Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stevewhiterod
11.28.2012 , 02:15 AM | #191
I might have found out a way around the problem i was running two 680's in sli and got bored of it crashing to desktop so after trying loads of other thing's i disabled sli and it stoped crashing. Have not tested it much only over a couple of hours but game has not crashed since so worth a try. Will test some more when servers are back up.

ThreatSignalQc
11.28.2012 , 08:45 AM | #192
Hey guys!!! Just found this thread about a workaround for those of you with FPs CTD issues :
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560634

THIS NOT A FIX!!! Just a workaround... The problem is still annoying as hell and I hope BW finds a way to correct it!

zorprimus
11.28.2012 , 11:00 AM | #193
Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected.: Ichimaru, Narmu, Aiizen, Visk, Riber
Frequency of crashing how many crashes, how often? Once every 2 to 3 hours.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Anything at this point triggers, lost track of examples. Lets go with all of the above.
DXDiag:

Spoiler

Report:

Spoiler

Report:

Spoiler

Had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to end program.
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

zorprimus
11.28.2012 , 11:06 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by ThreatSignalQc View Post
Hey guys!!! Just found this thread about a workaround for those of you with FPs CTD issues :
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560634

THIS NOT A FIX!!! Just a workaround... The problem is still annoying as hell and I hope BW finds a way to correct it!
That workaround is for Esseles and or flashpoints....doesn't do anything for the random crashes with a plethora of examples, situations, cases, moments where the game fails...BW hasn't done anything except look into the issue since the problem started in 1.4.

I purchased a new pc...a hefty upgrade from what I have know. They say this doesn't affect 64 bit systems with more than 8GB ram...we shall see. ETA 12/10
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

Romuls
11.28.2012 , 01:44 PM | #195
I am not even in a fp just in the game and it shuts down my computer.This is really pissing me off.

charonbond
11.28.2012 , 06:47 PM | #196
Spoiler

rpeplins
11.28.2012 , 08:27 PM | #197
The Shadowlands
Bouhun
Almost never, 1
Switching Instances on Section X

Spoiler

Windows Reliability History did not show the failure. It had shown previous CTD failures.

It was a Crash to Desktop.

Oakavon
11.28.2012 , 08:41 PM | #198
so it seems the game has completely crashed...not cool

Anfall
11.28.2012 , 08:49 PM | #199
For me, swapping out all of my crappy ram seems to have solved my issue with this. Even though my ram was passing memtest86 it was still giving me issues. It also caused the game to get stuck when trying to reinstall. I had also started to get a few BSOD. Since changeing it I no longer crash to desktop when playing swtor. At least for the 4 hours I played today anyways. Goodluck to the rest of you.

CAgirlnKS
11.28.2012 , 11:02 PM | #200
Totally upgraded system since my report: CPU, RAM, video card, MB and still CTD and memory access error upon closing game.