Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

idestrup
04.06.2013 , 12:46 AM | #1581
1. tomb of freedon nadd
2. all charactors
3. at start up rigth after login
Spoiler

Jaggedfiend
04.06.2013 , 01:13 AM | #1582
Quote: Originally Posted by LordScadaver View Post
My game client was crashing out to the desktop in the splash screen after the most recent patch where it changed from email to account name log in - and this post contains the steps I followed to fix it (my system is Windows 7 64 bit)

Quote: Originally Posted by capennington
Alright everyone -- stumbled across a common sense post and it worked.

If you get to the splash screen and your game crashes as the music would normally start just prior to bringing up character selection the do these easy steps -- I just got home from work, tried it 'normally' to see if it was fixed, it wasn't, did this and it worked on the first go.

**This is on a Win7 64-bit system

-> Go to your program directory and find 'launcher.exe'

-> right click-it, go to compatibility and change it to windows 7

-> run game

I hope this helps someone. If it works, repost it so others can see it
I tried everything else and nothing worked but this did.. on my win7 64 bit and laptop.

SexyBruceWayne
04.06.2013 , 01:14 AM | #1583
So yeah same issue as everybody else since the update. No matter what compatibility or run as admin doesn't change that I crash out after the launcher every time on Windows 7 64 bit OS. Reinstall does the exact same thing and its pretty much garbage that there is no feedback/fix/rollback after several days. I don't mind missing 2xp weekend but I'd like to play the damn game.

kekcklon
04.06.2013 , 01:14 AM | #1584
I get to run the game only if you put the compatibility with 98ме. The game is very slow . What to do? : Еек:

KieranJalel
04.06.2013 , 01:25 AM | #1585
I have tried the below but the repair function in the launcher is unclickable (greyed out).

Below are some steps that we would like you to try:1.Turn off compatibility mode for both the launcher and the game client.
2.Run the Repair function from the launcher.
3.Restart your computer.
You may have already tried these steps individually, but we would like you to try them together in the order above.
“Well, you can forget your troubles with those Imperial slugs. I told you I'd outrun 'em.
[Nobody is listening]
Don't everyone thank me at once.”

GhasThon
04.06.2013 , 03:08 AM | #1586
Quote: Originally Posted by SexyBruceWayne View Post
So yeah same issue as everybody else since the update. No matter what compatibility or run as admin doesn't change that I crash out after the launcher every time on Windows 7 64 bit OS. Reinstall does the exact same thing and its pretty much garbage that there is no feedback/fix/rollback after several days. I don't mind missing 2xp weekend but I'd like to play the damn game.
The same for me

GhasThon

arbini
04.06.2013 , 03:40 AM | #1587
I join posts above. After updating 2.04 isn't able to come into game. Either a mistake at Logscreen or empty servers. Made a regeneration of system and drivers, Net.F4, DX9-11, vc ++, Video of drivers. reinstalled the client of game of times 4-5. Helps nothing. Thanks for cheerful days off.

1. tomb of freedon nadd
2. all charactors
3. at start up rigth after login

Problem signature:
Name of an event of a problem: BEX
Application name: swtor.exe
Appendix version: 1.0.0.0
Mark of time of the appendix: 51547cc6
Module name with a mistake: unknown
The module version with a mistake: 0.0.0.0
Mark of time of the module with a mistake: 00000000
Exception shift: 00000000
Exception code: c0000005
These exceptions: 00000008
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Language code: 1049

Gentleman-Horst
04.06.2013 , 03:48 AM | #1588
it seems like that 64-bit systems are affected only. correct me if i am wrong.
i tried all the mentioned workarounds - nothing worked.

bw: what are you going to do to satisfy your customers?

almost a whole week of playtime was denied from your side for a higher amount of customers.
please keep always in mind that a great customer experience is the way to make profit.

OwenBrooks
04.06.2013 , 04:03 AM | #1589
Quote: Originally Posted by Gentleman-Horst View Post
it seems like that 64-bit systems are affected only. correct me if i am wrong.
i tried all the mentioned workarounds - nothing worked.

bw: what are you going to do to satisfy your customers?

almost a whole week of playtime was denied from your side for a higher amount of customers.
please keep always in mind that a great customer experience is the way to make profit.
I run Win 7 64bit with no issue with latest patch, yet I also saw another player with similar specs as mine affected.
What the differences are between his and my system, I do not know.

viktorkah
04.06.2013 , 04:15 AM | #1590
Quote: Originally Posted by necrohammer View Post
quote: Originally posted by capennington view post

alright everyone -- stumbled across a common sense post and it worked.

If you get to the splash screen and your game crashes as the music would normally start just prior to bringing up character selection the do these easy steps -- i just got home from work, tried it 'normally' to see if it was fixed, it wasn't, did this and it worked on the first go.

**this is on a win7 64-bit system

-> go to your program directory and find 'launcher.exe'

-> right click-it, go to compatibility and change it to windows 7

-> run game

i hope this helps someone. If it works, repost it so others can see it since the idiots running the forums haven't listed this in their steps to resolve the issue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the above worked for me too. The compatability was set to windows xp, but i'm using windows 7. Gues that was the problem. But really they should come with a new patch, i should not be messing around in those files in the first place.
thank you!!!