Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Verakith
12.29.2011 , 03:19 PM | #271
If you're looking to do some dailies while you wait for the fix, Belsavis has a few you can do for Daily Commendations.

Mobiwang
12.29.2011 , 03:19 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Mauridius View Post
I think you misunderstand a project managers role if you believe they cannot tell animation etc to stop working on one thing and move onto another. It is part of their job to prioritise tasks and assign them out to the relevant department. Once they register a fix their internal test team verify the fix and move it into a live environment (in this case a PTS).
I don't imagine I misunderstand much as I am one. I don't take a specialty dept and put them to work on someone else's specialty project. Its horrible time inefficient and causes more problems down the road with sloppy code.

If I have a bug in software that we create, I put the appropriate team for that aspect of the software on it. If there's something more important pending, it waits until there's available manpower if its not a critical failure.

Quote: Originally Posted by demoncrat View Post
You should work at EA. You sound like you'd fit right into their garbage product development.

Blizzard waits until February to release D3 because they care about their products.
11 YEARS of development. You're saying you can wait for 11 years for a final product, but cant wait 2 weeks for a fix to a product you have access to?

I'd love to know what world you're living in.

Diora
12.29.2011 , 03:29 PM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
I really don't think you understand our frustrations. You've poured 100+ hours into playing your character the way you wanted (it's the whole reason for the light/dark side options in the game!) and suddenly you're at the ultimate point in the story, where your decision will single handedly shape the future of a huge part of the galaxy and then suddenly you have to pick a particular choice which is the antithesis of your character just to avoid getting locked out of almost all the meaningful end game content.

I usually don't care about MMO stories, but SWTOR has done it so well that I do actually care. I played my BH from 1 to 50 as a dark side evil bas**** and having to make that ending decision was painful. I'm still VERY thankful I read the forums first and someone mentioned their light sided BH friend didn't bug out and they thought it was tied to the light side choices, so I did the same and didn't get bugged out. I can feel for all the other BHs though, especially the ones who first discovered the bug and warned those of us quite not there yet about it.

I think instead of patronizing us and saying you understand our frustrations, a much better thing to say is "Our dev team will add a way for BH to reset the story back before the bug so they can complete the story how how they want to. And here's 60 daily commendations for having to wait so long for us to fix it."

Anyways, keep up the good plotline work! But hire a better (and darker-sided) QA staff!

-Spekkio
Another reason why pure dark side as a BH is stupid. (actually if you take a long term view, MOST of the dark side choices are just stupid and do not benefit the empire or yourself.)

MY BH went with the most utilitarian, self-serving (the empire is my meal ticket, i don't want them doing stupid **** to undermine themselves), and honorable actions (Mandalorian honor) and hit level 50 at light 4. I always thought the people who do all dark side aren't really thinking about their choices in a long term way, because they'd realize that most of those choices will be bad for them in the end. The final choice in the battle for ilum FP is a perfect example...

Anyway, Joveth is wrong, it's not just going ls when talking to darth tormen. it's also going LS when talking to the chancellor!

Also, as a side note, anyone heard of any smugglers reporting the same issue? This happened to me on my beta smuggler (same exact bug) when I chose the LS way (which led to a completely different cutscene/quest ending than the DS way)

demoncrat
12.29.2011 , 04:41 PM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Mobiwang View Post

11 YEARS of development. You're saying you can wait for 11 years for a final product, but cant wait 2 weeks for a fix to a product you have access to?

I'd love to know what world you're living in.
It's been in development for five years. I expected better polish. They've known about this bug since September and did nothing.

Queue the outrage at spending $150 + $15 a month and not getting a working game.
Eternity Vault is one giant bug. Please fix it

Mauridius
12.29.2011 , 04:58 PM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by Mobiwang View Post
I don't imagine I misunderstand much as I am one. I don't take a specialty dept and put them to work on someone else's specialty project. Its horrible time inefficient and causes more problems down the road with sloppy code.
So what you said there is different to what i said how? Fixing a bug for a quest is far different than assigning art assets/animation assets etc. As a project manger you will know that a certain amount of development time following a product launch is spent in a bug fixing phase. We have had what, one patch and a few hot fixes? Please?! With the size of the team on this project more should and is expected.

Also for you reference it is pretty much what I do for a living too.

demoncrat
12.29.2011 , 05:16 PM | #276
This is typical "project" management. One team delivers content, with tons of bugs, it ships to the customer. The other team is responsible for fixing it. We'll constantly see crap like this until someone at EA/Bioware decides that the dev team need to put out working content.
Eternity Vault is one giant bug. Please fix it

walkeran
12.29.2011 , 05:51 PM | #277
So I got hit with this bug too the other day. I'm wondering what this prevents us from doing exactly. I know we can't finish the class story and some of the Ilum dailies, but does it affect what flashpoints we can do or anything like that?

Mobiwang
12.29.2011 , 05:58 PM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by Mauridius View Post
So what you said there is different to what i said how? Fixing a bug for a quest is far different than assigning art assets/animation assets etc. As a project manger you will know that a certain amount of development time following a product launch is spent in a bug fixing phase. We have had what, one patch and a few hot fixes? Please?! With the size of the team on this project more should and is expected.

Also for you reference it is pretty much what I do for a living too.
Want to enlighten me as to exactly how many developers are working on this game at this very moment? You seem to know this.

Mobiwang
12.29.2011 , 06:36 PM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by demoncrat View Post
It's been in development for five years. I expected better polish. They've known about this bug since September and did nothing.

Queue the outrage at spending $150 + $15 a month and not getting a working game.
Diablo 3 in dev for 11 years.

If you're telling me all the extra goodies you got with the CE are absolutely worthless, and you paid $150 JUST for the game, then I've got some snake oil that I need to sell you.

Buttered
12.29.2011 , 07:31 PM | #280
focus all snarky comments towards the devs not each other...bump
Oooh, it's the Juggernaut, b****!