Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stevewhiterod
11.30.2012 , 01:24 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by stevewhiterod View Post
I might have found out a way around the problem i was running two 680's in sli and got bored of it crashing to desktop so after trying loads of other thing's i disabled sli and it stoped crashing. Have not tested it much only over a couple of hours but game has not crashed since so worth a try. Will test some more when servers are back up.
Update been back on for a couple of days now and not 1 crash.

Has anyone tried this and if they have has it worked?

Nikimu
11.30.2012 , 08:33 AM | #212
Hi
i read all post for start to end and it seem so to play game ( after 1.4 pach) i need to buy more RAM cuz im on W7 32-bit etc ... and max use ( its say 3gb of ram) .. this is suck ... but still , ppl can buy a few Gb's of RAM more .
About the crash ... is same like other guys here i dont think i need to post all info its same
What do i think about crash... start so .. i press Game , acc pass , normal staff ... ( the last 10 time i run the Resourse Monotor so i can see easy what happeding with my PC( CPU , DISK , Network , Memory ) and what i see cru and disk run fine after i get to scren with my heros ( all fine so far CPU and DISK , Memory ) . Whan im in to Game World ( all fine so far too CPU DISK and Memory runig at 80% and Little by little 85 - 90 ~ +- 1,2 ) , after maybe 15 -30- 1h or 3h in best case ( CPU , DISK all fine but Ram is over 97% and 2-3 min later is 99 % after that crash PC Just Frost ) and i need to restart PC cuz i cant do anythink other and after is the same
I Agree with LetoAtreidesII cuz is a RAM leak , just tell us we need to Buy more RAM and les get over it ....

PS i Love the game but this ...... !!!
PS i will stop Sub if this is not FIX , i will try to find A mmo with not a "LEAKs"

FaithWhisper
11.30.2012 , 11:46 AM | #213
1: Shadowlands
2: Hot-wowdane - BH Powertech lvl 32
3: Two times just now today within 10 min.
4: Trying to fly to The Aurora (BH class story)
5:
Spoiler

6:
Spoiler

7: Crashes to desktop immidiately after I've clicked "Travel to destination"
( ████ Game Boomers ████ )

Baptes
11.30.2012 , 11:52 AM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Nikimu View Post
Hi
i read all post for start to end and it seem so to play game ( after 1.4 pach) i need to buy more RAM cuz im on W7 32-bit etc ... and max use ( its say 3gb of ram) .. this is suck ... but still , ppl can buy a few Gb's of RAM more .
About the crash ... is same like other guys here i dont think i need to post all info its same
What do i think about crash... start so .. i press Game , acc pass , normal staff ... ( the last 10 time i run the Resourse Monotor so i can see easy what happeding with my PC( CPU , DISK , Network , Memory ) and what i see cru and disk run fine after i get to scren with my heros ( all fine so far CPU and DISK , Memory ) . Whan im in to Game World ( all fine so far too CPU DISK and Memory runig at 80% and Little by little 85 - 90 ~ +- 1,2 ) , after maybe 15 -30- 1h or 3h in best case ( CPU , DISK all fine but Ram is over 97% and 2-3 min later is 99 % after that crash PC Just Frost ) and i need to restart PC cuz i cant do anythink other and after is the same
I Agree with LetoAtreidesII cuz is a RAM leak , just tell us we need to Buy more RAM and les get over it ....

PS i Love the game but this ...... !!!
PS i will stop Sub if this is not FIX , i will try to find A mmo with not a "LEAKs"
If you are using a 32 bit OS, buying more RAM will do nothing as 32 bit systems will only ever use 3.5 G of RAM ever.

You would have to upgrade to 64 bit for the extra RAM to have any effect, and upgrading from 32 to 64 is a chore.

charonbond
11.30.2012 , 06:15 PM | #215
I think it's time we, as the players in this game, demand a response from not only the developers but their supervisers as well as EA in what they are doing to fix a problem which most of us have experienced after the advent of the patch of 1.4. Enough of skating the issue or copy and paste responses; the time of action is now. Forget about 1.6; if you keep releasing patches, we, as a player base will fall further behind in having our issues fixed.

Rexvan
12.01.2012 , 01:20 PM | #216
lol upgrading to windows 64 bit with max memmory wont help u out attall I have a gaming rig pre bought to play this game and its running on windows 64 bit with the memmory maxed out and it still crashes and hangs on me so dont waste your money or time upgradeing ur rig its something that bioware need to adress and fix cause the game was running fine for me before 1.4 kicked in.

evildeadguy
12.01.2012 , 02:56 PM | #217
1. Name of server: POTF
2. Name of character(s) affected: Triadd
3. Frequency of crashing: random
4. What you are doing: on my speeder moving around fleet
5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags
Spoiler

7.Crash to desktop

darkroomradio
12.01.2012 , 03:22 PM | #218
1 - The Harbinger
2 - Ashenwings
3 - First time this has happened in months
4 - As I was in the conversation with the commander on the Esseles at the end of [Group 2] Flashpoint: The Esseles.
5 -
Spoiler

6 -
Spoiler

7. Crashed to desktop while in the conversation.
...And there in the darkness find me.

Lokisaurian
12.01.2012 , 09:44 PM | #219
1. Ebon Hawk
2. Lokisaur
3. At least once a day.
4. Seemingly at random most times, but most recently when I'm completing the Esseles Flashpoint. Also when entering new locations. It recently crashed to desktop when I was just standing in the Republic Fleet
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. I have never seen a server screen or login screen after this crash has happened, so I assume this is, in fact, a crash to desktop.

Sumnersswaganess
12.01.2012 , 10:32 PM | #220
Harbinger
No'survivors (havent checked others)
happens about every 4 hours or so (at most)
Usually when i do pvp, flashpoints, or turn in/talk to npc's

First happened on Belsavis when turning in a mission to a tih npc
Has been happening more and more often since