Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LavishBreads
04.02.2013 , 09:47 PM | #1361
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerstoerung View Post
Tried the suggestion mentioned by others to change compatibility settings on the launcher to run with W7 and it worked.

...but my question is - Why does a company release an update without thoroughly testing it somehow/some way so that they can avoid seriously disappointing and losing paying (and potentially paying) customers? I spent 4 hours trying differ crap to fix this - BW must be following the Microsoft business model.

sums is up!
^^ can you repost this suggestion

aznbenn
04.02.2013 , 09:51 PM | #1362
Server- Ebon Hawk
Can't even select a character the game just crashes as soon as the loading screen is finished.
I uninstalled the game AND reinstalled it thinking that would help, nope.
all together I believe i've had more than 55 crashes all at the same spot.
Thanks Bioware, I don't understand why something like this would even happen or why it would persist this long.
Hope you techies fix this soon, although it should have been resolved within hours of the first notices of the issue.

Blakinik
04.02.2013 , 09:56 PM | #1363
Jedi Covenant
All Characters
Crashing every time since patch before I get to the character load screen.
Just saying "SWTOR has stopped working"
Source
Star Wars: The Old Republic

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎4/‎2/‎2013 10:48 PM

Status
Not reported

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: swtor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51547cc6
Fault Module Name: unknown
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 037e1724
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

capennington
04.02.2013 , 09:56 PM | #1364
login, goes to splash screen for 5-10 seconds and starts loading-up then closes to desktop before character selection. Happened every time that I've tried the last two hours after going through all the little 'troubleshooting' things that were listed. Here's the info.

Spoiler

Spoiler

LavishBreads
04.02.2013 , 09:57 PM | #1365
Server- Dalborra
Characters- All of them
Problem- shuts down on start up of launcher

capennington
04.02.2013 , 10:10 PM | #1366
Has anyone experiencing the crash when the game would normally go to character selection from loading splash-screen actually managed to get it working yet?

Sucks paying for a game I can't play.

BigDanM
04.02.2013 , 11:19 PM | #1367
Quote: Originally Posted by capennington View Post
Has anyone experiencing the crash when the game would normally go to character selection from loading splash-screen actually managed to get it working yet?

Sucks paying for a game I can't play.
I think I fixed it myself....I deleted the patch...patcher 1-64 and the patcher.version file and relaunched the game and it re downloaded the launcher patch and its re downloading all the patches.....we'll see what happens when its done....but I'm pretty sure its fixed.....I tried their quick fixes, and even re installed the game 3 times and it didn't want to work....and b4 this last patch today 4/2, I had absolutely no issues except for noticing server lag jump from 16ms to 32ms....But heavy traffic will cause that on any online game.....I was still able to play in Ultra settings and HD without any lag that would disrupt casting....hey just need to upgrade their servers to handle the higher traffic rates, and they'll be alright...When I played WoW on ultra, my comp ran at about 20ms, and that game had way more graphic's than this game, yet they had huge servers....and they even implemented separate servers for each instance, but that takes a crap load of money....

BigDanM
04.02.2013 , 11:34 PM | #1368
Quote: Originally Posted by jonathanwesttt View Post
HAHAHA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that's grate lmfo too funny, I posted that just to make a point not to detour players from playing swtor lol but we need to conceder this games still in its infancy lol just a pain to deal with n i wanted to vice my opinion lol hope you the best of luck with swotr lol.
Well like I said on my recent post on page 137....I think I fixed it myself.....I deleted the patch...patcher 1-64 and the patcher.version file and relaunched it....and now it seems to be working....its taking forever to download all the patches, but at least I got the new launcher to update and work......But I'm running double their recommended spec's to run this game.....which with WoW it ran it with ease, and it had way better graphix....go figure

AgentV
04.02.2013 , 11:38 PM | #1369
Server- Harbinger
Characters- All of them
Problem- shuts down on start up of launcher and closes to desktop

capennington
04.02.2013 , 11:45 PM | #1370
Quote: Originally Posted by BigDanM View Post
.....But I'm running double their recommended spec's to run this game.....which with WoW it ran it with ease, and it had way better graphix....go figure

Sadly when it comes to crash-bugs and whatnot how good your specs are in terms of running the game don't really matter.