Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cstebbin
12.26.2011 , 09:43 PM | #131
Yeah I was hoping to see it in the patch notes. Sucks to bench my favorite toon for so long.

doodirock
12.26.2011 , 09:52 PM | #132
and.............................

Still nothing
=Bad Idea=
Website | Recruitment

Petry
12.26.2011 , 11:19 PM | #133
sigh...
CE VIPMVP

Sinfulness
12.26.2011 , 11:42 PM | #134
I've given up for now and I am leveling my operative.

Rranzok
12.27.2011 , 12:08 AM | #135
A CM posted over in Customer Support. Supposedly they are 'aware of the issue and working as fast as possible to resolve it' or something like that. I won't hold my breath though.
.: SEAL Team Six :.
PvP - Dark Reaper - Empire
Recruiting Loose Cannons and Wild Cards

Rahxepha
12.27.2011 , 02:49 AM | #136
What they really should do is just give people the marks for the days they missed. Better yet, just give us the gear. After screwing up so big Bioware it's the least you can do. You may think this is no big deal but as main tank of my guild I can't fall behind the rest of my crew otherwise it will make tanking all that much harder. You have to address this problem and stop ignoring it.

eyeseeudie
12.27.2011 , 08:43 AM | #137
Seems like there needs to be a section in the patch notes letting people know what major known issues they still dont have fixed at least. I dont want to get my PT up to this point and be stuck, so I've been kind of taking my time as I level up.. Up to about 47 now and starting to get a lil worried.

Mauridius
12.27.2011 , 08:51 AM | #138
It would be quicker for me to start another BH and get that to level 50 again before a fix is implemented. At least customer support got back to my ticket about this though;

"Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0 and I have received your transmission.

Thank you for contacting us with this bug report. Your report has been forwarded to the relevant department, who will investigate further. We regret we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking future patch notes for any up to date information.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter whilst playing the game.

Galactic Support is our specialty..."

Utterly demoralising. The patch notes are a joke. They preach that it contains many priority fixes then list crap like baby names in them.

I just want to continue with the story on Ilum, do my dailies and continue to enjoy a game I really do love.

Is that too much to ask? For you to a) respond with something that is not drivel and b) fix an issue that the game should never have been launched with.

Jikahn
12.27.2011 , 08:57 AM | #139
Anyway... To reiterate the useful information in this thread that was disseminated: To avoid this bug, choose the light-side option and kill the Darth at the end of your quest line. Apparently there is no long term consequence aside from gaining LS points. No titles or special things, only an extra battle. (If you have evidence to the contrary, please let us know.)

If you've advanced to this point in the class quest (I have not) please post your experience so we can all be more educated as to what this entails. And submit detailed bug reports in game if you are stuck with the bug. This is the way to help them help us. They just haven't solved the puzzle.

To the people who think that finding a logic error among innumerable lines of code that call innumerable methods/functions that are used by all classes and both factions (for instance the trooper's smoke grenade and the bounty hunter's oil slick likely call the same section of code at some point to distribute the same mathematical effect), i give up on trying to convince you. You win gratz. Also, this isn't the first patch... its at least the 3rd or 4th since early access started.

TL;DR - lern2readfaster.

P.S. Is anyone but me tired of reading the word drivel on internet forums?

Mauridius
12.27.2011 , 09:03 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Jikahn View Post
Anyway... To reiterate the useful information in this thread that was disseminated: To avoid this bug, choose the light-side option and kill the Darth at the end of your quest line. Apparently there is no long term consequence aside from gaining LS points. No titles or special things, only an extra battle. (If you have evidence to the contrary, please let us know.)

If you've advanced to this point in the class quest (I have not) please post your experience so we can all be more educated as to what this entails. And submit detailed bug reports in game if you are stuck with the bug. This is the way to help them help us. They just haven't solved the puzzle.

To the people who think that finding a logic error among innumerable lines of code that call innumerable methods/functions that are used by all classes and both factions (for instance the trooper's smoke grenade and the bounty hunter's oil slick likely call the same section of code at some point to distribute the same mathematical effect), i give up on trying to convince you. You win gratz. Also, this isn't the first patch... its at least the 3rd or 4th since early access started.

TL;DR - lern2readfaster.
Where do you even start with this post? They do NOT need to look through innumerable lines of code, they do NOT have innumerable methods and functions to check. You yourself just gave the EXACT recreation for the bug. The bug exists, it occurs 100% of the time.

Patch 1.01 is the first major patch, there have been hot fixes but no patches prior to this one.

This bug should be a priority to fix, baby names are not more important, nor is the majority of the other fixes that were applied to this patch. If you are unable to continue with the game the bug that is preventing this should be addressed. Not left since late Beta.