only common thing I've noticed, since I never fet any messages about the freaking problem I simply crash to desk as if I was never on the game in the first place, is that there has been a new update added.
I find your lack of cookies disturbing.

Adokatikanon
12.11.2012 , 12:46 PM | #319
1. Ebon Hawk

2. All of them. Mains are Jervais, Jameston, and Gendarme

3. Varies. Some days it goes without crashing at all, some days its back to back. Average is around once every 3 hours I'd say.

4. It generally only triggers during action--the game doesn't crash when the character is idle.

Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Definitely a crash to desktop. No warning, and suddenly I'm looking at my windows background. Doesn't go back to the server screen. I have to relaunch and relog into SWTOR.
Exitus Acta Probat. The Outcome Justifies the Deed.

grozys
12.11.2012 , 01:36 PM | #320
1 Tomb Of freedon nadd
2 Avixel(Crash only with this character)
3 Crashing Only when i'm playing sith inquisitor
4 Try to fly on my ship on Doombringer Class quest - Testing. When i choose Doombringer icon of "travel"
not active and game freez and then crash its all
Spoiler

Spoiler

7 Right on Desktop
Pls help wanna see inqusitor class ending