Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ThreatSignalQc
11.27.2012 , 12:54 PM | #181
1. Shadowlands
2. Ekkadon
3. Every time
4. At the end of the Flashpoint Esseles, right as you enter hyperspace after speaking with Officer Haken. I tried with and without CrossfireX activated
5.DxDiag
Spoiler

Torvik
11.27.2012 , 01:52 PM | #182
Name of server: Ebon Hawk.

Name of character(s) affected: All Characters across entire account

Frequency of crashing: Daily within 45 minutes of Launch. Never had any crashes pre-update 1.4

Crash triggers: I can find no similarities with crashes. Seem to be totally random for me. Sometimes crafting, reading mail, loading, combat.... just about anything. It is becoming a big annoyance for me since I can't do any group missions since I will likely crash right in the middle of them.

System Information: Partial list since Spoiler would not allow me to paste entire list.

Spoiler

I hate to complain too much but these crashes are begining to take all the fun out of the game for me. I really can't commit to anything that will take too long to do since I know a crash will happen soon. Bugs and glitches happen, I certainly understand this, but I would have hoped that by now it could have been fixed so I could again have the fun I had in game before patch 1.4. If this continues much long there simply will be no reason for me to play this game since other games are so much more stable.

Hope this helps and best of luck getting this fixed.

elitegerike
11.27.2012 , 03:49 PM | #183
1. Tomb of Freedon nad
2. Gerikke Gerikee slidar'sballz
3. Random, very frequent, in pvp areas/flashpoints
4. i am playin windowed mode, screen just froze and game crashes to desktop thats all.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7.Crashes right to desktop, or The Application SWTOR has stopped working, usually the latter, seeing both

hesfalcon
11.27.2012 , 03:57 PM | #184
1. Shadowlands
2. SixPlus
3. After the last boss fight ends on Esseles FP HM -- happened twice in the last month
4. Windows 7 64-bit

zorprimus
11.27.2012 , 04:19 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by hesfalcon View Post
1. Shadowlands
2. SixPlus
3. After the last boss fight ends on Esseles FP HM -- happened twice in the last month
4. Windows 7 64-bit
Lucky you...Its happened to me twice in the last 12 hours :P
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

Tazuras
11.27.2012 , 07:44 PM | #186
  1. Name of server: The Shadowlands
  2. Name of character(s) affected: All characters on my account.
  3. Frequency of crashing: One crash every 1-2 hours or so.
  4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers: Crashes seem to most often occur during loading screens. They also have occurred more than once when loading conversations. Others have occurred when opening the guild bank and when there are many simultaneous graphical effects being displayed.
  5. DXDiag: Had to shave off some to get in under the character limit, but everything that may be related should be there.
    Spoiler
  6. Reliability report:
    The most common:
    Spoiler

But also one:
    Spoiler
  7. Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select: They are CTD's.

rpete
11.27.2012 , 11:11 PM | #187
Server: The Ebon Hawk
Character: Nivla'Trebo
Frequency of crash: constant, crash occurs at the completion of black talon flash point 6/6 tries.
DXDIAG
Spoiler

Reliability Report
Spoiler

Summary game crashes to desktop after warping to station or drumand kaas at the end of flashpoint. when starting game back up client says that an instance of the game is already running but nothing appears in task list or by alt-tabing.

zorprimus
11.27.2012 , 11:34 PM | #188
Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected.: Ichimaru, Narmu, Aiizen, Visk, Riber
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Once every 2 to 3 hours.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Anything at this point triggers, lost track of examples. Lets go with all of the above.
DXDiag:
Spoiler

Report:

Spoiler

Report:

Spoiler

Had to CTRL-ALT-DEL and stop task...
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

vtwin
11.28.2012 , 12:41 AM | #189
1. Ebon Hawk
2. All characters
3. randomly when at loading screen to ship, to pvp, out of pvp, and every single time on every single character when using fleet pass
4. it is always crash to desktop, and it says "something has casued the program to stop working" windows will seach for an answer and blah blah blah

Romuls
11.28.2012 , 01:47 AM | #190
I am crashing every time to a restart of computer. 5 or 6 clicks and I crash. Did not have problem tell patch. Also had a update from windows use windows 7. Not happy. Even tryed to play on test server and still crash.