Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant Run....

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HeAt-Predator
11.01.2012 , 12:57 AM | #1
Once i have logged in and i press play it starts for less than a millisecond then closes, i have re installed but with no success then i go to look at my subscription and it says i have run out of time, Is this why the i cant open the game.

Ratae
11.01.2012 , 02:09 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello HeAt-Predator,

You do need a valid subscription to play the game, but if your subscription has expired you would get an error message to that effect when you log-in.

If you do still have subscription time available and the game still closes immediately on launch, could you please post the contents of your "Client_Settings.ini" file in this thread?

1. Click the Start button
2. Then left-click on the field “Control Panel”
3. Go to “Folder Options” in the Control Panel.
4. Then go to “View” and activate in “Hidden files and folders” the option “Show hidden files and folders”
5. Press OK
6. Navigate to:
In Windows 7 / Vista "C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings."
In Windows XP "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Application Data\SWTOR\swtor\settings"
7. Open the file "client_settings.ini" in Windows notepad.
8. Copy and paste the contents into this thread.

Could you also post the DXDiag of your system here and we will try to help you further?

To get your DXDiag report, please follow these instructions:
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  2. Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
  3. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  4. At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  5. This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  6. Save this to your desktop.
  7. Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  8. Paste that information at the bottom of your post. Please use code or spoiler tags. If you don’t use these then your DXDiag will fill up the page making it hard to navigate your thread.
Thank you.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support