Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Isxossk
11.24.2012 , 01:13 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by framdor View Post
1. Prophecy of Five
2. All
3. Everytime I play for extended periods - 1.5-2 hrs per session.
4. The trigger is memory. Loading different game play areas increases the memory without memory being released. I can play longer if I do not load in to PVP, Fleet or transfer to more than 2 planets. I watch my memory increasing during play and will eventually shutdown the game to prevent a CTD. I relog and play an additional 1.5-2 hours before I cycle the game again.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. These are indeed CTDs. I am not dropped to a login screen or a server select screen.
Your comments in #4 are totally the same as my experiences. I've had vacation since Tuesday and have probably crashed on average of 4 times per day. I listed all of my information in a previous post but wanted to comment about #4.
Isxossk - Fugative Spy from SWG (Ahazi)
Former Member of Veterans of Ahazi (VOA)

Gnardlblarz
11.24.2012 , 05:07 PM | #152
1. T3-M4
2. All characters
3. Depends. Can play on deserted planets for 3-4 hours, will crash on fleet at about 1 hour, maybe less
4. Trigger - Windows allocated application memory reaches 1,755 GB of memory --> Appcrash.
5. you have had it all
6. will skip that. minimum requirements are met.
WinXP, 4 GB DDR2, Nvidia GTS 250, Phenom 2 X4 965 BE, nForce630, Realtek Audio 7.1, latest drivers installed.
7.Crashing to Desktop confirmed. Not being set back to char selection or something.

8. I bet this is some kind of drinking game for the CS. Whenever someone posts some DxDiag the new guy has to go fetch some drinks for the rest

My best guess is that this memory disaster came live in order to reduce loadingscreens - but as of now this new technique blows the best out of the 32bitters - Lets see where we are heading now.

Wishing the best of luck

psikofunkster
11.24.2012 , 05:08 PM | #153
Bioware you should hire Blizzare entertainment programmers to fix this issue.

Beyoncia
11.24.2012 , 05:17 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Malstrades View Post
3-about every 2 hours as your memory leaks turn unsolvable for hardware and software of the OMS
4-doing everything and nothing
5,6- not necesary as its bad string-coding on your (EAware) part, AKA TEST YOUR **** BEFORE PUTTING IT ON LIVE! using a few rabid fanboy guilds does not count as profesional testing nabs!

7- no *********** **** its a crash to desktop, thought it was santa? wel gues again!
This! Every time you zone in, revive,change toons, or even browse gtn swtror.exe taking more and more memory, Then, it finaly reaches 1.8 gb, which is unsolvable for a system. That problem started this spring. After rakghoul event patch, if i remember correctly. I playing the game from start. First months i was online for 10-15 hours, and NEVER had this problem. Sudenly, after patch, a nightmare begins
BW reported something about craft materials miscalcualtion during zoning and that they fixed it. Apparently not and problems looks deeper.

Jazzdale
11.24.2012 , 05:47 PM | #155
1 - Dalborra
2 - Vexton
3 - often enough25%-50%
4 - has happened while playing but mostly when quitting: desktop crash or hard reset
5 -
Spoiler

6 -
Spoiler

Spoiler

7 - yes it definitely crashes.
look at my character, he is wearing items crafted by me from schematics i reverse engineered but when it crashed I LOST the schematics i had learned.
Last time this happened I logged back in and MY COMPANION WAS STILL CRAFTING AN ITEM but the schematic i had reverse engineered WAS MISSING IN MY CRAFTING WINDOW - LOST!
This is VERY ANNOYING and i have LOST MULTIPLE SCHEMATICS!!!

Mokasha
11.24.2012 , 09:18 PM | #156
I have had periodic issues with crashing to desktop, some after game has been running due to memory leaks and others with the launcher crashing.

I use a program called
Spoiler
that has a SysExplorer tool browsing your os crash logs and was very helpful to find what was causing swtor.exe to crash.

If you are having issues you might try this as a helpful solution as well, the above stated program is excellent even in the free version.

Envrious
11.25.2012 , 04:24 AM | #157
1. The Harbinger
2. Inverious
3. every time i try to travel to the ship that holds the mission to close chapter 1
4. traveling to lord vivacars ship traveling to other planets seems fine but can not go there and there for can not complete chapter 1
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. the game crashes to the desktop and tells me that the game has stopped working and asks me if i want to close program or check for solutions

solthir
11.25.2012 , 06:55 AM | #158
Are we any closer to ever getting a fix for this? I makes it hard to play the game designed around grouping etc when you cant commit to anything with people knowing your game may well crash at any moment with no real warning?

DutchAngel
11.25.2012 , 08:28 AM | #159
Hi,

1. Name of server: The Red Eclips
2. All Characters
3. Frequency of crashing: Every time i playing flashpoint mission. (it happend around 5 times now)
4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers: everytime i play flashpoint mission and am at the end of mission, when i am going 2 planet or fleet.
5. DXDiag:
Spoiler

Event:
Spoiler

I hope this helps you guys troubleshoot the problem.

With Kind regards,
James

zorprimus
11.25.2012 , 11:04 AM | #160
Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected.: Ichimaru, Narmu, Aiizen, Visk, Riber
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Once every 2 to 3 hours.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Anything at this point triggers, lost track of examples. Lets go with all of the above.
DXDiag:

Spoiler

Nothing on the event viewer.
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.