Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I didn't realise how bad PvP was broken, until tonight - and why nobody does RWZ's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I didn't realise how bad PvP was broken, until tonight - and why nobody does RWZ's

AKfourtyseven
10.31.2012 , 08:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Moriganno View Post
The problem with the Match making system in RWZs is simply the lack of one. They just put random teams who queue against each other, and often scenarios like you have described happens.
There arent enough teams on servers for proper match-making. On our server, there are often only a handful of teams playing ranked. If a new team happens to decide they want to try it out, like happened tonight? They will get stomped every single game by the top teams, because those are the only teams left actively doing ranked.

We need cross-server and we need it soon. Thats the only way new and developing teams will face fair competition.
Surik - lvl 50 Guardian
Server : The Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Guild : Coral

AsiriusNazriel
10.31.2012 , 09:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
I'm not going to get involved in the argument, but for a post that is complaining about the gear gap, the only thing you mentioned are grenades and team coordination, both of which you can acquire with a little bit of credits and a little bit of practice.
And also that they don't normally do RWZ and ran into a top tier guild. I can imagine a couple of those on EB, where all the players know each other and play with each other regularly. It's unfortunate but until cross-server queues are implemented only kickball games will be fun or viable.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

Joajoa
10.31.2012 , 10:33 PM | #23
What I don't understand,from a design point of view,is why make gear so much of a factor in pvp.

What's wrong with making the gear basically equal,and let the best team win?

denpic
10.31.2012 , 11:14 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothQuick View Post
In the games current state, F2P people will play a few wzs and never touch them again. Or worse, will tell their friends that pvp is terrible and Bioware will lose a lot of possible subs. That isn't good for the long term health of the game.
I don't agree pvp is competitive and new players if competitive will
Improve themselves to be competitive the qq you see on the forums about pvp is from a small minority of people
That hate to lose blame everything on anything but themselves have limited understanding of the games mechanics
And would rather whinge and complain to change the game to suit them rather than just learning to play
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

MorgothQuick
11.01.2012 , 01:05 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
I don't agree pvp is competitive and new players if competitive will
Improve themselves to be competitive the qq you see on the forums about pvp is from a small minority of people
That hate to lose blame everything on anything but themselves have limited understanding of the games mechanics
And would rather whinge and complain to change the game to suit them rather than just learning to play
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it like it is. F2P players wont bother with wzs after playing a few. Theyre playing for the story, not to be frustrated.

Brool
11.01.2012 , 01:25 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothQuick View Post
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it like it is. F2P players wont bother with wzs after playing a few. Theyre playing for the story, not to be frustrated.
Such broad generalizations. Some f2p players will enjoy them, some wont. Just like the current population. f2p players wont deal with the gear gap at all until they hit 50, and by that time im sure they will have chosen to sub or not.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

Helig
11.01.2012 , 01:37 AM | #27
I believe it's the time BW considered implementing Arenas. RWZ format, with the current amount of motivation required to put together and coordinate a team of such size, doesn't cut it. Smaller format, such as 2v2\3v3, would be much more alive with the current system.

Not saying Arenas should be WoW-model team deathmatch. They could be objectives-based, simpler than Warzones - to accommodate to the smaller format.

I also think that top players should be rewarded with something tangible - no, not gear that makes the rich richer and the powerful more powerful. I'm talking about Cartel coins, sufficient to maintain full access to PvP content.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Draekos
11.01.2012 , 01:45 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
II also think that top players should be rewarded with something tangible - no, not gear that makes the rich richer and the powerful more powerful. I'm talking about Cartel coins, sufficient to maintain full access to PvP content.
That is an amazing idea, someone knockout the stiffs from EA and make this happen.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

MasterJediOnasi
11.01.2012 , 02:01 AM | #29
All i have to say on this is WOW! First I am not a RWZ person unless it is inhouse with my guild but ANY good coordinated team is going to coordinate their stuns and focus targets one at a time. If you complain about that then you just need to quit pvp. As far as a gear differntial I have screenshots of myself on a recruit character out damaging and out surviving playing in BIS WH. Gear makes a diff but it is not the only thing that matters. Only thing I see constructive out of this post is I too agree that grenades are junk for wz and should not be allowed. In closing stop complaining about the stuns and mezzes and learn how to use your own and to coordinate your team to where you can beat them. happy hunting guys

darksidechemist
11.01.2012 , 02:07 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
I'm not going to get involved in the argument, but for a post that is complaining about the gear gap, the only thing you mentioned are grenades and team coordination, both of which you can acquire with a little bit of credits and a little bit of practice.
Now, now, no need to bring the truth in here...