Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZUIMSK
04.02.2013 , 03:25 PM | #1291
this is my first online project and even though I live in the "wild Russia" we don't have such disregard to the players with which I was confronted here here get us before you put any kind of update(note us updated yet to be translated into the Russian language ) it tested on the test servers at least two weeks). may all the easier for us if you took the money and didn't complete the job and begin to invent different silly excuses, just a man would come and would you face . believe me works can and you must enter the same practice (the man immediately goes to work, for fear, and for conscience and not for money, courts may drag on for years and contribute little to the improvement of the quality of work

jonathanwesttt
04.02.2013 , 03:31 PM | #1292
Quote: Originally Posted by dartagnan_ View Post
this is what i did to finally get mine working. I deleted the patch folder and ran fixlauncher.exe then i set both swtor.exe and launcher.exe to compatibility os mode (xpsp3 for me) then use the following steps under the support (search launcher) intermediate launcher troubleshooting to reset the winsock:
How do i repair/reset my winsock settings?

We also advise that you try a winsock reset; you can do this by opening command prompt and running it as administrator. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (start > all programs > accessories > command prompt)
2. Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose "run as administrator"
3. Type in the following command and then press enter :
Netsh winsock reset catalog
4. Type in the following command and then press enter :
Netsh in tip reset reset.log hit

i hope this helps!
for some it might help im gitting ticked off to tell the trouth nothing i tryed is working including ^ ill say this once more it is not our job to find a fix to the mmorpgs patch its there job !!!!!!!!!there job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To fix this less thay whant to pay us is not on us and thay need to refund anny time lost due to this isue if over 24 hours PS: JUST WHAT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL TRYING TO HELP IM NOT OVERLOOKING YALL SO THANK YOU.

Drew_Braxton
04.02.2013 , 03:33 PM | #1293
Ran repair launcher
Ran repair install
Changed to and away from running game in windows xp mode
Changed to running in compatibility mode for commodore 64
Moved my launcher from the left side of the screen to the right
Checked my horoscope
Checked my powerball ticket to see if it was a winner
Asked my cat why these people can't test their junk before they release it
Made some chicken fingers
Deleted DiskCacheArena
Asked my cat if the good designers and QA are off working on Dragon Age 3

None of the above worked

kithsyn
04.02.2013 , 03:46 PM | #1294
1 - Fatman
2 - all characters due to my inability to access the character screen
3 - crashed 8 times consecutively in the last 5 minutes - unable to get past this
4 - after the login via launcher, it comes up to the loading screen and it crashes to the desktop. doesn't make it to the character selection screen.
5 [/CODE]

7 - Crash to desktop. The program disappears completely and I see my desktop.

Having trouble with code tags.

nsgrizzzly
04.02.2013 , 03:48 PM | #1295
Name of server: The Shadowlands
Name of character(s) affected. Loth'reesi, Vakkal, Sydath, Vessani, Grimmknight, Ghostmaker, Brin'teenda, Vythankia, Ganthalla, Aigyss. Actually I am unable to get the game to load to the character select screen before crashing to desktop.
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Crashed all 4 times I attempted to log in.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

Spoiler

Your reliability report in spoiler tags

For Windows 7 / Vista:
Spoiler

JermWorm
04.02.2013 , 04:04 PM | #1296
my game keeps crashing to the desktop, after i log in i have uninstalled the game and wanted to reinstall but it will not install, plz help

Njordulfr
04.02.2013 , 04:09 PM | #1297
1. Red Eclipse
2. ALL OF THEM! The game crashes during the Loading Screen.
3. Turned on the laptop, waited for Windows to finish loading and double-clicked the SWTOR Icon. Just the usual stuff. No Windows update or any other update but the 1.7.3 patch for SWToR
4. Every time after logging in, while showing Loading Screen.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Crash during Loading Screen.

jonathanwesttt
04.02.2013 , 04:10 PM | #1298
Quote: Originally Posted by JermWorm View Post
my game keeps crashing to the desktop, after i log in i have uninstalled the game and wanted to reinstall but it will not install, plz help
if you dont do it right itll give you trubble trying to reinstall controle pannle add n remoove programs find swort n right click it to fully uninstall it then try to install the game client agean

billlthegreat
04.02.2013 , 04:15 PM | #1299
1.The Harbinger
2.all
3.Can not get to character selection screen
4.not doing anything just running game client
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. I am not losing internet connection or closing the game client, it is just crashing on it own.

Drew_Braxton
04.02.2013 , 04:21 PM | #1300
Try this....

None of the other ideas worked so I tried the "run in 640x480 screen resolution" open compatibility menu and I got in. Hope this works for you like it did for me.

*shakes fist at Bioware*