Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Korithras
11.29.2012 , 03:47 AM | #201
Bioware, I've already submitted my info to you on this thread. But you need to know that I can barely get an hour, one single hour, of game time in before the game crashes to desktop now. Fix this nonsense. Now.

CASHFETT
11.29.2012 , 06:20 AM | #202
Name of server. - Dalborra
Name of character(s) affected. Claaytion
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? - if i play from 9.00 - 12.00 at least twice
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
Mainly does it during or after a cut scene for a general mission.

its very frustrating. its only been happening since the latest updates.

Nomad_Zero
11.29.2012 , 08:05 AM | #203
Do you folks ever plan on fixing this issue? I was able to play the game, on high graphics settings, with no issues prior to 1.4 (as has been related to you by numerous posters on here). I love playing this game and dont mind paying a monthly subscription fee but having only been able to play for about two hours before the game locks up/crashes has gotten so monotonous.

This coupled with the fact that there are other bugs which have been in the game for much longer than Ive been playing it (about 5 months), which have also not been addressed (ie. companion lightsabers staying ignited when the companion puts the weapon away) have me feeling like you folks dont really care about them? The distinct lack of communication to your players afflicted by these issues is appalling. And Im not alone in feeling like this as Im sure you must be aware.

Sincerely,
a disappointed player

morfius
11.29.2012 , 08:36 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by CAgirlnKS View Post
Totally upgraded system since my report: CPU, RAM, video card, MB and still CTD and memory access error upon closing game.
Most of component failures happen in 1st day - 1 st week.
One of my new memory modules failed in 4 th day, 1 WD Black HDD failed in 6 hours.
Check your RAM again (module remove is best way if you have enough to start game without 1 of them).

Check your HDD also... as it not listed in upgraded parts.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Miltiades
11.29.2012 , 08:57 AM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
Bioware, I've already submitted my info to you on this thread. But you need to know that I can barely get an hour, one single hour, of game time in before the game crashes to desktop now. Fix this nonsense. Now.
I'm rarely one to complain, but I find I need to voice my agreement with this sentiment and insist that you, as developers, deal with this high priority issue.

Before 1.4, I encountered this issue a few times. I didn't make a big deal out of it because it usually happened after some marathon session of playing TOR (and I took it as a sign I should take a break). Crashing after only one hour is a big deal, however and something that is severely testing my patience with this game. I've only resubbed recently after a break I took before 1.4, so I haven't had this issue for as long as some other members here. I can imagine how frustrating this may be for them, then and this should have already been fixed for such a long time. Obviously, introducing new heroic space missions are more important than a gamebreaking issue for potentially hundreds or thousands of people, so I'm not holding my breath that this gets fixed soon.

Anyway, I demand free stuff (just kidding - sort of).

Torvik
11.29.2012 , 02:40 PM | #206
I hate complaining but I agree also with the above posts. It's time to get this fixed.

For most of us these crashes started with update 1.4. That was issued on September 26th. Two months and we haven't heard a thing. I would have expected to have at the very least heard from a developer (not a bot) in this thread stating what they are trying to do. The best we can get is some canned reponse of things we can try to do at our end to fix the problem. As far as we know you are doing absolutely nothing.

I am certain that I speak for more than just myself when I say we would really like to hear from an actual developer that is trying to fix this.

I haven't played a lot of MMO's but I know that during my tenure with SWG (still my fav) we could hear from and get in contact with actual developers who were trying to fix issues in the game. It made the frustration of bugs at least a bit more tolerable. We need to know that someone on the otherside is actually trying to do something.

I am a Star Wars junky and I am really trying to like this game, but these crashes are making it more and more difficult. Sooner or later I will be dumping this and moving on to $ubsribe to another game. Somewhere in the distance I hear Hobbits calling my name. Come back to Lotro... come back.

Enough complaining. It's in your hands now. Please do something.

Sincerely

Torvik

Rico_Palms
11.29.2012 , 04:41 PM | #207
It's great to know that I am not the only one experiencing these issues. Seriously Bioware, i cant even go an hour without the game crashing, and thats even if i can get past the login on the first try. There should be no excuse for these glitches that go on a daily basis. If this game was a Restaurant i would never step foot inside again. The level of improvements and Customer Service is complete garbage. Keep this up and this game will never even be enough to compete with even the most simple of MMOs. I dont know about the others that play but i have given up and are not expecting anything good to come anytime soon. It seems that with every Patch there are more glitches that are added to the list of bugs that arent being fixed or dealt with.
Very Disappointing.
The Harbringer
The Vayne Legacy
Kaa'tana - Lv 50 Sith Juggernaut / Shelbi - Lv 50 Mercenary / Vyndictus - Lv 25 Sith Sorcerer / Sarutobi - Lv 48 Commando / Maito - Lv 15 Jedi Sentinel

TheTealTwilek
11.29.2012 , 05:18 PM | #208
Server: Ebon Hawk.
Characters: All toons.
Frequency of Crashing: 3 Crashes in the span of two hours (more if I load).
Crash Indicators: I can predict them. The environment does not render correctly. It's slower, it's chugging a long. Sometimes, if I inspect another player, it shows them wearing their gear but it never changes from my gear- that's a minute count down to crash when that happens. I get black screen, a sound looping bug and go straight to desktop. It happens everywhere, all the time. Even when I am standing on fleet. Also, The more that I have to load (like running all over to collect HK parts - DK and Taris crash me) will kill my system. Then trying to get back into the game. The launcher pad will crash twice before I am able to (slowly) load back in.

This is has been since 1.3. I could play for days with out a crash before hand.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nerdymidgetkid
11.29.2012 , 06:06 PM | #209
Phew! I thought my computer was screwed up. This is sorta a relief. It crashes on every sever I go on, I can barely go 1 hour before it crashes. It'll say I've lost connection and then it just crashes. (I'm walking, and then all of a sudden it's like I'm walking into an invisible wall. It'll be red on the connection bar. Then I have about 30 seconds to use the task manager to shut the game down. If not, Black Screen of Death with a lonely SWOTOR cursor and the only way to get rid of it is shutting down the computer.) Today it reached new heights-it just shut down, instantly. No warning signs. I love this game to bits but its almost unplayable at this point. If you do nothing else for the next release, bioware, please, fix the game!!

RiverofLight
11.29.2012 , 08:06 PM | #210
1 -shadowlands-
2 -all character's -(henry'mccarty)(chiyome)(kwan'yin) etc
3 -cannot play at all, mostly instant crash when logging in any one of my characters, or able to play for like an hour if im lucky.
4 -since the very first patch its been getting worse for me, ive been here since beta and not one crash during beta. every patch will result in several crashes until i just give up and move on, to come back and find tht the crashes arent as frequent, after the patch'(s) have been implemented for awhile. but for some reason this last patch has got to be the worst because i cant even stay logged for more thn an hour at a time, if im lucky enough to get past the login screen.

5-
Spoiler

6-
Spoiler

7- in most cases these crashes cause the screen to blackout, with the looping of the audio, until the system reboots itself. sometimes a hard restart is needed. i also had a few instances where the game client would minimize and i would be left at the desktop. im afraid if i continue to play this game and its constant TDR crashes tht it will damage my hardware. i have done every type of test/tweak update to no avail, and btw i also have a collection of games from rpg's to mmo's to fps and this is the only game tht causes my system to crash.

my force is depleting rapidly, along with my patience, im afraid tht if this problem persists im going to have to find a different game to spend my money on
"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human." ―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Obi-Wan Kenobi