Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elenil
04.09.2013 , 01:08 PM | #1701
Name of server: Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected: Elenil
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Everytime
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Loading the game
Spoiler

Your reliability report in spoiler tags
Spoiler

I have been experiencing this problem since last Tuesday. As a new subscriber, I am completely dissatisfied with the customer service from this company. You have essentially taken my money and left me with a useless product; with the only communication (from your company) to disable any applications and restart my computer. This is basic computer problem-solving. This is not some profound fix for a broken game.

Nemurytorul
04.09.2013 , 01:58 PM | #1702
Hello !!! or maybe true word for this introduction it is NIGHtMARE !!

Why? i will explain

First of all i cant play properly the game since last patch 1.7.3a, same issue like the others before me ----- try EVERYTHING post here on forums and i managed to play in weekend in compatibility with windows 98 !!! This is UNACCEPTABLE !!! why? i have a subscription with a 140 days left and i cant play properly !!
EA and Bioware its MOCKS on every people who cant play this game . I waited this major patch 2.0 and i tought the people from Bioware fixed this broken GAME, but it is the same !!! i cant play , still crashed to desktop and i can only with compatibility on win98 and i must say this is like an "Dark Forces" game from 90th" because i have lag, delay, lagging ..... it is unplayable game.

This is not for i payd , i DEMAND to be refunded on my last cent , this is a JOKE on us . All i can say now if not take measure , i will make a petition and i will against measure with my advocate to SUE Bioware and EA.
I encourage all people from here who cant play the game and payd for it.

WAKE UP until it is not to late for u Bioware ,maybe this it will be a beggining to be an END of SWTOR .

Im sad and tired of all this.

It is simple : REFUND all my monney back from subscription and cartel hutt patch and will not bother u again. It is not worth it for me and the others.

Thank You .

TylerDurdensEgo
04.09.2013 , 02:17 PM | #1703
To whom it may concern at Bioware and EA,

I have just cancelled my subscription because I haven't been able to play since the 1.7.3a update on 4/2/2013. And yes I have tried every combination of compatibility modes on and off and administrator privileges, restarting, updating, and I even did a full uninstall and reinstall. Thanks for all your support with this problem and congratulations on screwing up your already struggling game.

shoenvar
04.09.2013 , 02:34 PM | #1704
I had hoped that 2.0 will repair my broken game since 1.7.3, but NO. It is the same CRASH TO DESKTOP.

I have done ALL the EA/BIOWARE suggestions with no success at all. I am a subcriber, never seen this in another game...

This will kill SWTOR, a pity but i have paid to play and i cant. My conputer was the same before update 1.7.3 and after but game always crash to desktop every time i launch the game.

And

KieranJalel
04.09.2013 , 02:35 PM | #1705
I have tried every single thing you and community has suggested (event the new suggestion in the updated sticky of 08-09/04). Nothing has worked. New patch downloaded fine but always crashed to deskop after splash screen.

After buying the expansion and resubbing just before patch 1.7.3a for 6months - this is a lot money for nothing.

Would it be possible to get my money back on this?
“Well, you can forget your troubles with those Imperial slugs. I told you I'd outrun 'em.
[Nobody is listening]
Don't everyone thank me at once.”

RednekShakle
04.09.2013 , 02:59 PM | #1706
I've been on hold for an hour and ten minutes to get a refund, just to go to the billing department. Does anything think they're trying to just make us wait so long on getting to billing that we give up?

RednekShakle
04.09.2013 , 03:02 PM | #1707
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemurytorul View Post

This is not for i payd , i DEMAND to be refunded on my last cent , this is a JOKE on us . All i can say now if not take measure , i will make a petition and i will against measure with my advocate to SUE Bioware and EA.
I encourage all people from here who cant play the game and payd for it.
If you go to court against them I will testify on your side. This is bull.

Hellence
04.09.2013 , 03:28 PM | #1708
1. Server: Shadowlands
2. Characters: all
3. Frequency: every time the game launches
4. The game crashes at the loading/splash screen as soon as the game launches. It starts to load for about 15-30 seconds before crashing to desktop and leaves the change in screen resolution to the game’s resolution.
5. DX diag
Spoiler

6. reliability report (window’s 7)
Spoiler

7. This is a crash to the desktop. I cannot even get to the server or character selection screens.

hhdropbaud
04.09.2013 , 03:51 PM | #1709
Same problem.. Crashing before Character selection / Server Selection. How many of you are running 64 bit versions of windows? Virus scanners.

Try'n everything in my computer experience to see if it works, I can get to the server selection if I run Compatability mode for SP2 Vista, or Win7.

Just get no server list.

Nemurytorul
04.09.2013 , 03:55 PM | #1710
Quote: Originally Posted by RednekShakle View Post
If you go to court against them I will testify on your side. This is bull.

Ty, we need to be UNITED against this crap management of this 2 super creepy software - games makers.
They MOCKS on us and dont even bother to fix after 1 week allready ? They use our monney for WHAT ?

For me it is first game i buyit from them but i swear it is the LAST !!