Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EmperorZA
04.10.2013 , 04:28 AM | #1741
Since yesterday I've been trying every possible suggestion available on the forums, repaired my launcher, ran setup again, updated my graphics drivers, ran as administrator etc etc... Still loads and then crashes to desktop.

Turns out what works for me is to run at compatibility mode for XP SP3... LOL ***...

ANYWAY.

I'm a win7 64bit user. Hope that helps anyone

deusexb
04.10.2013 , 09:38 AM | #1742
Patch 2.0.0a released today solved my crash to desktop issue.

Sinnfein_Winters
04.10.2013 , 09:43 AM | #1743
ok I was able to fix my crashing to the desktop on the loading screen. i turned ON the compatibility mode (win 7) and now it works like a charm...
Shadowlords Empire
Guildmaster The Harbinger Arcane Legacy
"What the frak?"

RaunchyRancor
04.10.2013 , 09:57 AM | #1744
Finally working for me. At one point, my Assets directory vanished completely, and I had to re-download the entire game. Now everything's working without using any compatibility mode or run as administrator (Windows 8 64bit)

shoenvar
04.10.2013 , 10:49 AM | #1745
Quote: Originally Posted by EmperorZA View Post
Since yesterday I've been trying every possible suggestion available on the forums, repaired my launcher, ran setup again, updated my graphics drivers, ran as administrator etc etc... Still loads and then crashes to desktop.

Turns out what works for me is to run at compatibility mode for XP SP3... LOL ***...

ANYWAY.

I'm a win7 64bit user. Hope that helps anyone
Same here I had tryed all the steps proposed by ea/bioware with no luck.

Today i do just the opposite. I TURN ON compatibility modo (windows xp sp3) in both launcher.exe and swtor.exe. Then sudently it WORKS!! The crash to desktop startup problem was resolved, without restarting Windows.

Even now i have DISABLED compatibility mode in both files and the game works perfectly.

So if some of you want to try.

My config is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, NVIDIA GTX560Ti and 8Gb RAM and Intel Quad Core Q9550

Naugor
04.10.2013 , 11:31 AM | #1746 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Heya everyone,

We would like to thank you all for your assistance in this thread.

With the patch earlier today and the work in previous patches the situation regarding crashes has greatly improved and we will close this thread now.
Should we need any additional information in the future we will create a new thread.

Thank you all again.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support | Find help for all EA Games at Answers HQ.