Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HobbesTay
12.04.2012 , 02:49 AM | #231
Still no fix or even an update on when a fix will be available......

A group of my friends were looking to start playing Swotor since it moved to f2p, however none of them have top of the range PC's so i advised them to stay clear of Swotor because of this bug and how annoying it is when trying to play.

Such a shame as I would have liked to have played alongside them but hopefully they will find an alternative game that doesn't crash every 30 mins and I can join them.

I played WOW for over 5 years and never experienced service like this or so many bugs, if this were a car it would fail its MOT.

2 months after introducing a fundamental bug into the system it still isn't fixed or even acknowledged as an issue, shame on you Bioware!!!

Ijon
12.04.2012 , 07:31 AM | #232
One more crash and I stop paying for this. Simple.

Kyneris
12.04.2012 , 07:40 AM | #233
This has been happening to me since launch (it happened once every 5 hours), it just got worse in 1.4. (once every 90-120 minutes) I just don't understand how they allowed the game have a memory leak in the first place.
"Should we arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
This is Vireth Danea, my Sith OC.

Torvik
12.04.2012 , 03:08 PM | #234
/knock knock...anyone home????

Saw another nice big updated today and nothing about fixing this problem.

HELLOOOOO???? Is anyone reading this forum? My patience, as well as many others, is running very thin.

I'm not sure how much longer I can justify subscribing to a product with this slow / poor customer service. If this is a really complicated fix requiring tons of hours and manpower, fine tell us. Tell us anything more than "we are looking into the problem... blah blah blah." This lack of comunication is rediculous.

I can't believe LucasArts dumped SWG for this.

KronikToker
12.04.2012 , 03:55 PM | #235
i agree with Torvik 100% this issue has been known for a long time now and nothing seems to have been done about it. i would much rather play SWG EMU than pay for a game that allows me to play maybe 30 minutes until crash or doesnt load for me to play at all.

Threid
12.04.2012 , 04:05 PM | #236
1. Begeren Colony
2. Threid
3. Single crash
4. Browsing cargo hold/inventory/character sheet; crash occurred when accepting a ranked queue.
5. DXDiag
Spoiler

6. Reliability Report
Spoiler

7. Crash to desktop.
ThreidAssassinIllegal Test KitchenThe Bastion

DarkkChaos
12.04.2012 , 04:08 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by KronikToker View Post
This game has been nothing but problems since it came out!!! this is the second time i have had this issue and all its doing is wasting my time and money!!! if this issue isn't resolved shortly i for-sea a lot of people turning away from it.
I believe it's "foresee"

I don't don't what the ocean has to do with the crashing issue....
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

McBainAS
12.04.2012 , 06:00 PM | #238
1-Red Eclipse
2-McBainAS
3-On load screens
4-Every load screen
5-
Spoiler

6-
Spoiler

7- Crash to desktop always.

KostonxEld
12.04.2012 , 10:16 PM | #239
Crashing still!! Another patch day...another day of not fixing this game breaking problem! Crashed after about 2 hours of gameplay again oday after the patch! This has been happening ONLY after patch 1.4 came out!!! Fix this!!!

I crashed switching characters trying to do crew skills, logged back in and played for an hour and some more and crashed trying to load the GTN on my character!

Name: Koston, Bongari, Arthar
Server: Harbinger

Crashing: mostly during loading screens either between zones or loading a new character into game. Crash to desktop with the Microsoft window pop-up saying a program has stopped responding and has been closed. More of the same memory leak!!!
We need a fix for this! It's affecting so many people
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

IrishTR
12.05.2012 , 03:52 AM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Threid View Post
1. Begeren Colony
2. Threid
3. Single crash
4. Browsing cargo hold/inventory/character sheet; crash occurred when accepting a ranked queue.
5. DXDiag
Spoiler

6. Reliability Report
Spoiler

7. Crash to desktop.

Hey bud I looked at the reliability report on yours just trying to offer any help I can, could you try the following - Turn off Teamspeak Overlay? Notice in your log

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins\ts3overlay\ts3overlay_hook_win32.dl l

Not saying this is your problem but something to look into in your scenario, it seems that you use the Teamspeak Overlay, try the game without the overlay and or without Teamspeak, let us know if you get a crash and post that report as well, again I hate hearing this affecting people but maybe we can help some folks.