Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Klarick
03.01.2013 , 01:10 PM | #1101
Quote: Originally Posted by mckinley_ View Post
1. The Harbinger
2. All of my characters, Artsassin Arteekin, Artsnipe, Artguardian, and Artsorcerer are main ones
3. about every 5 minutes or so since the last patch
4. lets see theres sitting and doing nothing, walking, questing, trading....in other words its nothing i'm doing, its random
7. This is a freeze of the game, a hang, then a message from windows that the game has stopped working, then game crashes to desktop
Curious, Have you called your ISP and asked them to join the other hundreds of ISP that are having problems connecting to SWTOR to please reroute the internet so we can play BW's game?

May want to try that.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

OwenBrooks
03.01.2013 , 05:21 PM | #1102
Quote: Originally Posted by mckinley_ View Post
1. The Harbinger
2. All of my characters, Artsassin Arteekin, Artsnipe, Artguardian, and Artsorcerer are main ones
3. about every 5 minutes or so since the last patch
4. lets see theres sitting and doing nothing, walking, questing, trading....in other words its nothing i'm doing, its random
7. This is a freeze of the game, a hang, then a message from windows that the game has stopped working, then game crashes to desktop
Two recommendations first up,

1) Run the repair on the launcher at login (lower left cog)

2) Run a clean boot to see if it still occurs and another program is not interferring
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Klarick
03.01.2013 , 08:10 PM | #1103
Owen do you tink he should call his ISP and see if they would mind rerouting the web?

OwenBrooks
03.01.2013 , 09:24 PM | #1104
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Owen do you tink he should call his ISP and see if they would mind rerouting the web?
No, and I don't think you should be recommending this as a solution for everything.

Klarick
03.01.2013 , 09:40 PM | #1105
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
No, and I don't think you should be recommending this as a solution for everything.
I am only repeating what you and CS has determined to be the fix for this. Im only trying to help Mr. Brooks.....nothing more.

OwenBrooks
03.01.2013 , 10:06 PM | #1106
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
I am only repeating what you and CS has determined to be the fix for this. Im only trying to help Mr. Brooks.....nothing more.
The only time I have asked anyone to contact there ISP is if i thought it was beneficial to do so, please do not read more into my statements.

OwenBrooks
03.01.2013 , 10:17 PM | #1107
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Two recommendations first up,

1) Run the repair on the launcher at login (lower left cog)

2) Run a clean boot to see if it still occurs and another program is not interferring
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Bumped so can be seen by mckinley_

Nitrodaddy
03.01.2013 , 10:58 PM | #1108
The Harbringer
Gilnais, Nitrodaddy
Last 2 days been 6 times maybe more.
It happens when im in dialog or running quests, in fights or just getting off my ship. It does not crash to desk top the game locks up with a red screen and I have to restart my NEW PC in order to get back to desk top.
Running win 7pro 64 bit. Game runs in full ultra setters. Did not ever crash until last patch.

OwenBrooks
03.01.2013 , 11:16 PM | #1109
Quote: Originally Posted by Nitrodaddy View Post
The Harbringer
Gilnais, Nitrodaddy
Last 2 days been 6 times maybe more.
It happens when im in dialog or running quests, in fights or just getting off my ship. It does not crash to desk top the game locks up with a red screen and I have to restart my NEW PC in order to get back to desk top.
Running win 7pro 64 bit. Game runs in full ultra setters. Did not ever crash until last patch.
First have you run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

Red screen is something i have seen occur on startup but not normally ingame ( solution for startup is to delete the client_settings file) do you use multi monitors ?

Red screen is also a issue that does occur outside the game, use this program to see if it occurs as well http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Google Red screen Nvidia for example
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/34...reen-help-rsod

harmonichonda
03.02.2013 , 08:00 AM | #1110
Are we going to get refunded game time for this nonsense? I just built a new computer thinking perhaps my i5 2500k simply couldn't handle this game after 2 years of heavy overclocked. Now with an i7 3770k, still crashing to desktop. I feel incredibly let down having missed the gree event because my rig can handle everything on the market except for the one mmo I would like to play.

1. Server: Jedi Covenant
2. Character: ALL
3. Crash to desktop without any error message every warzone entrance and space mission conclusion, frequently crashes to desktop without error message upon game launch.
dxdiag is apparently too long to post on these forums. That's cool too