Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tons of Lag on Harbinger

TrogdorTheBurn
11.01.2012 , 06:19 AM | #1
I'm not the only one seeing this, so don't immediately start with "reboot your ___". The lag spikes started on the night of the 29th, and has persisted. I used netstat to grab my server IP and ran MTR to look at the path.

We (myself, 3 guildies, 2 friends from work) are all on different ISPs, different geographic locations, etc. We're losing packets at 152.63.48.253. Judging by ARIN lookups and the latency jumps, this would be one of network providers into the datacenter (Verizon Business).

There are a few tickets my guildies have opened, and after they sent in pathpings, dxdiags, etc. you claimed it was an issue with THEIR ISP. Sorry Level 1 customer support, the issue happens past the backbones and on YOUR ISP. And, don't you dare call it an isolated issue. Spend more than 20 minutes on fleet, Belsavis, or Ilum and you'll see people asking "Is anyone else having lag issues?". Hop on a speeder and enjoy the almost full second activation delay of it appearing.

I'm absolutely infuriated at how these tickets have been handled, and how NO ONE seems to put it all together. As of this morning, latency has dropped 20ms to your server, and my packet loss is gone. However, someone from CS needs to read this and understand how to handle customers better. These users that reported issues were right, and you dismissed them. FOR SHAME.

dragonsmasters
11.01.2012 , 06:34 AM | #2
I have to agree....to dimiss your customers that are paying you good money and use the line "it has to be your ISP" is down right shameful...

Galactarius_
11.01.2012 , 08:02 AM | #3
Many of us have talked about this. First of all, we should bump the older threads on this issue; if you look around you will see many of them. Please post in the old threads, so we can gather all the information in one place. In addition, these older threads will get more attention.

- Lag issue,
- Network latancy issues
- LAG issues
- Update and Information Request Error Code 9000

These are just a few of the threads with a lot of information on the issue. We believe BioWare are doing all they can, but we must keep these threads alive until the problem is fixed; because this is not a trivial problem, it is in fact a deal-breaker.

TrogdorTheBurn
11.01.2012 , 08:14 AM | #4
I created a new thread more to report the CS failures; and less to report the latency. They certainly know about the network issues already - if they don't know then EA really needs to evaluate their application monitoring.

The issue is how Level 1 handled the tickets, and immediately dismissed these reports. And - latency and lag spikes are still yet to appear in the known issues lists. And despite the network tests showing the issue is outside of the end user, CS did nothing except say: "oh, it must be your internet."

Acknowledging the issue would go a long way.