Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stupid 'Gansta' shooting stance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Stupid 'Gansta' shooting stance

TheronFett
11.02.2012 , 11:26 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mugen_dom View Post
The damage output is a waste, rapid shots is going to do the same amount of damage, if your using thermal sensor overide with unload to vent heat your wasting your TSO. Mercs use unload not powertechs, it does white dmg might throw the dot on the guy but so can rapid shots...You get knocked back and are rooted and want to use unload? Really? I think you just like the gansta look of it more then anything.
This guy has to be trolling. No one can be this clueless.

DukeNukemTX
11.02.2012 , 11:59 AM | #12
What it is, is hijacking the thread. This has nothing to do with whatever that kid thinks of the skill. Its about changing the animation of the skill.

LordExozone
11.03.2012 , 06:41 PM | #13
Quote:
Rapid shots will never do the same damga as unload.

From my lvl 17 Powertech :
Rapid Shot : 108-149
Unload : 175-204 per second
It means that during 3s, 2 Rapid Shots will deal 216-298 while unload will deal 525-612. At this you add the fact that Rapid Shots have 10% less accuracy...

If you still believe unload is a waste then...
The damage difference diminishes a little at level 50, with my current gear its 2100 damage with Rapid Shots vs 3200 with Unload. Rapid Shots is still the best to use in most cases as you can stay mobile. Only when you are stuck at range for some reason and have no reason to move away from or closer to your target should you use unload.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Derp.

Due to the channel time and heat, it's a free attack. Used in conjunction with TSO, you can actually attack AND vent heat with Unload. Next time just be quiet and let the adults talk.
Sorry to correct you on this but you should never use TSO with Unload. At long range use it with Death From Above. At close range if you can afford not to move use it with Flamethrower. Both abilities do superior damage to Unload, cost more heat that you save, and have the same 3 second channel time that lets you vent heat.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

DukeNukemTX
11.05.2012 , 03:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
The damage difference diminishes a little at level 50, with my current gear its 2100 damage with Rapid Shots vs 3200 with Unload. Rapid Shots is still the best to use in most cases as you can stay mobile. Only when you are stuck at range for some reason and have no reason to move away from or closer to your target should you use unload.

Sorry to correct you on this but you should never use TSO with Unload. At long range use it with Death From Above. At close range if you can afford not to move use it with Flamethrower. Both abilities do superior damage to Unload, cost more heat that you save, and have the same 3 second channel time that lets you vent heat.
what part of "this is not about the viability of the skill" do people not understand?

Crimson_Grog
11.07.2012 , 08:57 AM | #15
I hate the new stance. My character is a professional bounty hunter, not some idiot from da hood.

sumuser
11.08.2012 , 04:46 AM | #16
As a shieldtech, I find unload useful is specific situations. While it is not in my regular rotation, IF (for example) I'm doing the Black Talon and I jet charge into a mob and there is some low hp trash at a distance (instead of wasting grapple), I can lob an ED at them followed by unload.

If you're running a daily (shieldtech or not) and you're bored and looking for new ways to kill trash, you can use unload or ED followed by a shoulder slam. Or use unload followed by a railshot. There are situational uses for unload...

But I have to agree with the other poster that generally speaking unload is not the most efficient dps ability to use.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

Karkais
11.10.2012 , 05:55 PM | #17
Well the old stance was the same as rapid shots stance apart from two hands on the gun. The new stance has a bit more flair to it. I think its ok.
"Lieutenant, be advised that your weapon will require several decades of sustained fire
in order to penetrate my shields at their current charge... Good luck!"
- M1-4X

DukeNukemTX
11.12.2012 , 09:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Well the old stance was the same as rapid shots stance apart from two hands on the gun. The new stance has a bit more flair to it. I think its ok.
Flair is one thing, Im all for flair but this is Star Wars not Gang Wars.

BlazingShadow
11.13.2012 , 11:32 AM | #19
My bountyhunter is from the 'hood, so this animation actually supports my immersion.

(I am a white suburban child and I support this message)

DukeNukemTX
11.19.2012 , 09:40 PM | #20
noticing more people thinking this new stance is garbage.