Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

doodirock
12.26.2011 , 03:45 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Mauridius View Post
@Jikhan

Millions of lines of code? You think they start at the beginning? They have been given a recreation for the bug which means their debug machines show them exactly what is wrong.

This is likely not a developer issue but instead a production one, whereby the have assigned the wrong priority to the issue as it was endgame issue and unlikely to have an impact at launch.

If a game breaking bug is reported in September I would expect it to be fixed come the end of Dec

Also you say we continue to buy their games despite us saying they are greedy? Did I willingly buy this game and know that there was a game breaking issue at level 50, no i didnt. If I did I wouldnt be posting on these forums.
So very true. This idea of "millions of lines of code" is incredibly unrealistic and far from factual. This is a KNOWN bug from well over 5 months ago. It has been tagged and sent to BW millions of times over the coarse of their beta. The real reason it has not been fixed is simple priorities. They fix early level stuff first because it has more of a player base behind it. This only goes to show how rushed the game was.

Starting areas and missions (which are priority one) still are not fixed and game breaking issues like this are far far off in the distance. Why do you think flash points, operations, and end game are so insanely broken. It wasn't even testing in Beta....
=Bad Idea=
Website | Recruitment

Nemonia
12.26.2011 , 04:22 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by doodirock View Post
Why do you think flash points, operations, and end game are so insanely broken. It wasn't even testing in Beta....

Actually not true, end game was tested in beta.

Mauridius
12.26.2011 , 04:25 PM | #113
Brilliant, well at least I know CS are reading this thread as I received a warning for calling someone a idiot.

I am sorry you are not an idiot (you are simply just wrong), I apologise to the CS for wasting their time for warning me, why not reply to the thread instead and give us an update on the issue?!

doodirock
12.26.2011 , 04:30 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemonia View Post
Actually not true, end game was tested in beta.

Depends on what you call testing. I was in beta for 5 months and if you call having week of premade lvl 50s that was completely broken and only a small handful of 50s reaching max level before being wiped CONSTANTLY then yes it was "tested".
=Bad Idea=
Website | Recruitment

Mauridius
12.26.2011 , 04:51 PM | #115
Depends on what you call testing. I was in beta for 5 months and if you call having week of premade lvl 50s that was completely broken and only a small handful of 50s reaching max level before being wiped CONSTANTLY then yes it was "tested".
I am sure though that they had an internal test team that would have tested this? Also when it comes to testing from an internal perspective (speaking from experience) main stories and the many paths they can take will have been tested.

Even if only a critical path was taken for speed from 1 - 50 with us being an Imperial class the darkside options should have been a priority (this bug will have been seen internally).

This again reeks of priority. I don't blame the internal test team or development, this would have been a production decision. They would have taken accountability for this issue in order to get it launched.

Standard test practice dictates that you assess Risk and Priority and and assign in a RPN score or something similar (risk priority number usual A x B x C). This bug has simply been ignored in order to get the title launched and to be fixed at a later date.

Sucks to have experienced this bug and have to watch my friends do their dailies and progress through the rather good Ilum storyline.

Nemonia
12.26.2011 , 05:07 PM | #116
What Mauridius said, you really don't think they had an internal testing team?

doodirock
12.26.2011 , 05:23 PM | #117
What Mauridius said, you really don't think they had an internal testing team?
You were'nt even speaking to that issue in your last post. Of coarse i think there is one but clearly they're not doing a very good job and that is what this whole thread is about. Heck I almost wish they didnt have an internal team. At least then they would have an excuse...
=Bad Idea=
Website | Recruitment

Nemonia
12.26.2011 , 05:32 PM | #118
You were'nt even speaking to that issue in your last post. Of coarse i think there is one but clearly they're not doing a very good job and that is what this whole thread is about. Heck I almost wish they didnt have an internal team. At least then they would have an excuse...
Huh? Beta testing, internal game testing its still game testing and its a bit lame to presume that they wouldn't have encountered it themselves - that in combination with the beta testers they invited from the player pool makes it impossible to miss, especially since players from the beta testing did confirm that they encountered it months ago.

doodirock
12.26.2011 , 05:37 PM | #119
Huh? Beta testing, internal game testing its still game testing and its a bit lame to presume that they wouldn't have encountered it themselves - that in combination with the beta testers they invited from the player pool makes it impossible to miss, especially since players from the beta testing did confirm that they encountered it months ago.
What point are you even arguing? Cause this is exactly what I'm saying.... They have PLENTY of people who knew about this bug and its still not fixed.. I'm not sure if you're trolling or just extremely confused.
=Bad Idea=
Website | Recruitment

Nemonia
12.26.2011 , 05:48 PM | #120
What point are you even arguing? Cause this is exactly what I'm saying.... They have PLENTY of people who knew about this bug and its still not fixed.. I'm not sure if you're trolling or just extremely confused.
Could say the same thing to you, cause what you brought up earlier was pointless. You don't know how many players found that bug in the beta.

Quote: